Bad
Good

Posted October 06, 2015
Great Teachers! Great Atmosphere! Great School!!!! There are really good teaching styles!! The teachers make sure you know it before they move on! And they always offer tutoring if you need extra help! -Covington FFA student

Posted September 10, 2015
This school really takes care of it's students. They are expected to carry a planning "agenda" from class to class. It's a fine arts academy with many really strong fine arts classes.

Posted February 02, 2015
Mrs. Sellstrom has made some wonderful changes at Covington. My youngest child finishes up at Covington this year. My older son went to the school also. The Administration and Faculty are wonderful. I'm going to miss Covington!!!!

Posted January 09, 2015
What a great school, kids really seem to like the teachers and the programs offered at this school. Front office staff is always polite to me and seem to know there stuff. Teachers have been open to communication from me as a parent and have helped to get me books, forms and assistance when I have needed it. The male counselor is awesome

Posted September 18, 2014
I couldn't be happier with our choice to transfer to Covington; I almost regret we didn't come sooner. We've not experienced one real disappointment, from interactions with office staff, counselors, teachers, principal and vice-principals to feeling welcomed to participate as a parent volunteer as much as I like around the school. The teachers are still smiling at the end of the day - they want to be there! Email communication with any staff member is very effective. Walking the halls, the place feels bright, clean, well-orchestrated. The students seem happy to be there, the bands are amazing, the art produced is incredible, the theater productions fun. Even though I have one child who prefers math/science and another child strong in language/arts, there are so many engaging choices to try, for both stimulation needs!! I love Covington and am proud to have children there.

Posted May 29, 2014
Covington is a great school. The new principal and teachers have gone above and beyond to bring the year to a close in a positive way. The PTA has really changed and as has sponsored some new fun events and scheduled new programs for the school next year. My kids are sad they won't be there next year. Great learning atmosphere!

Covington Middle School 3

Posted May 06, 2014
This school has come a long way in recent years. It has suffered from bad attitudes and sluggishness; too many teachers and staff (not all) have minimized their personal accountability and have been cutting corners. Naturally, some of these characteristics have carried over to the students. However, there have been several retirements (at midterm-see what I mean-uncaring). Now there is a new, enthusiastic and caring principal that has already made noticeable improvements. The future is bright!

Covington Middle School 4

Posted September 17, 2013
Covington is an amazing school with dedicated teachers who incorporate the latest instructional practices and go above and beyond to meet their students' needs. I have never failed to be treated with courtesy and respect by them. The fine arts students produce some of the best quality plays, music, and visual art I've ever experienced at the middle school level! What a tribute to the Covingtons! The kids look great in their clothes, too. They adhere to the AISD dress code now. Finally, Covington serves a diverse student population, one that accurately reflects the racial makeup of Austin. What a beautiful rainbow!

Posted December 11, 2012
Over the last 8 years I had 3 children attend Covington and I saw how the teachers and principals created a school culture of creativity and caring. And then in my last 2 years I saw how the Fine Arts classes, especially Theater, exploded. I am so lucky my daughter had been a part of the Theater, Band, and Art classes at Covington. Also, I'm an academic intervention tutor who's worked with hundreds of students and attended parent teacher conferences at many different schools. In comparison, Covington teachers are the best; they understand what it is to differentiate instruction for students who have dyslexia and ADHD, plus they value students who come from different backgrounds and experiences. They possess a combination of high expectations and warmth that has helped my 2 dyslexic sons and my ADHD daughter thrive and become successful in middle school, high school, and now college. I can't help but be grateful for all they've done for me and my children! By the way, the dress code is much better than it used to be.

Covington Middle School 3

Posted March 20, 2012
This is a fantastic school. From a few of the reviews below it appears parents mad about dress code (which your child, adult will follow one for the rest of their lives) and then throwing blame on school. Take reviews with a grain of salt. Most people who write reviews do so when they are mad no when they are pleased. P.S. some of these reviews are so old they are pointless. They discuss details that no longer apply to this school. If you want a feel for the school, visit it!

Covington Middle School
3700 Convict Hill Road, Austin, TX  78749
Last modified Covington Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.