Posted October 25, 2014
I took my kid out of this school cause i was so scared it would harm him badly as a person please do not send your kid her.

Posted October 19, 2014
GMS is an amazing school, and I love it. They're organised and always working hard. As a student, I can say that some of the teachers have bad days, and tend to show that with no hesitation, but at the end of the day... We've all learned. The hallways do get a bit hectic, as our schedules are all over the school. I now go to a different school, which is larger and has a lot more students, and I can say I am thankful for Grisham's size. It was easy to get from class to class if you used your time efficiently.

Posted August 05, 2014
This school has a non-existent dress code. Morals and values of the general student population are very low. Uninterested school officials don't seem to mind the foul language, inappropriate conduct, and inappropriate dress. Over-emphasis on sports achievements and under-emphasis on real academic achievements. Smart, creative, and non-cookie cutter children won't thrive in the culture created at this school. There is little interest to "think outside the box" from staff.

Posted April 30, 2014
Grisham middle school, Has been one great school for our daughters. It has the IB program and a small student body which means more time for each student and time for exploring each lesson....The students help one other and support each others goals.

Posted August 26, 2013
This School Is Not to much too hype over. Most of the teachers Honestly are one sided. To me this school was horrible just in every way possible. You'll see it when you're child gets Enrolled

Noel Grisham Middle School 4

Posted August 10, 2013
In the past year the new administration has strategized to make necessary changes in an attempt to attain a "recognized" status. As a parent, having met and spoken with the new principal and counselers there is a tremendous amount of motivation and forethought going into the future of success of the school. Of course, this is a school in transition. Time will tell.

Noel Grisham Middle School 2

Posted August 07, 2013
Unresponsive administration. Very bureaucratic. When they respond to parent concerns at all it is to claim there is nothing they can do, rather than to work on solutions to problems.

Noel Grisham Middle School 2

Posted November 29, 2012
The school is horrible with alot to do with the IB program that they are so proud of. The grade system is hard for the kids to understand. Very little feedback is given as to what is wrong with assignments, which don't count for grades. Many times an assignment will count for 2 or 3 separate grades, which may be half of the grades given for a grading cycle, and it makes it very hard to recover from a assignment that the student did poorly on. Many teachers seem to lack motivation and are not timely in posting grades or updating their calendars. No spelling or vocabulary in language arts, essays on math tests. Not enough time spent on core skills. A lot of time is spent working on projects at home that never count for a grade and receive little to no feedback about what needs improved. My son is an A student and in honors language arts and in accelerated math. When tested for tutoring placement for both was placed two grades lower than he is. I had suspected that both skills were below par and that confirmed it. The odd teacher that is engaged can't save a broken cirriculum. The new administation doesn't seem to be making meaningful changes.

Posted September 02, 2012
we transferred to this school from an Austin isd school because my child was being bullied real bad. i have had the best experience with this school so far. when my child has an issue i have found the teachers to be a great help. even though the school year has just started, from my experience of being there a few months of last school year i have a very positive feeling about the school year this year. so far so good!

Noel Grisham Middle School 4

Posted June 21, 2012
I've been slightly concerned by the influx of students, but I believe transfers have stopped for the coming year. That said, I'm glad this school is available to my kids and in our neighborhood. You can't blame the school for having to teach to a test mandated by the state. RRISD has been outspoken with their criticism (as have most school systems across the state) and only time will tell if these mandates are lifted. That said, I want my kids going to college and if they have to jump through hoops to get there I want teachers who are able to to make it happen. I think teachers have a good heart, but can feel very limited by the restraints placed upon them. Let's work on increasing our volunteer rate and taking an active role in our children's education so they can reap all the benefits this school has to offer. Teachers/admins can't do it alone, the community needs to come out. I think Grisham is doing the best with what they have and the band program is proof.

Noel Grisham Middle School
10805 School House Lane, Austin, TX  78750
Last modified Noel Grisham Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Noel Grisham Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top