Bailey Middle School 3

Posted February 11, 2014
i concur with the last poster. I am relieved that the current principal is leaving after this year. She was unable to deal with the new school population (i.e. the influx of students from less desirable elementary campuses). Other middle schools have done a better job of integrating these students into their population. Good luck and good riddance!

Posted September 11, 2013
My child moved to another school mid year. She was completely unprepared, even though she never had a grade below a B at Bailey. She also would come home with stories of kids getting bullied. I spoke to the administration, and was told that bullying did not happen at this school. I was told by other children that it was ignored, and even situations where bullied kids were shamed for going to the administration and tattling.

Posted August 31, 2013
Outstanding school. Really prepares the kids for high school, and it's in a great neighborhood.

Bailey Middle School 2

Posted May 10, 2013
I am currently at LASA High School and I came in thinking I will understand most of the material. Surprisingly, most kids from kealing and fulmore knew exactly what to do on the first day, and I was left in the dust thinking to myself "What is going on". Classes are fast paced, and we cover a lot of material. Bailey was totally the contrary of LASA. This school didn't prepare me well for High School whatsoever.

Posted May 07, 2013
I rate this school poorly because of the principal. She is manipulative, often absent from campus, gives poor direction to the staff and students and is willing to do anything to give herself a feather in her hat.

Posted June 03, 2011
this is a great school. my friends went there and i did tooo so if you are looking for a middle school come here

Bailey Middle School 4

Posted September 15, 2010
Bailey MS is a good school, but it has undergone many changes in the past couple of years that have presented a number of changes. These include boundary changes, student population changes, large change from 1-parent working households to 2-parent working households. But through it all, the students (and thus the school) have continued to excel. The only major concern is the lackluster leadership from the school's principal. Success happens in spite of her efforts instead of because of them. Attention from the district on that issue could have a dramatic change of morale at the school.

Posted June 18, 2010
There are always going to be teachers or administrators that are not top-notch. Bailey is lucky to have a great principal that keeps the focus on student education. Teachers are great too, but with so many, there are bound to be a few that are a little below excellent. New teachers have to learn and practice. Complaining about dress-code enforement makes parents sound like children. The dress-code should be backed by every parent so as to help the staff focus on educationing the students. Bullying was dealt with quickly and effectively when my daughter was a victim. All I had to do was call the principal and she took care of it right away.

Posted June 15, 2010
I have written 2 prior reviews but despite following all the rules, this site has set for it's reviews, mine continue to be pulled down! Bailey middle school DOES NOT deserve the "9" rating it has on this site. My son attended 6th grade at Bailey and was bullied on a daily basis with no help from the staff in any way. The principal and assistant principlas are there only to tell the students what color of shoe laces and shirts they can wear. My son was hounded relentlessly. I would NOT recommend this school for a dog let alone a child!

Bailey Middle School 4

Posted May 11, 2010
My child really liked Bailey MS. BUT my child tells me of stupid dress code rules that seem to change at a whim. What color a kids shoe laces are seems a bit ridiculous to me. Banning certain colors of clothes really limits what they can wear. But my son really seemed to like the classes and teachers except for one downright mean English teacher in 7th grade...everyone we know who had her as a teacher disliked her, but of most concern was they really struggled to get decent grades in her class. I agree no one seems to like the Principle. Inconsistent rules and varying enforcement....

Bailey Middle School
4020 Lost Oasis Hollow, Austin, TX  78739
Last modified Bailey Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bailey Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top