Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Forest North Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 27, 2016
Forest North honors a handful of students each month with their Eagle Pride awards. The student is invited to the principal’s office where they call the parents together so the principal can share the child’s accomplishments. The main focus for the Eagle Pride award is to influence kids to develop into honest, fair young adults with integrity. It’s an awesome program & the school proudly displays their Eagle Pride awardees in the hallways.

Posted April 27, 2016
Our youngest daughter is finishing up her 3rd year here this semester & our middle daughter was here for 4th & 5th grade (currently at DMS). We have had nothing but incredible experience after incredible experience with the entire faculty at Forest North. The ladies at the front are always friendly & helpful. Mrs. Decker, the assistant principal, is so hands on with the students, she takes the time to share all of her students' accomplishments & celebrate them. She even called us personally when there were concerns that arose after our 1st year there. The classroom teacher called a small faculty conference when she saw signs that our youngest may have dyslexia. Mrs. Decker took the time to call & go over everything discussed & answer all of my questions; she then promptly started the process to have her evaluated. Turned out she has fairly severe dyslexia & the school has gone above and beyond to support her. Every classroom teacher has been exceptional, they care so much for their students. We love this school and all of the people there, thank you for being such great role models for our kiddos!

Posted September 15, 2014
My son has attended Forest North for the last three years and have had a great experience. All his teachers have been super sweet and very helpful. He likes school and all the after school programs that are offered like Yoga Club, Music club etc. The playground is a little dated but that just makes for tougher kids + a bond was passed recently to get that equipment updated.

Posted June 02, 2014
I have no idea why a parent would feel that the teachers at FNE don't care about their students. I have never met such a dedicated, hard-working bunch of individuals. Ms. Jacobs, the principle, is wonderful as are the overwhelming majority of the staff. My daughter moved here from out of state and had never experienced one incident of bullying. The only thing I would like to see is more parent involvement and support. We love Forest North!

Forest North Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2014
The teachers don't care about the students. The issue with "bullying" is not taken serious, they allow other students to bully the kids. If you are Hispanic or Mexican or Indian, the staff will diminish you, unless you are white and from Texas. So sad that the people in this school think.

Forest North Elementary School 4

Posted April 09, 2014
This is a school with excellent leadership, staff, and teachers. This is our first year at Forest North. I understand the school has some negative reviews from the past to overcome, and test scores are not where they should be. That said, I have been nothing but pleased with the dedication of the teachers here. The principal and office staff are extremely open and friendly. There are plenty of extracurriculars for my kids to choose from. This school makes sure that bullying and judgement are not an issue amongst the students. Forest North Elementary is like the Little Engine that Could...determined to grow, excel, and overcome.

Posted January 27, 2014
FNE is a awesome school. My daughter had her best time in FNE. The teachers are so helpful and dedicated to the students. They have many extra curricular activities along with regular school curriculum. Enough homework is given. We loved sending our daughter to Forest North Elementary.No bullying and it is safe environment for kids.

Posted August 13, 2013
My daughter started attending Forest North in January, after our family moved here from Pennsylvania. I am very impressed with the dedication and effort of the teachers and staff to provide a fun, caring environment for their students. I am very pleased with Forest North.

Posted June 23, 2013
This school has truly become a delight! The building is old fashion, but that's fine in my book! The teachers and staff are always a great pleasure!! This school really does make you feel like your children are being properly cared for. The cliental at school is also something grand. Can't blame teachers when the cliental doesn't care! Really do love this school! Hope they add more extra activities for the kids to stay involved in!! Keep up the good work forest north!!

Forest North Elementary School 1

Posted April 16, 2013
I agree with the 2 only honest parents on here who talk about the bullying! It looks like to me that they probably have some staff members writing their own reviews to make this school look better than what it really is, as does alot of other businesses in Austin. I am going to just say that my daughter has never had a problem with another student until we moved here to this area. She has done fine this whole school year until now. A student threatened my daughter, and I took the situation to the principal. Apparently, nothing got resolved and the problem got worse. We come from a school system that took "bullying" very seriously, and enforced punishment which is something that Forest North needs to learn! The kid that wasn't even involved (but who told me what was going on) got poor and unprofessional treatment from her own teacher who put her down (belittled her) several times in 1 day, and made this little girl feel bad. I DO NOT recommend this school to ANY parent. Apparently, they don't take it serious when one kid challenges another to a fist fight! This is a situation that the cops will handle, and possibly an attorney! It's that serious! My kids teacher is amazing overall!

Forest North Elementary School
13414 Broadmeade Avenue, Austin, TX  78729
Last modified Forest North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.