Posted May 10, 2014
We couldn't be happier with the teachers, administration, or the school environment. Our children receive a fantastic education in a caring, supportive environment that brings out their best.

Posted September 24, 2013
Excellent environment for my two kids; they are taught to question rather than just memorize. Teachers and administrators are very approachable.. and the principal, Ms. Kim, seems to know the name of every kid despite being her first month at the school. Parents are involved.. and they care. I was surprised that someone commented earlier that the parents were snobs--there may be clicks, but that's the same with all neighborhoods. However, I wouldn't look to the school to fill my social calendar--I'm just looking for the school to truly educate and prepare my kids. From this perspective, Spicewood truly excels.

Posted July 15, 2013
Is this school easy? No. Is every day Rainbows and ponies? No again. Do I compare my child out in social settings and see her light years ahead of other children her age from private schools? Yes. The parents that are involved do a great job here. Having a school in a golf course community helps because there is a lot of interaction among the neighborhood beyond the school if you wish. The school can be a little intimidating at first but once you grasp the interaction between teachers, administration, and parents it is a great environment. Is not what my elementary was but it will give my children the best opportunity to be successful and quite honestly could not be happier.

Posted May 29, 2013
My kids have been at Spicewood for 5 years now. We love it and we are crushed that Mrs. June is retiring. She not only knows each child by name but knows something about each one of them too. She has helped us so much in helping us figure out how to help our kids do their best. The teachers have been really creative and collaborative in helping us solve any issues. My kids are extremely happy at Spicewood.

Posted May 29, 2013
Negative experience all year long: un nurturing environemnt. The extra curricular are a joke, only opened to certain grades. Chess starts at 6.30 AM. The Spanish club is only for 5th graders. The majority of teachers are being moved grade regularly. This school si a very big disappointment compared to his old reputation. Parents are snobby and some come to school on their golf carts !!

Posted May 28, 2013
Horrible environment for younger children, very competitive and mean to the kids. Most teachers are new to the profession, at any age, and very limited in terms of knowledge of the IB. The Spanish teaching is every 6th school day for 20 min in English adn 20 min of numbers, colors and basic review over and over. The books they sent home to read with the kiddos are not even level appropriate. I would not recommend this school for anyone.

Posted May 28, 2013
If there was a ZERO star button, I would use it. We are so happy Ms. June is leaving. She is a mean, unethical, uncompassionate, old-school, very strict hypocritical, the worse Principal I have ever known. She bullied and ridiculed Kidnergarderners in front of me and did not listen to parents' comments. We are so glad she is leaving. This school has a loud reputation for nothing. We are very disappointing in the level of acadmics and the IB program (is a joke). We strongly do not recommend you to put your child there.

Posted July 24, 2012
My kids love going to Spicewood. Mrs. June is an amazing leader. She knows every child personally. All of my kids' teachers have been exceptional. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted May 27, 2011
This is one of the best schools in Round Rock / Austin area. I am impressed to see how my 1st grade child can read better than others in her level. I owe an appreciation to Mrs. Martinez, the class teacher, for it. My child continues building her self-confidence through the school's program. Mrs. Devine is the kindest counselor ever! She gave my child tickets for the spring carnival while I couldn t afford it. That one moment turned my little kid to be a sympathetic & compassionate human being. Unfortunately, Mrs. Devine is retiring and will not go back to the school next year. I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 16, 2011
Its a very very good school. I have two kids going to spicewood and I am I am very impressed seeing how much attention teachers pay to each kid. One of the best elementary school of Austin and Teaxs

Spicewood Elementary School
11601 Olson Drive, Austin, TX  78750
Last modified Spicewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spicewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top