St Ignatius Martyr School 1

Posted May 14, 2014
The curriculum isn't rigorous. No music program. Parents are cliqueish. Some teachers phone it in, others are over the students' heads, and others perpetuate dated gender stereotypes. There's no consistency. Children are left behind at school during events, essentially ostracizing them if parents don't cough up $50 for field day. Teachers openly accuse students of cheating without verifying the accuracy of their information. Or they ban bracelets because colors supposedly represent sexual acts. (Seriously?!) Evolution has not been taught so far this year, so I'm concerned about the quality of STEM preparedness. Group projects are pedagogically outdated and a child's grade should not hinge on whether other members do their part. Technology seriously needs improvement. Communication could be much, much better. Less focus on the color of the kids' socks would be nice, as well as perhaps not threatening kids with demerits if they're the wrong color. Black socks are hardly disruptive in the grand scheme. The food is appallingly bad, all processed with nothing fresh except some wilted lettuce. All in all, it has been a very disappointing experience and we're looking for alternatives.

St Ignatius Martyr School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
Great community. Teachers really know the children's style. Very strong faith oriented school. The school continually works on improving the environment and opportunities it offers the students. While there are some areas that continue to need focus overall the experience here has been good.

Posted November 08, 2013
Our child started at St. Ignatius, Martyr, Catholic School this year, and we could not be happier. The community has been warm and welcoming, the principal displays wonderful leadership and has a strong vision for the school. The teaching faculty is excellent, and the Catholic identity of the school is very strong. We love it!

Posted January 24, 2012
We love St. Ignatius Martyr Catholic School. Our oldest started in PK4 10 years ago and now all 4 of our children attend. The teachers are the best. The principal and priest are very strong leaders and involved in the school. We love that our children are receiving such a great education and living their Catholic faith!

Posted November 17, 2008
My family and I absolutely love St. Ignatius, Martyr School. The teachers are very warm and welcoming, and I know that my children are in a safe and caring environment that coincides with my Catholic values. One of the best things about SIMS is the community/family oriented environment. This is our fourth year in the community and we have felt accepted and comfortable from the first day. We love the principal and feel that each child is treated as he/she should be... an individual. For an education to be great, the family needs to be an active part of the effort. We do this and our children thrive. Thank you to SIMS for a wonderful, loving and enriching Catholic environment. The principal, teachers, staff and families are second to none. We love it!

Posted October 08, 2008
Although I was very excited when my daughter first started prek here at St. Ignatius, that excitment quickly turned to disappointment. The classes are not that small, thus I think the one to one interaction that they get with the teacher is limited. The classrooms are old and outdated. The students, I don't know where to begin. I've seen other private schools and the children there do not behave like these. There's lots of bullying going on, even at that young age. Children are redirected but I don't know if it is followed through at home. I would rather get my daughter out of that environment before she starts getting some of those negative habbits. I am giving it a chance but I have yet to fall in love with the school or the curriculum for that matter. doubt that my daughter will return back next year.

Posted August 10, 2008
My child will be attending this school begining the 2008-2009 school year. My experience so far has been a good one. I was given plenty of information to read in advance and to make my expectations realistic ones. The principal was friendly and answered all my quesitons, he asked some of his own to see why we were intersted in the school, I imagine is was part of setting up expectations for himself and his staff about our child. I'm looking forward to my son starting and so far, I feel the school will be a good choice. More to come later...

Posted May 17, 2007

St Ignatius Martyr School
120 West Oltorf Street, Austin, TX  78704
Last modified St Ignatius Martyr School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Ignatius Martyr School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top