Austin, TX

Posted June 04, 2013
Kendall Arnold is the most reliable teacher and supportive of her students. She is conscientious and cares for those children in her tutelage.

Posted August 08, 2012
I cannot believe the parent reviews on this page. Do you know where you live? Of course Widen is going to have rough kids in it. You live in the ghetto! Did you expect something different? As far as blaming the teachers, that needs to stop. Those poor teachers are trying to do their job in a war zone in southeast Austin. Take care of your business as a parent and get a good job. Move to an area that's a little classier.

Posted April 11, 2011
like the other parents my daughter was in the pre-k program in 2009 and was bullied hit and harassed and had things stolen from her including her lunch money ..]] on a daily bases the worst part the teacher never told me my daughter would tell me and then i would have to ask the teacher who would then laugh it off as kids being kids, i had talks to both the teacher and Principal but nothing ever come of it, the administration was down right RUDE when i tried to talk to them about any issue .... the language of the children even in pre-k was horrible and this was in front of the teacher , who acted as if nothing out of the ordinary had occurred.. of course that was when she was there my daughter had in the few short month's she was there 7 subs... and the other parents were just as bad i had a lady threaten me in the parking lot while i was pregnant needless to say after about 3 month's i pulled her out and home schooled her..

Posted October 08, 2009

Posted July 06, 2009
I was very disappointed with this school (2009). My daughter was being harassed. I spoke to the Vice Principle; I thought this would put a stop to it. Well it didn t I had to go two more times before it was taken care. The Principle had not even heard of the problem. At the play ground you would not believe your ears the students swear as if it that s what is taught in the class room. I also moved from Del Valle and there is a rule, they don t tolerance bulling. The teachers their will work with you to help out with your child needs. Think twice before moving your child to this school.

Posted June 23, 2009
My daughter started Widen in the Spring of 09 after we left Del Valle. I must say I was very disappointed. My daughter flourished at Del Valle and always received high behavior marks. At Widen she was on yellow, orange, and red everyday with no notes as to why. Her teacher was frustrated and disgruntled each time I spoke with her. She said the class was troublemakers! They are in kindergarten they are not suppose to be perfect. Additionally I only received information about events the day before or after which was very frustrating. The teacher sent home tons of homework (daily, weekly, monthly and a reading log). I got a note one day that said my daughter had been CHOKED on the playground by a boy and it was HER FAULT because she was chasing them. The note suggested she not play with boys anymore. We are leaving this district.

Posted January 17, 2007
I've had three children go to this school and my eldest is a 7th grader now at mendez so I've been involved with widen for a long time It's teachers are great, and care about the kids a lot especially Mrs. Ryan the pre-k teacher she's been a teacher to two of my children and she's an excellent teacher and academic programs are good and they have a lot of fun events or the kids and their families and their safety procedures are good too parents were always sent home a flyer if there were any problems regarding the school or the children's safety at whatever level it may of been.

Widen Elementary School 3

Posted May 03, 2005
Both of my kids have attended this school since pre-kinder. My eldist is in 2nd grade. I have been fortunate that each of my kids has had top rated teachers. The school offers many activities for the kids although there could be some improvements done for more advanced students which they don't provide seperate learning environments for them. They are changed to a teacher that offers some more challenging work but they are still having to limit the advanced work because the class has mixed learning levels.

Posted October 26, 2004

Posted December 17, 2003
My child is learning at a rapid rate and it shows this school is a blessing to our household my child know whats expected from her and understands the consequences.Ms.Kessler keeps me informed about my daughters progress and behavior.I'm very,very pleased.

Widen Elementary School
5605 Nuckols Crossing Road, Austin, TX  78744
Last modified Widen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Widen Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top