Bad
Good

Caraway has very caring teachers and has a new principal this year. I believe that Ms. Bailey will bring some structure to this school. My daughter has attended Caraway since 1st grade and she's a very fast learner so that does not concern me. What concerns me is that they are constantly trying to sell themselves to the parents. The parents who donate the $ and their children get most of the attention and special treatment while the children who have working parents remain un-noticed and un-recognized for their achievements. The school is over crowded at this point so there are way too much students per teacher. My daughter's teacher at the beginning of the year was switched at the last minute. The field trip (once a year maybe) is pretty lame - I think they went to a Westwood play? What happened to museums and parks?? Supposedly the harvest festival was a great success and all we can afford is a play within the Round Rock school district? I dunno. Seems weird to me. Also every event - performances and concerts - are very unorganized. The 3rd grade performance was pitiful. There was not even enough room on the risers for the 3rd graders! Wasn't this planned? Disappointed.

This is an excellent school where my 4th grader kid is enjoying his study,extra curricular activities etc etc. Kids,Parents,Teachers,Principal are all like a 5 out of 5 star ratings .

The best Elementary school in Austin! Caraway has a very hometown feel where everyone knows each other. The principal is outstanding. We moved to the area just for the schools and couldn't be happier. I have never experienced such parent involvement. Every child gets individualized attention and seems to enjoy being there. What a hidden treasure.

My grandson started at Caraway Elementary this last year (2013). He was recently diagnosed with mild autism and was non-verbal when he started school. In six months he has shown great verbal and behavioral improvement. His family is so pleased with his progress and he enjoys going to school and seeing his teacher and his friends. His progress at Caraway Elementary has given us all hope and encouragement for his future. We are very grateful to his teacher and the staff at Caraway Elementary.

Is the best elementary school in Austin Tx !!!!!, The Principal is so Wonderful plus is a joyous learning experience for the kids, everything is very organized and functions excellent!!

Great school! Great teachers, great students and great programs. My two kids in this school and their teachre are dedicated to teach in passion. And their friends are very nice to my kids, so my kids really want to go to school every time. They even count down to the school day in weekends. There are many and various programs, so my kids like to join those programs. The school makes students to be interested in the programs and most of them are educational and joyful.

I agree with the former RRISD teacher below, my daughter has had two not-so-great teachers in a row. I feel like she's not well-prepared for middle school and am having to re-teach many concepts at home. Not what I expected for such a highly-rated school.

This school has disappointed me. As a highlight, the teachers are very caring and go well beyond to help students. The major con is that the vice-principle seems more interested in not marring the Caraway name instead of directly and appropriately dealing with real issues like bullying and pack-mentality.

As a former RRISD teacher, I thought Caraway would be the place to have my child. Was I ever wrong. My now middle schooler has no idea how the writing process works or how to problem solve. I had to teach and re-teach at home constantly. The school -in my opinion- does not earn its exemplary rating. It teaches to the standardized test(s) and has admin that knows how to "sell" to parents and higher admin. Very very disappointed with the overall experience.

Caraway has an experienced, capable, and caring staff at all levels. There is a kindness there that creates an atmosphere that makes my daughter feel comfortable. The principal know all the students and is very accessible. When I was making my decision on where my daughter would go to school the principal personally called me, left a message and her private cell phone number. From classroom to lunchroom to the pickup and drop-off process the school is a well oiled machine. Everything is planned down to the smallest detail; the students know what is expected of them at all times. Parental involvement is very high and enthusiastic. You will never feel out of the loop; communication between the school and parents and between teacher and parents occurs almost on a daily basis. I could not be more pleased that my daughter is attending Caraway.

Last modified Kathy Caraway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.