Posted July 23, 2014
I love the community feel of Pond Springs. Students live nearby and families often do things together outside of school. The faculty and staff are committed to providing a positive atmosphere.

Posted June 02, 2014
This is a fantastic school! The teachers work hard and are very caring. I wish more parents would be involved in the PTA. It seems to be the same ladies every year. They do a great job! I just wish more parents would step up and help out.

Posted November 02, 2013
Hi What a wonderful event I attended on October 26 at your school! I come from CANADA and visiting my 2 year old grandson Lucas who lives across the street from the school. Hopefully he will attend your school in a couple of years. I am a teacher myself of special needs kids and I never attended such a spectacular event that everyone could easily participate....not one thing was missing!! YOU SHOULD BE PROUD.I know it took a team to organize this. Suzanne Fortin Ontario Canada

Posted October 24, 2013
Pond Springs Elementary is a great school that welcomes all students and helps them succeed. It has many great events throughout the year for families to participate in.

Posted September 12, 2013
I give PSE 5 stars without reservation. I have 3 children there currently, and I find the majority of teachers there to be extremely caring and dedicated. I am glad there have been some recent administrative changes, but I never had a personal issue in the past. I just cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff, and their dedication to students' success (including the specials teachers). In particular, Ms. Jones (1st) and Ms. Kerley (kinder) are absolutely fantastic instructors. We have a really active, involved, and supportive PTA as well. I am very happy to have my children at Pond Springs.

Posted May 09, 2013
We relocated from out of state to this neighborhood and this school and it has been wonderful. Both of my children have special needs and other than giving me a hard time and not fully believing me when we first transferred in (i.e. not taking the old schools word for it and having to wait a semester to prove to them he needed services), our experience here has been fabulous. The teachers they've had have been very encouraging and patient and the resource teachers truly want your child to succeed and will try many strategies to help get them there. I feel like they are also very academically challenged and the Friday enrichment program has been a great addition. We may have to move again and this is the biggest thing I will miss from our area. Helpful, caring, accommodating and academically strong.

Pond Springs Elementary School 2

Posted September 25, 2012
There are cultural diversity and discrimination issues. How come staffs who are working for children keep that kinds of attitudes!!

Posted August 05, 2012
The academics here are good. Some of the teachers go through great measures to in sure that your child is progressing. On the other hand the teachers that are less sufficient have very bad attitudes. The assistant principal is very ill mannered and talks down to parents. The principal does nothing to correct the bad attitudes of the staff and is not concerned with students on a one to one basis. Her only concern is how the school looks as a whole. The school does not offer much in the realm of cultural diversity and discrimination intolerance. The principal has told me that she herself is uncomfortable dealing with those issues. Its a nice school but stuck in a 1950's mindset and needs to catch up to the 21st century. Oh and it wouldn't hurt if some of the staff stopped frowning and smiled from time to time.

Posted January 24, 2012
Disappointed. This is a very challenging school where calm and complacent children can learn very well. They are doing very well with Texas standardized testing, which is what the exemplary rating is based upon. However, nurturing it is not. If you have a young child who is more expressive and creative, it's been our experience that these children are considered disruptive. Even in Kindergarten, these children's parents are pressured to medicate their "hyper" child. It took me a few months of birthday parties to learn that almost every boy in our Kinder class was medicated already. In addition, I've felt that because I haven't allowed them to pressure me into doping my 5 yr old, they want to basically get rid of us. I've formally requested counseling, since if in fact my child is having issues, that would seem logical first step. But my request was ignored. I can also back up what the 6/30/11 reviewer says about the rude way the staff treats those parents that aren't their buddies. So, just average.

Posted May 27, 2011
My son went to pre-k at this school. Both of the pre-K teachers are amazing- the best teachers I've ever dealt with, and I have a 10 year old also. Most of the other teachers are very friendly as well. My only issues with this school are the parking/dropping of system (horrible) and the assistant principal. She is the rudest person I have ever dealt with at a school. When she called me on the phone for issues with my 4 year old, she talked down to me and I have witnessed her yelling at other pre-k children. If your child attends this school, watch out for her. She should not be dealing with children that's for sure.

Pond Springs Elementary School
7825 Elkhorn Mountain Trail, Austin, TX  78729
Last modified Pond Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pond Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top