Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Why do I feel like this school deserves a 5 star? Here's a story: I am sitting in my living room playing my guitar when my son, from across the room and staring into his phone, comments that the G string is a bit sharp. He developed that ear from the bailey band program. Oh... they always score past the star on the big test. If you have seen that test report you know will know what I mean. I attended an eighth grade graduation ceremony last year and was very impressed with the cohesiveness of the student body. All the students who won awards received loud cheers....all of them. It was nice. I volunteer very often and an on campus more that 10 times a month. I have never seen any ugly behavior between the students. Here is another interesting fact, The new Choir teacher was a Bailey student herself 10 years ago. She came back to develop the program. Send your student here with confidence.

The basketball coaches have really helped my son progress. He loves being on the team.

John Rocha, the new principal, has been in place for two years now and he's been great. He is turning everything back into the positive, and working diligently with the teachers and staff to continue competitive education at Bailey. I would encourage all parents to truly look at Bailey because it does offer the same competitive classes that magnet schools offer. My son is doing the same upper level algebra at Bailey that they are doing at other schools, and this is just one example of the classes he's taking. Did you know that Bailey has a robotics class? Did you know that they are working towards even more tech classes for the students? Be sure to check out all of the classes offered at Bailey because there are many, and they are working on more to come! The teachers at Bailey are wonderful, hard-working, and truly are teaching our students. My son has learned a lot from them, and my daughter will be there soon. Bailey also offers fun community events that no other school offers! This past October we had a pep rally with a bonfire. The kids, staff, and community as a whole loved the event and are looking forward to more in the future. We have strong athletics, drama, orchestra, band and so much more! Bailey is also situated in a "country-like" setting and is across the street from a natural cave. There is only one main road by by the school which is a huge bonus to me since it allows the students to be in a more secure environment without traffic racing from all directions. The beauty is that you can drop your kids off and see a herd of deer along the way. Bailey has a hard-working PTA that is actively involved with bettering the school. Did you know Bailey has a beautification program through the PTA that is working hard to ensure our campus looks great? The beautification chair has also worked with local scouts to add aesthetically pleasing items such as a gazebo. This is one of the many programs the PTA provides. I highly encourage you to check out your local school, Bailey, before venturing to other ones outside of your area. Bailey has a lot to offer and is right at your backdoor.

Amazing school! The new principal has really turned things around. I was disappointed when my child did not want to go to one of the magnet schools because she wanted to be with her friends. However she is being very challenged in her advanced math and pre-ap classes. Socially it has been the best of both worlds for her because not only does she have all of her great friends from elementary, but she has also made so many new friends. The drama teacher is a bright spot at the school, just an amazing teacher. They also have a new dance teacher who used to run Bowie's Silver Stars, and my daughter loves taking dance with all of her friends instead of normal PE. Bailey has strong parent participation now and is a true community. Amazing that a new principal can make such a huge difference!

This is an excellent middle school made only better by a new principal. We have perhaps the best middle school band, an excellent football team, a progressive environmental science program and some top notch skateboarders. I could send send my kids to private school and they could easily qualify for the magnet programs. We also own a house in Circle C and could attend Gorzycki. We believe Bailey to be the best choice and my students like it.

i concur with the last poster. I am relieved that the current principal is leaving after this year. She was unable to deal with the new school population (i.e. the influx of students from less desirable elementary campuses). Other middle schools have done a better job of integrating these students into their population. Good luck and good riddance!

My child moved to another school mid year. She was completely unprepared, even though she never had a grade below a B at Bailey. She also would come home with stories of kids getting bullied. I spoke to the administration, and was told that bullying did not happen at this school. I was told by other children that it was ignored, and even situations where bullied kids were shamed for going to the administration and tattling.

Outstanding school. Really prepares the kids for high school, and it's in a great neighborhood.

I am currently at LASA High School and I came in thinking I will understand most of the material. Surprisingly, most kids from kealing and fulmore knew exactly what to do on the first day, and I was left in the dust thinking to myself "What is going on". Classes are fast paced, and we cover a lot of material. Bailey was totally the contrary of LASA. This school didn't prepare me well for High School whatsoever.

I rate this school poorly because of the principal. She is manipulative, often absent from campus, gives poor direction to the staff and students and is willing to do anything to give herself a feather in her hat.

Last modified Bailey Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.