No rating

Redeemer Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 503 students

We are best known for caring attitude, technology.

Living in Austin

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $249,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $950.

Sweep tile

Posted July 30, 2013

My child has been at Redeemer for the past 2 years and loves it! Everyone was so welcoming and made her feel right at home. She looks forward to school and loves the small, community feel it has. I love the idea that she can stay in the same school through 8th grade. They are building a new private high school so may keep her with her friends and stay through high school. So happy we found this school!

Posted June 26, 2013

Love our school! The teachers and staff really care about our students and the value of education!

Posted April 28, 2013

The school is amazing. My son hates to miss a day of school. We have the academics are grat and they also focus on having well rounded children. I would highly recommend especially if your child has speech or other issues because they are very open. Parents are great too. Ask for a tour!!!

Posted April 24, 2013

Redeemer is an excellent place to receive a quality education for your child. My family is very impressed with: Teacher involvement, parent support of the students and the overall knowledge my child gains each day.

Posted December 21, 2011

My kids love Redeemer Lutheran School. We have attended preschool, elementary, and middle school and have been very happy with the teachers, curriculum, and the loving Christian environment. In my experience with public school, and this private school, I would hands down pick this private school. I know a few families that left Redeemer to go to public schools and they came back to Redeemer because you just can't beat the education they get at this school.

Posted August 10, 2011

My daughter has attended Redeemer for middle school and we have been very pleased with both the academic rigor and the caring atmosphere at the school. The teachers and administration take a genuine interest in the students as individuals and there is healthy collaboration among teachers. My daughter had lost interest in reading prior to attending Redeemer. Now she loves to read and has even mentioned an interest in becoming a librarian.

Posted August 8, 2011

I have two kids who both love Redeemer. There are a lot of opportunities offered that they didn't receive at their last school. We also love the family environment.

Posted July 20, 2011

Poor school. The principal is very immature and not objective. Sad for the teachers who do try.

Posted June 21, 2011

My two kids love Redeemer! My family considers Redeemer a home, not just a school! The atmosphere is very loving and supportive.

Posted May 6, 2011

There is a major problem with bullying at this school that has driven several families away. The principal refuses to step in when the teacher won't handle it. There are teachers who are not qualified to teach, and very little has been done about it. Academics are average. Three families I know who left due to bullying issues at the school are thrilled with their public school choices.

Posted March 1, 2011

Some teachers are good but the bad ones are left to continue to teach there year after year. Eventhough their issues are brought to the principals attention.

Posted January 24, 2011

My wife attended Redeemer and now our three children go there. Redeemer has perfected the balance between academic excellence and Christian character. I know that my children are being challenged academically while being loved and cherished. A true gem and a blessing to the community.

Posted October 6, 2010

I have had my two boys at Redeemer for the past 4 years and we have been very happy. The campus is full of happy staff members, teachers who love your children, and parents who care. The playground is exceptional, the daily religion and the strong academics make Redeemer a great place for my boys and our family as a whole.

Posted September 28, 2010

I have two elementary age children attending Redeemer. I am very happy with the education my children are receiving and the experiences they are having at school. I feel like they are safe and cared for, they are excited about learning and are exposed to so many unique opportunities for hands on learning. The outside areas of the campus are often used as a hands-on science classroom, community members such as authors, scientists and community workers are encouraged, and each year the children go on a wide variety of field trips from farms to landfills.

Posted November 10, 2009

I give 2 stars my son went there from k-5 grade the teacher quality from 3rd grade up is poor with the exception of 5 th grade, the principal is not willing to work with parents and dose not take responsibility for anything that goes on there with their teachers.

Posted May 5, 2009

Redeemer has been a wonderful school for our daughter. The teachers truly care about the children as well as how they are doing academically. The communication between the teachers and parents is very open. It is money well spent!

Posted March 12, 2009

My wife went to Redeemer when she was young. Now, we have 2 girls that have gone to Redeemer since they were 3 years old. Very affordable and the teachers are the best I''ve ever seen. There is so much sincere love in the school from the teachers, staff, and students! My daughters are smart and are of outstanding character, thanks in large part to their education at Redeemer. It's the best money I have ever spent on my children and I can't recommend it highly enough! You owe it to yourself and to your kids to tour Redeemer and see what it has to offer.

Posted September 27, 2008

My grandchildren attend Redeemer Lutheran School and are excelling in many ways - educationally, spiritually and personally. I am so pleased to have grandchildren that know, understand and live for God. The school has a wonderful outdoor science education program where the children learn how to plant and care for all types of vegetation and the aviary gives first hand knowledge of birds. Grandparents Day is exciting for me and the students who like to 'show off' their grandparents. The musicals, the year end programs, and the special programs show the enthusiasm the students have for their school. I have met many of the teachers and administrators and find all possessing a sincere desire to teach. Bring your children to Redeemer for a firm foundation in Christianity and education!

Posted August 13, 2008

2007-2008 Year was the first for my son 5th grade, previously Del Valle Public School. Unbelievable! The teachers are fabulous and really love the children. My son is excelling without all the social issues he was having in Del Valle. Very blessed to find this jewel, very affordable.

Posted June 12, 2007

The teachers reallyu care about your child! They care about everything from what might be troubling your child that day to writting letters of recomendation to colleges to ensure that your child has a better future. If your child will be a new student don't be afraid of the other kids thaey always make new students feel welcome and embrace them with open arms.

Asian 5% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Accelerate Reader Elite School (2010)
  • Premier Green Ribbon School (2010)
  • ITBS Top 5% of Schools Naionally (2010)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Arts & music

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Glen Kieschnick
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Core knowledge
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Parents are part of our school community. many volunteer to help in classrooms and in the library. they assist with lunchroom accounting, volunteer events, coaching, clerical work, teacher appreciation, and other activities. our local exxon station sponsors a portion of our drama program.