Austin, TX

Posted October 10, 2014
Ridgetop has a great community, with a diverse student body. It's a small school with supportive administrators, teachers, and involved parents.

Ridgetop Elementary School 4

Posted July 29, 2014
We decided to put our son in this school last year for two reasons primarily; the 2 way dual language program and the amazing sense of community that was overwhelmingly apparent even on the tour. Mr. Gloria is very involved with the children and they are comfortable walking right up to ask him questions or try to involve him in their conversations or activities. I was and remain impressed at how the children seem happy and engaged in the classes and around the school. My daughter will be starting Pre-k this year at Ridgetop and we are happy to have both kids there. It is a sweet and small school with caring and talented teachers.

Ridgetop Elementary School 2

Posted June 23, 2013
Lacks leadership and proper training for the staff. Many new and younger teachers need better leadership from the admin staff.

Posted September 28, 2012
We really love the vibe at the elementary school. The principal is fabulous, such a friendly and communicative man. The teachers have all been wonderful and my son loves them. We have been at other schools in AISD (all central), including some charter schools and Ridgetop has by far been where we are all happiest. Please don't let school "ratings" and test scores confuse you, your neighborhood schools, like this one, NEED you (and your kids) and they deserve a chance. Dual language learning, strong PTA presence, organic gardening and art programs...A+

Posted May 24, 2012
My daughter is finishing up her kindergarten year in the dual language program here, and we love it. It is a small school where everyone knows everybody, and feels like a real community. The prinicpal is great, the teachers are great, the staff is great, I just can't say enough good things about this school.

Posted March 05, 2011
Our daughter started kindergarten at Ridgetop last fall in the new dual language program. We have had a great experience, and strongly recommend Ridgetop to other families, especially those interested in having their kids learn two languages at an early age. Our daughter is shy, and she was very nervous about starting kindergarten. But after only a few days, she was loving her new teacher and friends, and she enjoys going to school every day. She is reading and writing in English and Spanish, and she speaks Spanish like a native speaker! The school is small, and it is a comfortable, welcoming place. We do not live nearby, but it has been worth the drive, and we are delighted with the results!

Posted January 14, 2011
We love this school. Our daughter is enrolled in the Spanish/English dual language program. She enjoys the classroom environment - students in her program work together and learn to rely on each other and she is really learning to speak in Spanish! The administration and staff are excellent and create a welcoming environment for both students and their families. To me, this is what all schools should be like.

Posted November 08, 2010
I have loved this school ever since I enrolled my oldest child that is now 8 and still attending Ridgetop. I now have 2 other kids going to that school. I love the staff they are so sweet and humble. It is small and they give each student one on one time to help them with there needs. They also have a YMCA program at the school so my kids stay there safe and i do not have to worry that they are driving from school to an after school program. I could just go on and on but I have not one bad thing to say about anyone or the school. I feel blessed that my kids attend such a great school.

Ridgetop Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Ridgetop is a small, family-friendly school. No students 'fall through the cracks' because the staff and the principal know all the students and most of the parents quite well. Ridgetop is one of three elementary schools selected to pilot the AISD Dual Language program starting this coming school year (2010-2011) and it will start with Kindergarten and First Grade, adding a grade level each year until all grade levels, Kg-5, have the Dual Language program in place. In 2009, Ridgetop celebrated its 70th year in its present building, and the 75th anniversary of the PTA.

Ridgetop Elementary School 0

Posted November 06, 2009
The teachers love their students!

Ridgetop Elementary School
5005 Caswell Avenue, Austin, TX  78751
Last modified Ridgetop Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgetop Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top