Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

There's been a lack of communication. I feel this is due to the teachers not wanting to deal with yet another parent individually, perhaps because they maybe feel they are busy enough with their class and the parents they are friendlier with. A weekly update on how my kid was doing in class would have been nice. Then I think they are too distracted with their phones and computers during teaching classes. More parent -teacher communication would be nice and using there phones in class less would be an improvement.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The homework did seem boring and not challenging. I wanted the academics of this school to be excellent but I find it lacking.

First year we dealt with bullies to which the teachers response was not helpful nor understanding. I felt like my kids class was too easy. Teachers aren't teaching enough. There was little communication between the teacher and I and that was disappointing . My child would comment about how the teacher was constantly on her phone everyday, during class. Teachers shouldn't be surfing the net, texting while they should be teaching. I send my kid there to learn but so far I've not been impressed with the level of teaching at this school.

We moved to SW Austin just so our children could attend Patton. We've been Patton Pioneers for 6 years now and each year has consistently been great. The teachers are caring and attentive. Each one has demonstrated a truly maternal/paternal interest in my kids. Even when my eldest moved on to middle school (Small), previous teachers inquire about how she's doing and send love and well wishes. I can't speak highly enough of Patton and our positive experiences with it. Our second child has three more years there and I believe that we will continue to be just as delighted with it as we have been for the last six. Thank you to everyone at Patton, from the educators to the office staff, nurse, custodians, lunchroom staff, volunteers, you have ALL made my children's elementary school years an absolute pleasure!

My daughter is going to complete her 5th grade here in Patton. Its a great school. Excellent teachers, personal attention towards students, great cooperative staff. She enjoyed her school year . Being a parent, I am happy enough with my daughter's performance.

Truly exceptional administrative, teaching and support staff. Inspiring mix of children from all over the world enthusiastic about learning and becoming responsible adults. Beautiful family atmosphere with a strong sense of personal safety, active no-bullying policy and dignity-protecting disciplinary practices. The school counselor is super-experienced, the specials (PE, Art & Music) teachers are always enthusiastic, parent volunteers go beyond the call of duty and the "extras" the school provides in the learning environment is remarkable. My child has been here for some years, and I wouldn't have him in any other school. :-) Patton simply ROCKS!

Patton rocks.Teachers are so friendly and very cooperative.My daughter is in Patton for 2 years now and doing great in her academics.I just love this school.Students are well disciplined.

The care, love and superior teaching that goes on inside the Patton walls can't be beat. This school rocks.

We Love, Love, Love Patton! Our school has grown by 200 students this year and it seemed like a smooth tranistion. The teachers, staff and administration are wonderful and we look forward to more years of excellent education!

I love this school, the teachers are willing to help anyway they can and the staff is great.

Last modified Patton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.