Austin, TX

Posted June 27, 2011
My two nephews attend Zavala and I am very pleased with the education that they are receiving. My family has attended Zavala for over 40 years. They are a recognized school now and I since the new principal Mr. Fox has been there I have noticed my nephews succedd in their schoolwork. They are very happy now and are learning a lot since there is a lot less bullying going on. I was not sure if I was going to send my kids there, but now I am sure.

Posted July 30, 2008

Posted November 27, 2007

Zavala Elementary School 4

Posted March 11, 2007
The Zavala faculty treats one another like family. The teachers are very friendly and at most grades work collaboratively with each another. The principal is an advocate for children and treats teachers with respect. The neighborhood is tough and some of the children have consistent behavior problems that are not always met with tough consequences. The parent involvement is on a sharp decline and the school has been so focused on raising TAKS scores that this problem has been put on the back burner. TAKS scores can be very misleading when evaluating schools. Zavala is an acceptable school according to TAKS results, but when you dig a little deeper you will find dedicated and loving teachers that get through to the majority of the children. I think overall Zavala is a very good school.

Posted August 30, 2005
- a staff

Zavala Elementary School
310 Robert Martinez Junior Street, Austin, TX  78702
Last modified Zavala Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Zavala Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top