Austin, TX
Students enrolled: 1,275

Posted August 27, 2015
I don't care what other parents are saying, this school is about as fake as it gets. I put my children into private school to avoid this school because of all the stuff that I have heard families going through as their children attend Cedar Valley. A girl slammed a bag of books into my friend's daughter's head, which resulted into a massive concussion, and the school avoided the matter completely and even DEFENDED the girl/bully in order to keep their 5 star rating because apparently bullying is allowed, as long as it doesn't become public. My friend had to pay over $2000 in medical bills and even though she hired a lawyer, the school would not help or acknowledge the matter. The bully/girl's parent of course avoided the matter as well, so my friend had to pay the medical bills herself. This is absolutely inexcusable and the school should be put under investigation, not only because of this specific matter, but multiple other matters that I have heard of from multiple parents. The principal himself is an extreme dictator and I even went up to the school to talk to him about a few matters when deciding whether or not to enroll my kids in this school or private school, and he avoided all accusations and attempted to pull off the "everything is perfect here" attitude. I will not have a single part in this school and I continue to urge all the parents around the area to do the same.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 27, 2015
There should not be summer homework allowed in a middle school setting. Save that for high school.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 27, 2015
The only determination Cedar Valley develops is consistently keeping up of its fake image, while it proudly instills in its students.

Posted June 27, 2015
My child will be entering 8th grade this coming school year, 2015-16. The previous two years have been wonderful. She's had some marvelous teachers. One in particular was Ms. Julie Johnson. She is an exemplary teacher that goes above and beyond every day. Not only do her students learn a great deal but they enjoy what they are learning which can be difficult when it comes to math! Another superb teacher has been Ms. Kimberly Midkiff. Hands down she made Science cool again for my child. These are two of the best of the best!! Kudos go to Mr. Groff, as well. He's made the school pretty awesome! There's a great nurturing, supportive environment at Cedar Valley!! My emails have always been replied to promptly and I've always been greeted with smiles when visiting the school. An A+++ middle school in my book. Now can't wait for my second child to come here in another year!!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 19, 2015
The support staff and teachers went the extra mile to ensure my daughter was successful.

Posted February 26, 2015
This school is just horrible. I can never get a hold of the staff or teachers. 7th grade teachers are incredibly rude and mean. Coaches only pick the same students for EVERY sport, which just so happens to be the same students they eat lunch with everyday... Assistant principle never returns your call. Kids are making out in hallways and cafeteria and no one says anything. Bullying is AWFUL at this school as well. Kids have an incredible amount of homework every single day. The office staff is very kind though. That's about it.

Posted April 30, 2013
Mrs. Leslie Blanton is such an awesome teacher. She not only cares that her students learn, but also cares that they are taught good values and that she cares for them.

Cedar Valley Middle School 4

Posted February 24, 2012
This school is great. However we had trouble with one sixth grade teacher not responding to email, not being responsible for grading of homework and lack of enthusiasm for teaching and only care about completing administartive activities and the minimal requirements for the job. All other staff, we had no issues.

Posted December 09, 2010
One of the worst school in Round Rock TX. Teachers are narcissistic and insensitive about their students.

Posted June 29, 2010
Cedar Valley has been one of the best schools I've ever encountered. The teachers are wonderful and have a true spirit of higher learning. We moved to this area just for the school system and haven't been disappointed yet!!! The curriculum is challenging, the environment is positive, and the teachers are tuned in to their school. Thanks to all the teachers there--you are truly appreciated!!!

8139 Racine Trail, Austin, TX  78717
Last modified Cedar Valley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Valley Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top