PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Every person we have encountered at Saint Louis has been awesome. They greet you as if you are family. The office staff and administrators know the families by name and greet them by name. Hugs are given, kids and parents talk to each other as if they are family. It is wonderful and it is lead by example by school leadership.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The character changes we have seen already with our boys have been almost profound. They are so much more aware of their behavior. One of my sons asked his younger brother what kind of behavior he was displaying, and was it "respecting Jesus." This is absolutely wonderful! They learn compassion, respect, care and acceptance of every kind of person.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are great at communication on a daily basis, as well as keeping workload and level of work appropriate for them individually, not a generic homework packet like we see in most public schools.

Amount of homework: Agree

The level of homework seems manageable and on point developmentally. It is appropriate for each of their grade levels and it is also individualized for each student.

My husband and I transferred our two sons from a public school after my 1st grader had been bullied and nothing was done to support him, or us. We have been so impressed by the support, the kindness, the communication and the family-style community at Saint Louis School. My 1st grader has been anxious during this transition and Mrs. Downing and his teacher Ms. Foyt, as well as the counselor, have been so wonderful at supporting him and giving him the tools and encouragement he needs. Our boys are both thriving and we have seen changes already in their behavior, attitude and love of Jesus. We feel confident leaving our boys every morning, knowing that they are getting not only a great quality education but that they are being filled with the love of Jesus every day.

Our son has a Learning Disability and we have struggled finding him a school that would 1.) not just say he does not have an issue when he has been tested by everyone many times and clearly has some issues and 2.) does not just pass him along. We started our search again and found St Louis school in Austin. We have been so blessed to find the school. The teaching staff is very good about emailing parents and keeping us informed with upcoming things and homework. Specifically to our student, the LD teacher Mrs Pickerill is amazing and does an outstanding job with our student. We could not have asked for a better teacher for him and dealing with his LD. We are so thankful for her and the school in general. Even if our student did not have an LD, St. Louis would be a very good fit for him and our family. If you are looking for a school home and also want to have the "family" feel and more of a community feel, St. Louis is for you. It is hard finding a school to help with our son and his LD, but we feel we have finally found it. What a blessing.

I have three sons who attend St. Louis School. My oldest is in 8th grade & has been there since Kindergarten. I have another in 5th who has been there since Pre-K, and my youngest is in Pre-K. I strongly recommend St. Louis! If you want a place to drop your child and have NO involvement in their education, then this is NOT the school for you. If you want to part of a community of parents, teachers, students & church, then this is the place for you. At St. Louis, people know and love your child. The teachers are wonderful and know your child s strengths and weaknesses. Of particular note is the outstanding principal, who was a teacher there before being promoted to Principal. I can t say enough about the guidance counselor. She knows and loves the kids and is a tremendous support to them and their families. She is an advocate for your child. The athletic director is one of the best role models you can find. The kids & parents love him. St. Louis is a gem in central Austin. It s been there for over 50 years. Your child will receive a quality, faith-based education, where they will learn self-discipline, respect for others, and a love for learning.

The school has been good to us and has taught my children well. A solid education and Catholic teaching which is important to us. There is a lack of getting parents involved and getting to know one another. Most long time parents do not engage with new parents they stick to who they know and what is comfortable. Overall our children are happy and feel happy and safe at St. Louis.

We enrolled our 7th grade son and 5th grade daughter to St. Louis after being at another catholic school for 8 years. It was extremely difficult for us as a family to leave our old school we love and treasure. However we felt our kids needed more interaction with more students and a larger environment to be in than where we were at. My children felt very comfortable from the start. The office staff is welcoming, knowledgeable and understood how we felt as parents. The faculty is just the same. The communication is great, not just from the administration but from the faculty as well. We know what's happening with the education on a daily basis and feel I can contact the faculty about anything I have a concern with. Most importantly, both my son and daughter were greeted and welcomed by their fellow students. They immediately got involved in extra curricular activities and feel like they have been with their classmates for more than just this year. Both my son and daughter have expressed how happy they are at St. Louis. I see it in their efforts and attitudes and see the results in their grades. Thank you St. Louis for making this HUGE change for us go smoothly; we appreciate it!

Our daughter needed a change for her 8th grade year. When we toured St. Louis, I was blown away by how welcoming and caring the teachers and students were. During the summer before she started at St. Louis, school parents we had never met scheduled a dinner of 8th grade moms and daughters to welcome us to the school. They also donated school uniform pieces from their own daughters' wardrobe for my daughter to wear. Once she started school the teachers, the principal and the front office staff, down to a person, seemed to go out of their way to make us feel welcome. At the end of the school days I ask my daughter how school was and she always says, "great!" At open house every teacher we saw had something special to say about our daughter, even though they had known her only a couple of weeks. This school lives the Gospel in the loving kindness shown by students, parents, and staff. The academics have allowed the students to produce reports on topics they are interested in, so homework is more interesting for her. We have only been at St. Louis this year, but couldn't be happier.

Last modified St Louis School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8