Posted September 06, 2011
I don't know what Travis was like in 2005 but it sure seems that it has changed. I'm a freshman at Travis, and I actually really like it! It is not ghetto at all. I was actually afraid it was going to be a bad school, but it is not at all. Also, meeting new people is so easy! I love it there! The teachers really do try to talk to parents, and theyn really care about the students! Once a rebel? ALWAYS A REBEL ! :D

Posted July 13, 2010
It's sad to see that Travis has a three, I currently attend this school and i have for the last two years I can honestly say this school has brought out the best in me, for the first time in so many years I'm on the first Honor Roll and I actually look forward to going to school. I even got a transfer so I didn't have to go to a different school. I'm Proud to say I'm a REBEL(:

Posted October 04, 2009
I appreciate the way that the separate academies allow the students to focus on the things that interest them.

Posted March 17, 2009
As a freshman student here in Travis, I think its a very very good school. I love it. The teachers cared about us. There's a lot of after school programs that I can go to. The teachers are really nice too because they give individuals attention.

Posted June 24, 2008
Well my child will be graduate in 2009, not so bad school, it's what u make of it!!! Every school has its problems, it all depends on the indivual(student)!!! Go Rebels so keep sending me newsletters!!! Very envolved parents

Posted October 20, 2007
There are amazing teachers there and a lot of things to do after school. There are some teachers who dont really care or help you. But there are those that care about you and want you to be anything, there are those that are so nice and inspire you, and dont let you put yourself down, and are there to talk to and even get tutoring. It isnt a very diverse school, and there are a lot of bad kids, but to be honest, its a high school, and nothing is perfect. The teachers are my facvourite part of Travis, and its no ones fault that there are unmotivated students there. And I feel that its only improving ever since we got a principal that really is trying to change things.

Travis High School 2

Posted October 20, 2007
I would not recommend this to any parent who want a good education for their children. To be able to succeed in life schools need to be consistent across the board with education - that is not the case at this school - the bar is lowered very low to accomoodate all. Biggest mistake we ever made was transfering our kid to this school. This was in 2005

Travis High School 3

Posted June 03, 2006
- a former student

Travis High School 1

Posted October 13, 2005

Travis High School 3

Posted October 10, 2005
- a staff
There is not sufficient parent involement at this school. The teachers are for the most part quality educators. There are a majority of teachers that do not follow instructions, do not know how to spell, do not return phone calls and are arguementative and rude.

Travis High School
1211 East Oltorf Street, Austin, TX  78704
Last modified Travis High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Travis High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top