Posted September 18, 2014
I was a student there years ago and its a great school i recommend sending your kid there

Posted October 25, 2013
This is truly a one-of-a-kind school. Parents are very involved and the teachers are excellent. Academics are an emphasis but so are programs like music, art, and PE. My son loves every part of it and has enjoyed going to school for the last few years. It is also very ethnically diverse which is a huge plus when we were choosing neighborhoods/schools. Not only that, but they also have a variety of programs to celebrate diversity in the school. We have been very pleased with Canyon Creek!

Posted July 08, 2012
This is one of the very best elementary schools in Austin! The class sizes are small (16-18 students) and the teachers even have TA's! We chose to live in this neighborhood simply because this school is so stellar. It actually feels like a private school and I'm so glad my children will benefit from quality education and excellent extracurriculars.

Posted January 01, 2012
We chose the neighborhood because of Canyon Creek Elementary and are incredibly pleased with our decision. The school is in the middle of the neighborhood and walking distance for all children. The teaching staff is spectacular. Each and every teacher provide special care and attention to each child. The extracurriculars of music, PE & Spanish classes are a plus. Highly recommend this school.

Canyon Creek Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
offers many programmes and opprtunity for kids and parents. For e.g. enrichment progaramme. Teachers are very sincere and hard working. Put lot of efforts in keeping school standard high. Staff is very helpful and ready to help at any time. People who volunteer for PTA, work hard to keep school appearance. This year school started the New programme for K.G. called PUP. Each 3rd grader would lead assigned kindergartner to related parent for three weeks. I thing it's a very good progaramme that teaches kids some responsibily to handle younger kids. Inroduction of W.A.T.C.H dogs is a very interesting concept where fathers are responsible to watch schoolkids behavior during given days.

Posted March 21, 2009
We love it here at CCE with 3 children enrolled. Teachers here go the extra mile to meet the needs of students. I've seen kindergarten teachers offer tutoring sessions for reading and 4th grade teachers offer help in writing after school. The art, music and P.E. programs are phenomenal. Each grade puts on a musical every year, outstanding artwork decorates the walls of the school and PE performance night is a chance for kids to show off athletic skills. One child of mine is in the gifted program and benefits from an academically advanced curriculum. My other two are flourishing under the instruction of very dedicated teachers. Parental involvement is highly encouraged and the streets are lined with cars for every event. The principal and counselor spend hours over the summer to accommodate parental requests for teachers/classes. A wonderful neighborhood makes for an even more wonderful neighborhood school.

Posted October 20, 2008
CCE offers prestigious programs and an excellent reputation. This school is very focused on its image and reputation. The school's focus on and concern for individual children are sacrificed for the school's image and scores. Overall, this school has a take-it-or-leave it attitude toward parents and children. This is not a public school where teachers and staff are willing to work with parents or children or go the extra mile to meet the needs of all children (those advanced or those behind). This school is more focused on excluding children from special programs than making sure children's needs are met. We had some great teachers at this school, but they were limited by the overall school culture and administration. The neighborhood and surrounding community are wonderful, though.

Posted August 15, 2008
Canyon Creek is a great school if your child fits into the 'mold' that the school expects. My oldest child does and is in the TAG program as well and excels. My middle child has struggled with reading and therefore does not fit the 'mold' as well. As long as your child is in the 'academic elite', everything will be fine. Otherwise expect your child to have some struggles and not to be treated as well as the 'academic elite.' Parent involvement is great and is expected. I have a younger child at home and therefore can not volunteer as much as I would like. I feel that because of this, sometimes my children are treated unfairly compared to the children whose mother's can volunteer quite frequently. My two children should not have to suffer because of this and I feel this is very unfortunate.

Posted September 06, 2007
Our son has been going to Canyon Creek Elementary since Grade 2. Most of the teachers are great including some of the TAG teachers. However there are some teachers who do not live upto the mark and do not push for academic excellence. The curriculum could be more rigorous especially for kids who are ready to take more challenge. Overall a good school.

Posted September 10, 2006
We moved to this neighborhood for the schools. And Canyon Creek has lived up to our expectations and beyond. The Teacher and staff are great, not to mention Music, Art and PE. Top Rate****School. I can't imagine them going anywhere else....I'm thankful to be a part and to be with other parents who care about their Childrens education.

Canyon Creek Elementary School
10210 Ember Glen Drive, Austin, TX  78726
Last modified Canyon Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canyon Creek Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top