Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I would not recommend this school. My kids went to another school and the staff where caring and very professional. This school there was bullies and my child had to deal with that. The staff and students are extremely competitive but not in a good way. We have not had good experiences here. It was pretty rough. Grades and competition was far important than anything else.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My son had some situations where there was bullying. I was never notified or my son had to deal with it himself. Other schools handle bullying a lot better! Counselor would get involved, apologies where said. This school does not!

One of the best public elementary schools in Austin. The school is very competitive and I feel my kid get the best of the knowledge

Develops character: Strongly agree

Our campus is a community raising a generation of kids that care about others and love to learn.

We are so very thankful to have ended up at Davis!! The administration is working so very hard to add Project Based Learning to all grade levels. The principal wants our kids to be able to learn from experience and hands on lessons. The parent community is highly involved and cares about all the students. Many of the teachers are working hard to change the way they teach to engage our kids in an 21st century way with technology and creativity. My only hope is that the few teachers that are stuck in their old ways would move on or change the way they view education.

Both of our children have been at the school for almost their entire elementary experience and we have absolutely loved it! All schools have challenges, but the response of the teachers, and specifically the principal and vice principal to address concerns and pursue excellence, make this school great. Of course, without parent involvement, no school will thrive, and Davis parents have been incredible. We feel truly blessed to be a part of this community.

Some of the teachers at Davis are great. Others are bullies who only care about the students who have the highest grades and will shame those who don't in from of the class. When brought to the principals attention no action was taken.

My son went to Kindergarten in Davis for 2014-2015 year for few months and then we had to move. He now goes to a different school. However, we were very satisfied with the class, curriculum taught and the teacher. His teacher was Mr. Moreno. He would select materials for my son according to his capacity and send home works for his level. My son enjoyed his time in Davis a lot and learned a lot too. He took a big leap in his reading skills. Thank you for all your hard work, Mr. Moreno.

I love having my children at Davis. I have a kindergarten student and a 3rd grader and this is there second year attending. I love the parent involvement, the lesson plans, and how the teachers go above and beyond to keep the students engaged. Very good school!

Very good school! The staff is extremely pleasant and eager to answer questions and fulfill the help you need. School has a very close community and very relaxed vibe. Highly recommend this school!

Last modified Davis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.