Bad
Good

My child went briefly and had an awful experience. He is a struggling learner and Purple Sage dismissed my concerns from the start. He cried every day and begged not to go. He acted out and never did that before starting school there. Finally, the principal reported me to CPS, which was an unfounded allegation. The teacher accused me of drugging my child. They told me they did not have the resources to help my child. The superintendent promised someone would contact me regarding my complaint and I never heard back. Please beware. If your child has special needs, if you are a minority or otherwise undesirable, you will not have a good experience.

We love this school! My kids have been there for the past three years. We really like the Dual language program, the small class sizes and the genuine care the teachers and staff show for the students. The new principal, Mrs. Nelson, has a great vision for the school for the next few years and we are excited to continue at Purple Sage!

My children went to Purple Sage when we moved back from Lubbock in the mid-80s. I volunteered during my military convalescence and was struck by the personal commitment of the teachers and their associated staff. I've been associated with the school as a volunteer tutor since 2005. This school has gotten better every year. The best is this year, with Dr. Arnoldo Barrera as principal.

I was a bit concerned that PS wouldn't be as good as Spicewood, but boy was I wrong. Class sizes are smaller and my kiddos get extra hands-on attention. I'm so happy my kids are going to a smaller school.

"Recognized" status and moving up! This smaller sized school offers great student/teacher ratios, experienced teachers, and a true sense of community. PS gives both of my children the individualized education that they require. The art, music and TAG teachers are exceptional and the dual language program is a fantastic opportunity for both native Spanish and English speakers and a good alternative to the AP campuses in the district. The middle school and high school (one of the best rated in the nation) are in close proximity, making it convenient for a large family.

My son has gone to Purple Sage for almost 2 years now, kindergarten and 1st grade. I am shocked at how the teachers and administrators quit on a student that is having a hard time. We have done everything that they asked us to do, and they have done nothing that has been asked of them. I am appalled at the lack of communication and lackadaisical attitude of the teachers at this school. I would recommend finding a school with teachers and administrators that actually care about the kids that they are in charge of. I gave them a one rating only because it would not let me give them a lower score.

Our daughter has thrived here for the past two years. We are especially happy for the dual-language program that started this year. The school as a whole has a very safe community feel to it. Teachers and office staff know all of the students, and if there's a problem, they deal with it in a proactive, respectful way. I think they have one of the best music teachers in the district, too. We're amazed with our daughter's love and knowledge of music from school.

excellent school. wonderful teachers and very helpful staff members. This is a wonderful school and I just hope that the school distrect we are now moving to is aleast half the school Purple Sage is.

We have one child who's about to graduate to middle school and one in 2nd grade. As others have said, the rating do not do this school justice. The teachers at PSE care a great deal about their students and their success. The classes are smaller and the overall school size is smaller so students get much more attention than they would at other schools. The ESOL has pros and cons but it allows students to understand the concept of diversity and the opportunities and challenges that exist in the real world - something we thing is important. We love the 'specials' programs: Art, PE and Music, that our kids get to enjoy and that continues into middle school. Although PSE may not be the newest, biggest or fanciest school in the area or district, it is filled with commitment and focus on the kids and that's what matters most.

We just moved to a school that was highly rated (9-10) and are soooo much happier at Purple Sage. My kids are in 2nd and 5th grade. At the other school all I heard about was their weaknesses with little attention paid to their strengths. Here their strengths are nurtured and there is a whole different 'caught you being good' atmosphere that has helped my kids be relaxed, happy and enthusastic about learning that wasn't quite there with the previous school. Don't just go be ratings - look at what the parents are saying too.

Last modified Purple Sage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.