PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

The Cathedral School of St. Mary is a wonderful school with small class sizes, caring and supportive faculty and staff, all in a beautiful Cathedral setting. The principal is caring and readily available. The old world charm is complemented by a modern computer facility and well-kept classrooms and a large gym with ample opportunity for the participation in extracurricular activities. The limited sports options are typical of any private school and the limits clearly do not apply to academic material. The school provides high standards in a supportive manner, including an outstanding support network for the interactions of students, teachers, and parents. The students learn in an environment that encourages good behavior with solid values, and the students have the privilege of attending mass in a large, beautiful Cathedral. They are supportive to all students from various backgrounds. The course material is well suited for a variety of students' abilities, including college preparatory high schools - as a physicist at UT, I know.

I have been very happy with the education my children have received during their years at Saint Mary. When my children have needed additional help they have always been given it and if it happened to be something that the school did not offer, the teachers were beyond helpful in assisting our family find the necessary resources to improve our child's educational experience. As far as the " school being old", sure it would be nice to have more updated facilities, however what's most important to my family is not how new the building is. I want my children to be close to our faith, gain the knowledge and skills and characteristics that will teach them to become Christian,responsible, hard-working adults. I believe that this can be done wether they are sitting in a state-of-the-art building or outside under a tree as long as you have the kind, caring faculty that we have at Saint Mary!

I am a teacher at Cathedral School of St. Mary and find this place to be a caring, nurturing community of committed faculty and staff. We are all here for the children. I thank God for leading me to this school.

One of the best school choices if you are looking for a catholic institution that fosters continuous improvement and reaches for excellence. This is definitely a school that moving above average and heading to excellence. As parents we have been extremely happy with what the school has given our children. I agree with the KUDOS for a very committed principal and staff. I especially like that teachers have taken the time AND INTEREST to discuss our children's progress and learning outcomes. They have even provided " skill builders" to give them the additional support in the areas they need to improve on !!! We are definitely staying till they are ready to go to high school. I invite all prospective parents to visit the school and talk to the principal, staff and parents !!!!!

Kudos to the new principal Mrs. Hitt! I am eternally grateful to the Cathedral School of St. Mary's for educating my child scholastically and spirtually. Preparing my young adult to meet the challenges ahead. Forming into a christian leader with conscience and compassion. Yes, the school is older but looking at what matters the most ,substance, quality education and excellent teachers. Recently accepted to St Dominic Savio. Thank you Cathedral School of St. Mary's for the exceptional 9 years!

I would look for a school that offers better programs. School is old. I will be looking for a new school.

I am an alumnus from St. Mary's Cathedral School and I can tell you that all of the other reviews are outdated. The school is very old and may have been something different and better back in the day, but to me and my generation (2000-present) it was an institution which promoted everything, but academic excellence and a nurturing environment. The academics are very poor, bullying is common, and with the exception of Mrs. Merhar, the teachers are just not very good. Send your child to this school only if he or she can self-teach himself or herself math, science, and history easily. As a matter of fact, why not try a magnet school?

I am a St.Mary's Alumni and I highly recommend this school. I have four children who have attended this school and one has graduated from St.Mary's. The teachers and staff are all very nurturing and the environment is great.

My 3yo son was attending a daycare in which the teachers werre not caring, attentive and positive. I switched him to St. Mary's and within 3 months of being exposed to a positive school and teachers that do care, are encouraging and positive you would not think that this was the same school. The techniques that are utilized daily that teach the students of good decisions, bad decisions, sign language, spanish, days, months has been very rewarding for our family.

My son started school here in Pre-K. Everybody was very nice, and it seemed great. We thought this Catholic school would help us raise a son with high morals, but all it did was cause stress. Mrs Jackson the registrar was great though! I think she was the one who kept us smiling. The school did not know how to function with a child who acted up.

Last modified Cathedral School Of St Mary is a Private school that serves grades PK-8