Posted November 19, 2013
Both of our kids graduated from St. Stephen's and both loved their experiences there. Most of the teachers are absolutely fabulous, caring, creative, and highly intelligent. Most of the students are intellectually exceptional and very friendly, and the writing program is unsurpassed in Austin. The campus is beautiful. The small boarding program brings in kids from all over the world, which enhances the school in many ways. This is a warm and loving place. The volleyball, tennis, and soccer programs are also quite strong. Both of our kids are at Ivy League colleges and they say that St. Stephen's prepared them very, very well to get great grades in those settings.

St Stephens Episcopal School 3

Posted June 15, 2013
I have mixed feelings about this school. I think they are good at some things, such as writing, and weak at others, such as compter-related skills. Overall I am not sure it is worth the price tag. My daughters had a bit of trouble with rich, entitled classmates. We are not wealthy--grandparents paid the tuition--and my daughters felt out of place sometimes.

Posted May 20, 2012
Excellent academics, sometimes indistinguishable from college-level courses. I attended all the classes on visiting days for parents, and was extremely impressed with the teachers. St Stephens had the reputation of teaching students how to write Ivy League-level essays, and this was true. My son loved St Stephens, and had such good training that his courses at a very competitive college didn't require any adjustment. There was no struggle at all. He wouldn't have switched to any other school in Austin.

Posted September 08, 2011
Great academics. Students will learn how to write like Ivy League College students by the time they're Juniors. Students get much support and help from teachers whether or not they want the help. A great place to play almost any sport you want competitively, with very strong Soccer, Tennis, and Volleyball programs; however, most other sports programs are fairly average.

Posted November 01, 2009
This school is about a full year ahead of our public school's pre-AP and GT classes/programs. The sports program allows everyone to participate, but not necessarily win (MS sports are not the school's strength). The teachers are awesome, caring, and challenge the kids. My son's work ethic and academic growth have been amazing since moving to St. Stephen's. I ask him if we wants to go back to his public school and get a resounding 'no'. Yes, he went from top of his class to now somewhere in the middle by changing schools, but now, he understands that just because you are bright you can't skate by, you must still work hard! Great life lesson!

St Stephens Episcopal School 4

Posted August 17, 2009

Posted November 27, 2008
St. Stephen's is a wonderful school. As a parent of a middle-school student, I could not be more pleased. The school is expensive, but it is worth every penny. The academics are outstanding and the athletics are good in some areas. Although there are a few exceptions, the teachers are absolutely superb.

Posted October 22, 2008
Best school in the world! I cannot imagine my sons life without him not going there. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted October 17, 2008

Posted June 16, 2008
I am currently enrolled in this school, having just finished my junior year, and I can not imagine learning anywhere else. People are friendly. The teachers constantly challenge me in ways I never expected, and I feel more than prepared for what lies ahead. My only complaint is the administration and parents who believe St. Stephens needs to become an Exetor of the south when in reality St. Stephens small, liberal arts / intellectual feel is what makes this school great. School's Greatest Strength: Faculty School's Greatest Weakness: A growing population wealthy stuck up kids who feel that they are entitled to everything in life.

St Stephens Episcopal School
6500 Saint Stephens Drive, Austin, TX  78746
Last modified St Stephens Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
St Stephens Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top