Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 30, 2016
There are pointed efforts to address these issues; and I see that in the work my son brings home.

Posted April 30, 2016
Kocurek is community and family oriented. It is inspirational and motivating to see families and teachers coming together all year long to provide social and educational activities for the kids in our community. My son is learning so much every day, and it's wonderful to feel so confident in his school.

Posted February 28, 2016
I love all the changes this school has made amazing teachers who go beyond to help there students. Open door policy if you need to speak to the principal. Tons of after enrichment programs from cheer to math pentathlon great teachers great staff great school! South Austins best secret.

Posted February 09, 2016
We chose to buy our house where we did because we like Kocurek Elementary and Akins High School. When we took the tour of the school we really enjoyed the faculty and staff. They are very Austin, super smart and down to Earth. The community of this school feels like Austin in a microcosm, a good representation of our community, with socioeconomic diversity. There is a guy down our block who drives a Tesla and another guy with an old chevy. It's definitely south Austin, and we like having our child in the mix with people from such a diversity of backgrounds. We are really world citizens and so it is comforting to us to know about the families in our school community from Russia and Vietnam and Mexico right beside our fourth generation Austinite daughter. My Dad remembers when Willie Kocurek used to be on the commercials saying,"You don't need a lot, just a little bit every month." There are a couple of events every year that bring together several hundred members of the Kocurek community, including the parents, grandparents, kids, staff, etc. These experiences are great and give you a chance to really feel like you are part of something beautiful and important in your child's life. It's a great community, a very Austin kind of experience. We love Kocurek!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 01, 2016
I think everyone at Kocurek is working hard to motivate all of these kids to do their best and apply themselves academically.

Posted February 01, 2016
Our son has attended Kocurek for the past two years, and we have been very happy with all aspects of the school thus far. We researched several schools in the area including private, and christian schools, and decided to see how things went at Kocurek. I believe some of the other outdated reviews do not reflect the current staff or necessarily the campus today. Parental involvement, being a member of the PTA, and volunteering at the school is very important, regardless of where the child goes to school - don't rely solely on the teachers, staff, counselor, and principal to do the job of a parent. Again, we highly recommend this school, and feel comfortable approaching anyone at the school with any concerns we have.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 31, 2016
My child has always been happy with all of his teachers. Kocurek is a hidden treasure with nice classroom sizes and teachers who have been there for many years. The teachers strive for excellence and set good exames.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 31, 2016
There have been only 2 incidents, in the past 5 years, that I had to bring to the attention of the teacher. Both times my concerns were addressed and resolved immediately with all parties feeling good about the solutions. I strongly feel that the teachers do love what they do.

Posted January 31, 2016
I love this school! My son started here in kindergarten and now he is in 4th grade and I am always welcomed there whenever I show up. I really enjoy volunteering and going on field trips.

Posted January 31, 2016
This school is a hidden gem. The teachers are great and our experience has been very good. Our son is making great strides in core subjects, but also enjoys music, art, the library, and PE. We looked at several different schools before deciding to send him to our neighborhood school and we have no regrets. The leadership of the school does a lot to promote a sense of community at the school and since it is a smaller school, there are a lot of opportunities for parents to be involved.

9800 Curlew Drive, Austin, TX  78748
Last modified Kocurek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.