PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 10, 2016
We switched to public schools and the kids are learning better and more into their studies, night and day difference.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 10, 2016
5 Subjects per night. they assign mandatory homework for weekends AND vacation/holiday. At times the backpack weighed more than my kids did.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 10, 2016
CLICKISH, well i would go as far as to say they invented the term "CLICK"

St Ignatius Martyr School 1

Posted May 10, 2016
IT'S LIKE "PAYING" FOR PUBLIC SCHOOL If you don't take your faith or hard earned money seriously then this is a good place to throw it all down the drain. In addition to tuition you have to pay every time your kid sneezes there. They make you set up a auto-draft account from your bank and then they withdraw more than tuition, oh but you get an email saying they will take more money out...but just an email and not in time to budget for it either. They also show R rated movies to the kids and me as a parent find out about it when the kids come home talking about it. Save your hard earned money and send them to "juvy hall" - you will get the same results.

Posted February 27, 2015
I am not only a parent, but I am also Alumni of St. Ignatius. I have truly enjoyed the last 5 years that my daughter has been enrolled. I am more than satisfied with the curriculum, the teachers, faculty, and staff. There is the sense of family within the school community. The priests and deacon come to teach and visit with the children, which I know my daughter truly loves and appreciates. I would recommend St. Ignatius to anyone who is considering private school.

St Ignatius Martyr School 1

Posted May 14, 2014
The curriculum isn't rigorous. No music program. Parents are cliqueish. Some teachers phone it in, others are over the students' heads, and others perpetuate dated gender stereotypes. There's no consistency. Children are left behind at school during events, essentially ostracizing them if parents don't cough up $50 for field day. Teachers openly accuse students of cheating without verifying the accuracy of their information. Or they ban bracelets because colors supposedly represent sexual acts. (Seriously?!) Evolution has not been taught so far this year, so I'm concerned about the quality of STEM preparedness. Group projects are pedagogically outdated and a child's grade should not hinge on whether other members do their part. Technology seriously needs improvement. Communication could be much, much better. Less focus on the color of the kids' socks would be nice, as well as perhaps not threatening kids with demerits if they're the wrong color. Black socks are hardly disruptive in the grand scheme. The food is appallingly bad, all processed with nothing fresh except some wilted lettuce. All in all, it has been a very disappointing experience and we're looking for alternatives.

St Ignatius Martyr School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
Great community. Teachers really know the children's style. Very strong faith oriented school. The school continually works on improving the environment and opportunities it offers the students. While there are some areas that continue to need focus overall the experience here has been good.

Posted November 08, 2013
Our child started at St. Ignatius, Martyr, Catholic School this year, and we could not be happier. The community has been warm and welcoming, the principal displays wonderful leadership and has a strong vision for the school. The teaching faculty is excellent, and the Catholic identity of the school is very strong. We love it!

Posted January 24, 2012
We love St. Ignatius Martyr Catholic School. Our oldest started in PK4 10 years ago and now all 4 of our children attend. The teachers are the best. The principal and priest are very strong leaders and involved in the school. We love that our children are receiving such a great education and living their Catholic faith!

Posted November 17, 2008
My family and I absolutely love St. Ignatius, Martyr School. The teachers are very warm and welcoming, and I know that my children are in a safe and caring environment that coincides with my Catholic values. One of the best things about SIMS is the community/family oriented environment. This is our fourth year in the community and we have felt accepted and comfortable from the first day. We love the principal and feel that each child is treated as he/she should be... an individual. For an education to be great, the family needs to be an active part of the effort. We do this and our children thrive. Thank you to SIMS for a wonderful, loving and enriching Catholic environment. The principal, teachers, staff and families are second to none. We love it!

120 West Oltorf Street, Austin, TX  78704
Last modified St Ignatius Martyr School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8