Austin, TX

Posted May 13, 2015
Although not a staff of the school, i personally worked for an organization that uses the school's cafeteria for the afterschool care of the children there. What I found most appreciative about the school is that it has children that are very involved in wanting to learn just like how some of the parents are involved with the school. One of the things that I like most about it is that both the students and the parents are involved in ways to learn and grow in its right definition of learning rather than just simply doing it for the sake of getting the honors as a community. if this keeps up, Summitt will become one of the best schools to learn since I found that many schools need to model in ways that are similar to them.

Posted January 12, 2015
We could not be happier with our experience at Summitt. Our daughter participates in the Vietnamese Dual Language program, and she goes to school each day excited and happy. The teachers are wonderful, and we love the community of parents involved at Summitt. Parent involvement is very high, and the school organizes an incredible amount of activities throughout the year for the community to attend. The school's communication is consistent and organized, and we receive updates from teachers on a daily basis. The library program is strong (the library is beautiful!), and the librarian is creative and active with the students. We have also found the administration to be open, approachable and very supportive of the students and activities at Summitt. Finally, we really appreciate the diversity of the student body. Summitt is a wonderful place, and we are proud of our school.

Summitt Elementary School 3

Posted September 03, 2014
My son attended Summitt Elementary last year and we were very disappointed. There are wonderful families at Summitt and we still have friends who attend there, but I have to say that the school is mediocre at best. The problem seems to stem from a lack of strong leadership and imagination. There is no strong vision for the school, and the learning environment is not exciting nor engaging. In our experience, the leadership is also slow to respond or unresponsive when parents bring up concerns. We moved to a new school this year, and my child is much happier and finally excited about school.

Posted May 29, 2013
Nice school with an open layout. The vertical team is amazing and the teachers we have had are excellent.

Posted July 26, 2011
This school has many wonderful community events from Soaring Skyward, Multicultural Days, Parades, New Year Shows, Lantern Festivals, Talent Shows and much much more! Your children will get a wide variety of cultures and the teachers here TRULY care for their students! Can't wait until school starts again!

Posted May 06, 2011
I have two children at this school and every day they come home excited about what they are doing in class and telling me all about what they have learned. The administration and the teachers put a lot of effort into building traditions that the children can look forward too while still keeping things fresh and exciting. I have been very impressed with the coumminity involvement and the personal investment of the teachers. We are very proud to be raising two Summitt Eagles!

Posted October 13, 2010
my 1st grader has had a wonderful time there.

Posted January 31, 2010
We have been very happy at Summitt. The teachers are wonderful! Great school!!

Posted January 15, 2010
Summitt is a such a wonderful place! I have loved working here and love the environment. The teachers are very helpful, caring, cooperative and absolutely amazing at what they do. We have a beautiful school and very positive and happy students! Can't wait until my little boy can start Kinder here! He is going to love it!

Posted October 20, 2009
Our parents are VERY involved at Summitt Elementary, and our teachers and staff ROCK!

12207 Brigadoon Lane, Austin, TX  78727
Last modified Summitt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Summitt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top