Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school is amazing fun and cool. Good friends enough amount of homework . Lots of fun at P.E and Athletics and Band. I also play the alto saxophone and i will be moving on the 7th grade. Overall great school

I was a new student at cedar valley middle school this year for 8th grade, I had a new experience at a public school, this was probably one of the best years I have had. I was in band, (played alto saxophone) I was originally in concert band, but then I was able to move up a band!(symphonic band) it was a great environment with many nice people, and I enjoy all of my classes, (team 8-1) all of my teachers are so nice and show much respect towards their students, I've had a great time at this school, I've made great friendships and great projects, I hope I can experience the same thing in high school (I'm going to go to McNeil High school soon!)

Amount of homework: Disagree

I think cedar valley can give us more homework, because I believe that most students need more practice and understanding of what they are learning, others might say there is too much homework, but it really depends on what the teachers wants

Develops character: Strongly agree

All the teachers I've had this year have been so respectful and are willing to help the students to their best, I believe that they work so hard for us, and they deserve the credit

I don't care what other parents are saying, this school is about as fake as it gets. I put my children into private school to avoid this school because of all the stuff that I have heard families going through as their children attend Cedar Valley. A girl slammed a bag of books into my friend's daughter's head, which resulted into a massive concussion, and the school avoided the matter completely and even DEFENDED the girl/bully in order to keep their 5 star rating because apparently bullying is allowed, as long as it doesn't become public. My friend had to pay over $2000 in medical bills and even though she hired a lawyer, the school would not help or acknowledge the matter. The bully/girl's parent of course avoided the matter as well, so my friend had to pay the medical bills herself. This is absolutely inexcusable and the school should be put under investigation, not only because of this specific matter, but multiple other matters that I have heard of from multiple parents. The principal himself is an extreme dictator and I even went up to the school to talk to him about a few matters when deciding whether or not to enroll my kids in this school or private school, and he avoided all accusations and attempted to pull off the "everything is perfect here" attitude. I will not have a single part in this school and I continue to urge all the parents around the area to do the same.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There should not be summer homework allowed in a middle school setting. Save that for high school.

My child will be entering 8th grade this coming school year, 2015-16. The previous two years have been wonderful. She's had some marvelous teachers. One in particular was Ms. Julie Johnson. She is an exemplary teacher that goes above and beyond every day. Not only do her students learn a great deal but they enjoy what they are learning which can be difficult when it comes to math! Another superb teacher has been Ms. Kimberly Midkiff. Hands down she made Science cool again for my child. These are two of the best of the best!! Kudos go to Mr. Groff, as well. He's made the school pretty awesome! There's a great nurturing, supportive environment at Cedar Valley!! My emails have always been replied to promptly and I've always been greeted with smiles when visiting the school. An A+++ middle school in my book. Now can't wait for my second child to come here in another year!!

This school is just horrible. I can never get a hold of the staff or teachers. 7th grade teachers are incredibly rude and mean. Coaches only pick the same students for EVERY sport, which just so happens to be the same students they eat lunch with everyday... Assistant principle never returns your call. Kids are making out in hallways and cafeteria and no one says anything. Bullying is AWFUL at this school as well. Kids have an incredible amount of homework every single day. The office staff is very kind though. That's about it.

Mrs. Leslie Blanton is such an awesome teacher. She not only cares that her students learn, but also cares that they are taught good values and that she cares for them.

This school is great. However we had trouble with one sixth grade teacher not responding to email, not being responsible for grading of homework and lack of enthusiasm for teaching and only care about completing administartive activities and the minimal requirements for the job. All other staff, we had no issues.

Last modified Cedar Valley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.