Austin, TX

Posted January 28, 2014
Boone is No Place for Hate School. I learned first hand what that means when my son was being called names by others in his class. I contacted his teacher. She involved the counselor, assistant principal, and principal. They addressed the issues the very same day. They took the situation very seriously and it ended. I was so impressed. My son feels good.

Posted January 16, 2014
My son has "boone" here since '07 in his pre-k days. Now, just ( it seems like) 10 months later, you blink and he's a 5th grader. Each teacher he had has been top notch. That goes for all assistants and faculty members right up to the top chief in command. He loves it here. The teachers were all warm, caring, attentive and when you see the tears well up on the last day when you pick your child up for summer vacation, that says it all. I appreciate the fact that if my son had a bad day and was disruptive, grumpy or an incident occurred, I ask them not to sugarcoat it and let me know just what he did.... and the teachers do. And lastly, but not leastly, another example of the quality of teacher is that on quite a few occasions I run into an ex-teacher around Austin somewhere, but it's not the kind of teacher where you acknowledge you see each other with a nod or a passing short, "Oh, hey.." I end up chatting for a while because they weren't just teachers, they are old friends.

Posted January 15, 2014
This has been a great school for us.. We moved from another state and everyone is so welcoming. My second grader has never been happier and we love her teacher. We also love the class size and the homework is just right.

Boone Elementary School 2

Posted December 10, 2013
We had our child here and it was a waste of time. They boast that they are "Exemplary" but it's only because the bar is set so low. The teachers are great as well as the office staff, but he principal is just short of a tyrant. In the 2nd grade our child was still doing 3 letter words for spelling. I'm not sure how this would considered Exemplary but thats how it's run there. Advice: find another Elementary. Just to add. This Elem. feeds into Covington M which is another joke. How they got there rating is questionable at the least.

Posted December 06, 2013
Boone is great. The teachers are very caring. My two kids love it There. My son is dyslex and his teacher as well as the principal and office staff Work really hard to acomadate him. They do not single him out and strive to get him on track. I can honestly say everyone there truly has the children's best interest in mind.

Boone Elementary School 4

Posted January 23, 2013
My son attended Boone Elementary for Kindergarten and 1st grade and I am extremely thankful for the experience we had at Boone. Kathy Noack, (Principal) is extremely visible and very responsive to parent input. She was instrumental in advocating for my son when we suspected he had dyslexia/dysgraphia, and when red tape easily could've delayed AISD action, she pushed to have him assessed. He is dyslexic/dysgraphic and because of the early diagnosis and early intervention (private academic language therapy) he is a highly successful 3rd grader. Boone has a tight community of educators and families and really doesn't get the credit it deserves. - J.W.

Posted March 21, 2012
As a parent of a special needs child, the prek program is awesome as the teachers, Ms. Farmer and Ms Lee were excellent. Unfortunately we moved out of state, but my dd still remembers her teachers and says she wants to go back. We have gone through 4 prek programs and by far this is the best.

Posted December 09, 2011
My 17 year old went here from K-5 and now my 10 year old is in his last year at Boone Elementary. We love the teachers, the office ladies, and Mrs. Noack, the principal. They all care so much about the kids and are always so helpful. After 12 years at Boone I'm going to miss them so much!

Posted April 17, 2011
Very happy with Boone Elementary, it's teachers, staff and curriculum. PTA does a lot with limited resources and has teacher support. Of course PTA always needs more parents to help. (per last comment)

Boone Elementary School 1

Posted February 03, 2010
Word to the wise, In my opinion, if your child is entering kindergarten you may want to review curriculum benchmarks and the pedagogy of the school. Due to limitations on voicing my opinions I will stop there, and hope this is enough to get you to review that curriculum before enrolling your child here.

Boone Elementary School
8101 Croftwood Drive, Austin, TX  78749
Last modified Boone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boone Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top