Austin, TX

Posted May 14, 2015
Middle school years are challenging, and so far this school has been pretty responsive to helping my child. He does have some learning differences and the teachers and administration made informal and then formal (504) accommodations to help him succeed. In some cases communication could be better but online "Home Access" is helpful for seeing what is happening with grades. Teachers have been responsive to my request for communication and clarification and tutoring but with some I have to initiate and with others they contact me first. The music, art, theater programs are fantastic and really some of the best things going at Grisham. My child hasn't complained about bulling or serious problems and enjoys school. Besides the mandatory second language requirement I would like to see and understand more about the IB content and what exactly kids who qualify for gifted and talented are doing. I'm excited about the new maker space that is being set up and think that will be a big win for the school and the kids.

Posted March 03, 2015
This school is horrible it damaged by kids confidence. When we realized what was happening we moved him to private school and has a much better fit for him

Posted October 25, 2014
I took my kid out of this school cause i was so scared it would harm him badly as a person please do not send your kid her.

Noel Grisham Middle School 5

Posted October 19, 2014
GMS is an amazing school, and I love it. They're organised and always working hard. As a student, I can say that some of the teachers have bad days, and tend to show that with no hesitation, but at the end of the day... We've all learned. The hallways do get a bit hectic, as our schedules are all over the school. I now go to a different school, which is larger and has a lot more students, and I can say I am thankful for Grisham's size. It was easy to get from class to class if you used your time efficiently.

Posted August 05, 2014
This school has a non-existent dress code. Morals and values of the general student population are very low. Uninterested school officials don't seem to mind the foul language, inappropriate conduct, and inappropriate dress. Over-emphasis on sports achievements and under-emphasis on real academic achievements. Smart, creative, and non-cookie cutter children won't thrive in the culture created at this school. There is little interest to "think outside the box" from staff.

Noel Grisham Middle School 5

Posted April 30, 2014
Grisham middle school, Has been one great school for our daughters. It has the IB program and a small student body which means more time for each student and time for exploring each lesson....The students help one other and support each others goals.

Posted August 26, 2013
This School Is Not to much too hype over. Most of the teachers Honestly are one sided. To me this school was horrible just in every way possible. You'll see it when you're child gets Enrolled

Posted August 10, 2013
In the past year the new administration has strategized to make necessary changes in an attempt to attain a "recognized" status. As a parent, having met and spoken with the new principal and counselers there is a tremendous amount of motivation and forethought going into the future of success of the school. Of course, this is a school in transition. Time will tell.

Noel Grisham Middle School 2

Posted August 07, 2013
Unresponsive administration. Very bureaucratic. When they respond to parent concerns at all it is to claim there is nothing they can do, rather than to work on solutions to problems.

Posted July 20, 2013
This school has excellent teachers that excel in what they teach. They trust the students (though, due to recent changes in administration), and the students flourish through that. They have diverse course options.

Noel Grisham Middle School
10805 School House Lane, Austin, TX  78750
Last modified Noel Grisham Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Noel Grisham Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top