Boone Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 506 students

Posted January 28, 2014

Boone is No Place for Hate School. I learned first hand what that means when my son was being called names by others in his class. I contacted his teacher. She involved the counselor, assistant principal, and principal. They addressed the issues the very same day. They took the situation very seriously and it ended. I was so impressed. My son feels good.

Posted January 16, 2014

My son has "boone" here since '07 in his pre-k days. Now, just ( it seems like) 10 months later, you blink and he's a 5th grader. Each teacher he had has been top notch. That goes for all assistants and faculty members right up to the top chief in command. He loves it here. The teachers were all warm, caring, attentive and when you see the tears well up on the last day when you pick your child up for summer vacation, that says it all. I appreciate the fact that if my son had a bad day and was disruptive, grumpy or an incident occurred, I ask them not to sugarcoat it and let me know just what he did.... and the teachers do. And lastly, but not leastly, another example of the quality of teacher is that on quite a few occasions I run into an ex-teacher around Austin somewhere, but it's not the kind of teacher where you acknowledge you see each other with a nod or a passing short, "Oh, hey.." I end up chatting for a while because they weren't just teachers, they are old friends.

Posted January 15, 2014

This has been a great school for us.. We moved from another state and everyone is so welcoming. My second grader has never been happier and we love her teacher. We also love the class size and the homework is just right.

Posted December 10, 2013

We had our child here and it was a waste of time. They boast that they are "Exemplary" but it's only because the bar is set so low. The teachers are great as well as the office staff, but he principal is just short of a tyrant. In the 2nd grade our child was still doing 3 letter words for spelling. I'm not sure how this would considered Exemplary but thats how it's run there. Advice: find another Elementary. Just to add. This Elem. feeds into Covington M which is another joke. How they got there rating is questionable at the least.

Posted December 6, 2013

Boone is great. The teachers are very caring. My two kids love it There. My son is dyslex and his teacher as well as the principal and office staff Work really hard to acomadate him. They do not single him out and strive to get him on track. I can honestly say everyone there truly has the children's best interest in mind.

Posted January 23, 2013

My son attended Boone Elementary for Kindergarten and 1st grade and I am extremely thankful for the experience we had at Boone. Kathy Noack, (Principal) is extremely visible and very responsive to parent input. She was instrumental in advocating for my son when we suspected he had dyslexia/dysgraphia, and when red tape easily could've delayed AISD action, she pushed to have him assessed. He is dyslexic/dysgraphic and because of the early diagnosis and early intervention (private academic language therapy) he is a highly successful 3rd grader. Boone has a tight community of educators and families and really doesn't get the credit it deserves. - J.W.

Posted March 21, 2012

As a parent of a special needs child, the prek program is awesome as the teachers, Ms. Farmer and Ms Lee were excellent. Unfortunately we moved out of state, but my dd still remembers her teachers and says she wants to go back. We have gone through 4 prek programs and by far this is the best.

Posted December 9, 2011

My 17 year old went here from K-5 and now my 10 year old is in his last year at Boone Elementary. We love the teachers, the office ladies, and Mrs. Noack, the principal. They all care so much about the kids and are always so helpful. After 12 years at Boone I'm going to miss them so much!

Posted April 17, 2011

Very happy with Boone Elementary, it's teachers, staff and curriculum. PTA does a lot with limited resources and has teacher support. Of course PTA always needs more parents to help. (per last comment)

Posted February 3, 2010

Word to the wise, In my opinion, if your child is entering kindergarten you may want to review curriculum benchmarks and the pedagogy of the school. Due to limitations on voicing my opinions I will stop there, and hope this is enough to get you to review that curriculum before enrolling your child here.

Posted November 18, 2009

I read some previous comments where parents felt their children weren't challenged at Boone. I think that is no longer the case since Boone received it's Exemplary rating. When comparing my older son's kinder experience to my youngest son's experience now, it's like night and day. My younger son in kinder is expected to READ. My older's son experience in kinder 3 yrs ago was mostly just learning the sounds of words and not really much of a challenge. My younger son was struggling a bit at first but now he has caught up and is thriving and pleased he can almost read. Other positive items about Boone are the great teachers (most have been here years) and the small class sizes, which really seem to help. All in all, we are very pleased with Boone.

Posted November 12, 2009

My desire for my child's education centers on excellence. My goal for them, and my hope for their school staff, is to go above and beyond in learning about each academic subject and demonstrating in projects, homework, and state testing that they mastered a subject. Unfortunately, AISD has accepted a lesser definition of excellence, and has chosen a new word to hide their priority on simply ensuring that no student fails. The exemplary status given to this school ought to reflect my expectation that my child actually excel. I have long been committed to working closely with my child to ensure that they meet minimum expectations of learning. I don't need the school to pursue mediocrity. I need the school to provide an atmosphere of true excellence. A school needs a vision that commits to high and a full menu of extra-curricular programs. Boone doesn't have this.

Posted November 9, 2009

Excellent school. Teacher and staff are very attentive to my kids needs. School is actually under capacity which leaves plenty of one on one attention..Love love love boone.

Posted November 6, 2009

My son is a 5th grader a Boone Elementary. My husband and I are so grateful to the teachers and staff at Boone. They are caring, dedicated and passionate about their students! Any issues or concerns we have expressed have been addressed immediately. My son is happy and thriving academically and in his own words, Boone is the best school ever!

Posted November 6, 2009

My son has attended Boone since Kindergarten and he's in 3rd grade. He has Aspergers and is in the Gifted /Talented program as well. He is also in the SCORES program which is a program for children on the autism spectrum. I am very happy with the progress he's made improving his social skills since entering this program in 2nd grade. All of his teachers have been very supportive and flexible about his learning and gifted needs. The staff and administration are serious about clamping down on bullying behavior, so I see Boone as a happy, safe place for my son to be. One area that could be improved upon is the gifted program. There are more enrichment activities available this year, so we're hopeful. I've made a concerted effort to volunteer more at the school so I can support the staff and effect change in my own little way.

Posted October 24, 2009

My child wasn't challenged in this school. Administration would not return phone calls. After five miserable months, we withdrew her. We found it overcrowded, and the teachers overworked.

Posted August 20, 2009

Boone Elementary is a great school...'Exemplary' in fact! I couldn't be happier with the staff and the education that my son is receiving.

Posted July 8, 2009

What a terrific school. The administration and staff are amazing. They are very hard working. My kids are so happy there.

Posted June 3, 2008

I can't belive how much my son learned in a year! The staff at Bonne is fun, caring and work very hard to teach our kids. They make parents feel welcomed and I wont even consider moving out of the boone school district!

Posted August 21, 2007

I think Boone is a really great school and good teachers with great attitudes.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

64 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

64 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

72 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

70 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

69 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

70 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

72 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

69 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students95%

Special educationn/a
Not special education99%
Not migrant99%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

79 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

81 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

62 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

63 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

60 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

59 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

59 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

58 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students91%

Economically disadvantaged92%
Not special education96%
Not Gifted96%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

American Indian/Alaska Native N/A 0%

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 0%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Librarian/media specialist(s)
Art teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Visual arts
  • Drawing / sketching

Language learning

Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Drawing / sketching

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8101 Croftwood Drive