Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Develops respect: Agree

Posted May 23, 2016
I witnessed good behavior by students recently at a performance and luncheon. Their teachers were fair and clear in communication and the young students followed instructions easily. The principal appears to be a fine man, doing a fine job.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted February 06, 2016
Thanks Lourdes and Bardo for making sure the school is always so clean. We really appreciate it.

Posted February 06, 2016
Why do I feel like this school deserves a 5 star? Here's a story: I am sitting in my living room playing my guitar when my son, from across the room and staring into his phone, comments that the G string is a bit sharp. He developed that ear from the bailey band program. Oh... they always score past the star on the big test. If you have seen that test report you know will know what I mean. I attended an eighth grade graduation ceremony last year and was very impressed with the cohesiveness of the student body. All the students who won awards received loud cheers....all of them. It was nice. I volunteer very often and an on campus more that 10 times a month. I have never seen any ugly behavior between the students. Here is another interesting fact, The new Choir teacher was a Bailey student herself 10 years ago. She came back to develop the program. Send your student here with confidence.

Posted February 03, 2016
The basketball coaches have really helped my son progress. He loves being on the team.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 03, 2016
Thank you for letting my student test up to advanced math. He felt very good about taking control of his academics.

Posted January 13, 2016
John Rocha, the new principal, has been in place for two years now and he's been great. He is turning everything back into the positive, and working diligently with the teachers and staff to continue competitive education at Bailey. I would encourage all parents to truly look at Bailey because it does offer the same competitive classes that magnet schools offer. My son is doing the same upper level algebra at Bailey that they are doing at other schools, and this is just one example of the classes he's taking. Did you know that Bailey has a robotics class? Did you know that they are working towards even more tech classes for the students? Be sure to check out all of the classes offered at Bailey because there are many, and they are working on more to come! The teachers at Bailey are wonderful, hard-working, and truly are teaching our students. My son has learned a lot from them, and my daughter will be there soon. Bailey also offers fun community events that no other school offers! This past October we had a pep rally with a bonfire. The kids, staff, and community as a whole loved the event and are looking forward to more in the future. We have strong athletics, drama, orchestra, band and so much more! Bailey is also situated in a "country-like" setting and is across the street from a natural cave. There is only one main road by by the school which is a huge bonus to me since it allows the students to be in a more secure environment without traffic racing from all directions. The beauty is that you can drop your kids off and see a herd of deer along the way. Bailey has a hard-working PTA that is actively involved with bettering the school. Did you know Bailey has a beautification program through the PTA that is working hard to ensure our campus looks great? The beautification chair has also worked with local scouts to add aesthetically pleasing items such as a gazebo. This is one of the many programs the PTA provides. I highly encourage you to check out your local school, Bailey, before venturing to other ones outside of your area. Bailey has a lot to offer and is right at your backdoor.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted January 13, 2016
Thanks for all of the teachers and staff for working so hard for our students.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 16, 2015
Mrs. Baker, Thank you for doing so much with the drama classes and department. You are an amazing teacher, and Bailey is so lucky to have you!

Posted November 16, 2015
Amazing school! The new principal has really turned things around. I was disappointed when my child did not want to go to one of the magnet schools because she wanted to be with her friends. However she is being very challenged in her advanced math and pre-ap classes. Socially it has been the best of both worlds for her because not only does she have all of her great friends from elementary, but she has also made so many new friends. The drama teacher is a bright spot at the school, just an amazing teacher. They also have a new dance teacher who used to run Bowie's Silver Stars, and my daughter loves taking dance with all of her friends instead of normal PE. Bailey has strong parent participation now and is a true community. Amazing that a new principal can make such a huge difference!

Posted March 06, 2015
This is an excellent middle school made only better by a new principal. We have perhaps the best middle school band, an excellent football team, a progressive environmental science program and some top notch skateboarders. I could send send my kids to private school and they could easily qualify for the magnet programs. We also own a house in Circle C and could attend Gorzycki. We believe Bailey to be the best choice and my students like it.

4020 Lost Oasis Hollow, Austin, TX  78739
Last modified Bailey Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.