Bad
Good

Langford Elementary School 5

Posted September 10, 2013
This is a great school. I have three children who currently attend Langford. The teachers are always helpful and dedicated. I appreciate the after school A.C.E stars program that is available. All in all, I am thankful for the progress my children have made.

Langford Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2013
i feel the teachers are great teachers at Langford . Teachers are on above the call of their duties as teachers .

Posted September 27, 2009
I went to Langford when i was a child K-5th grade and now my daughter attends the same school. To me i think Langford is a good school and i feel more connected with the school. My daughter loves her school and the teachers are great. I still see some of my old teachers there and now they are teaching my daughter- a great feeling. Go Leopards!!!

Posted March 03, 2009
I submitted the glowing review of Langford back in 2004 but since then it has gone downhill and fast. There is a high turnover of teachers since new administration took over a few years ago and many unhappy parents. It is no longer as safe as it used to be and the warmth and sense of community it had before is lacking. The few good teachers are looking for transfers elsewhere. Positive and strong leadership is needed. This is a tough school- and unfortunately it is lacking in much.

Posted February 26, 2009
My son attended first grade here and there was no way that I would allow him to continue another year here. I was upset to hear that I would not be 'allowed' to eat breakfast with my son or even go into the cafeteria at all in the morning. I understand that a lot of that was due to the overcrowding but I did not appreciate being told that I needed to leave while I'm in the breakfast line with my son. I am very involved in my children's school doings and I don't like that the school doesn't encourage this as much with parents. I did, however, appreciate the Pre - Preschool class that they offered for my daughter once a week at this school. Which is why I gave them 2 stars.

Posted January 03, 2008
Our son loves Langford, he is in 3th. I hope all school are like this one.

Posted November 07, 2006
I am really unhappy with the quality of education my daughter receives here. There have been instances where my child's feelings were not respected. There is also the expectation that my 6 year old can bring home important school information without any notes. My family is not hispanic and therefore in the minority. It's hard for her to make friends and no effort is spent when she is bullied. I am not impressed with Langford.

Posted February 26, 2006
there is little to no involvement in the PTA. school is very unorganized when it comes to field trips and activities. little to no funding available for school extras. no school buses.

Langford Elementary School 3

Posted February 13, 2006
My child is attending K at Langford and I am pleased for the most part. The negative aspects of Langford include the fact that it is such a large school and it is difficult to get one-on-one attention. I think that this is being addressed by the building of a new school in the area. Langford has a good PTA and the school does a very good job of getting people to the mettings, although not many parents actually participate. The school seems to do a pretty good job of keeping parents informed of what is going on through notices being sent home. The school seems organized and runs smoothly.

Langford Elementary School 4

Posted October 06, 2005
I did not see or encounter any activities with the principal,but the interaction with the teacher to student & student to student was something to 'AH' for. I enjoyed seeing the excitement from the children,when they were doing their activities through out the day. I loved the fact of the teachers having the students come in class early to calm down to quiet. I loved the fact that the school did the pledge of allegiance,had a school song,mascot,and school colors. It was as if it was a family. I have heard that there are better schools,because they receive money, but this school has it made compared to schools in the bay area. I visited this school in 2005 of April, while my son was in the third grade. He is in the fourth now,and trying to adjust to a fourth grade habit. It reminded me of when I was little.

2206 Blue Meadow Drive, Austin, TX  78744
Last modified Langford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Langford Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top