Posted May 14, 2014
We love SVE! We transferred from Becker Elementary because SVE was closer to home and we could continue in the dual language program. I have been really impressed with all the resources, programs, and extra curricular activities offered at the school. My kids, a kindergartner and second grader, have both benefited from Creative Action, a free Theatre arts after school program, Math Pentathlon and more. If you are looking for quality after school programs this school has many to chose from. SVE is organized and as parents you know what to expect. There is great parent/teacher communication and consistency in the information (and in the homework too!) that is relayed through the grade levels. I really appreciate this because as a parent I can be assured that another parent will have the same information I received. Lastly, I am a former teacher who tutors here and from that perspective I am equally pleased with this school. I am thrilled that my kids have the opportunity to benefit from a dual language school so close to home that is diverse, has dedicated teachers and a great community. Thank you SVE!

Posted May 12, 2014
My child is in 2nd grade in the dual language program. She reads, writes & speaks Spanish quite well already (English native lang.). We are VERY HAPPY with this school. Teachers, staff, leadership are all very approachable and super-helpful. Strong PTA, organizes well. Good support from City of Sunset Valley too. School is smaller than many Austin elems, so that's a plus. We love SVE!

Posted May 02, 2014
My child has been attending this school for the past two years as part of the Dual Language program, where the children are taught in both Spanish and English. We have had wonderful teachers and found the school administration to be responsive and helpful.

Posted May 01, 2014
I love this school and feel it is a great fit for my children and our family. The principal and staff are nice and easy to work with. I would like to even more parents get involved.

Posted May 01, 2014
My daughter is in first grade in the two-way dual language program. She loves her school and I have been very impressed with her teachers. And she's already reading is Spanish! There's also lots of great after school activities. This year she participated in a production of the Wizard of Oz, Math Pentathlon, and Mad Science. The PTA is strong and works hard to support the school. And the principal has been at the school for at least 12 years, has 2 daughters that attend the school, is extremely approachable and committed to this school. Plus we can ride our bikes to school!

Posted March 09, 2012
My daughter is in 1st grade at SVE, and it has been a wonderful experience. She is in the dual language program and we have been very impressed with the program and the school. From the principal, the teachers, counselor to houskeeping there is a strong sense of community and dedication to the students. I feel that my participation and involvement in my child education is welcome and encouraged. And I really appreciate that!

Posted March 08, 2012
I take my kids across town to attend this school. It is a great school!

Posted February 16, 2011
I made one phone call to their main office after being notifiied by the main AISD office that Sunset Valley Elementary School is the one they are suppose to be attending. An administrator called me back like with 5 minutes from my message leaving. Went to the school and all I can say is WOW. I'm so ready to be a proud parent of this school. Yay! Yay! for my children is all I can say! :)

Posted June 19, 2010
Great teachers, office staff and administration. All are helpful and want to keep parents informed and involved. This school has gone above and beyond to help my child develop both academically and emotionally. She is doing MUCH better now that she has a caring team of professionals to meet her needs. I wouldn't think of taking her a different school!

Sunset Valley Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
I love helping Sunset Valley elementary because of its ethnic makeup. They are making great strides at our school...every year the education gets better.

Sunset Valley Elementary School
3000 Jones Rd, Austin, TX  78745
Last modified Sunset Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunset Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.