Posted May 06, 2014
Bowie is a very good school with very good teachers. The counselors could be a lot more attentive and proactive with their assigned students. The principal could be more transparent and vocal with parents. You seldom hear from admin. 95% of news comes from the PTA.

Posted June 05, 2012
I traveled 300 miles to be at Bowie graduation. All sports, including golf were mentioned at graduation, The STATE PLAYOFF Lady lacrosse team was ignored and one ladydawg made All-American. No mention. I know about lacrosse and Title IX, but this is outrageous! Remarkable grouip of young ladies. Either the Supt or staff at Bowie giving her comments are totally clueless and cruel for their omission by not mentioning their hard work and barriers they overcame to make the playoffs.

Posted July 25, 2011
I will be going into my sophomore year this August. I really enjoy Bowie. I have a lot of friends there and most of the teachers are good (but not all!) The only problem I have is that they give us such a large workload. I am ALWAYS swamped with homework and I get super stressed out. On a typical day I spend about 4-5 hours doing all of my work. It's extremely competitive here and you have to work really hard in order to get a good ranking!

Posted July 17, 2011
My daughter is a 2011 graduate of Bowie and I felt that she received an excellent education and that the teachers and administration strive to provide high quality instruction and an abundance of excellent extracurricular activities to enrich the coursework. The band, art and athletic programs are fantastic and my daughter graduated with several scholarship offers from schools around the country. Her class was extremely competitive and set a new scholarship record for AISD by testimony of the Superintendent.

Posted June 21, 2011
Among the more excellent schools in AISD.. .I'm disappointed in the budget cuts effecting Latin, German and some of the more important developmental curriculum. But nearly all schools appear to be suffering this crunch...

Posted October 19, 2009

Posted October 09, 2009
I have two students at Bowie, a senior and a junior. I am surprised at the level of disappointment with the teaching staff expressed in other reviews. My children have had a number of excellent teachers at Bowie, several of whom I believe will serve as inspiring figures for them for the rest of their lives.

Bowie High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
They have a great football program-my son loves it!

Posted September 17, 2009
Best students, best faculty, best parents! Go Dawgs!

Bowie High School 3

Posted August 29, 2009
The administrative leadership and knowledge is disappointing.

Bowie High School
4103 West Slaughter Lane, Austin, TX  78749
Last modified Bowie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bowie High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews.