PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Redeemer Lutheran School is a great option for families looking for an alternative to Austin Public Schools. We provide a learning experience - a family environment with faith development, nurturing relationships, academic excellence, integrated technology, physical fitness, and hands-on enrichment. In elementary school, children enjoy chapel, our music program 3 times a week, art, science enrichment, spanish, physical fitness in the gym, and technology. We have 3 age appropriate state of the art playgrounds, SMARTboard technology in all classrooms as well as computers, and IPADs. An on-site shuttle bus to Concordia High School offers an opportunity for High School.
January 22, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Redeemer Lutheran School 4

Posted March 28, 2016
The school is academically very good, but there is still room for improvement. There are too many bullying problems here, which is the school's biggest problem. When I graduated, I realized just how poorly the other students treated me based on how I am now treated. If I ever were to have children, this would be towards the bottom of my list of schools to choose from.

Posted September 09, 2015
Excellent teachers and a caring administration. Ms. Mueller, acting principal for 2015-16, greets students and is quite visible amongst the children and parents during the day. Mr. Jahnke, long-time vice principal, is caring but firm. Bullying is not tolerated. Class size is small. PE every day. One test: ITBS, which I myself took in elementary school. Ms. Schatte, the music teacher, is a gem. The play equipment is up-to-date and developmentally appropriate. Nap times in K for kids whose bodies aren't ready for a full, active day (or quiet time, because we all need that!). Check out Ms. Keyburn and the Garden Club -- she's knowledgable and truly a Mother Nature-type figure to the kids. Redeemer is slightly more conservative in their beliefs than I, but this is such a small matter and I really believe they benefit from seeing how others think.

Redeemer Lutheran School 2

Posted August 08, 2015
All teachers at this school are caring, but some do have favorites. There're a few teachers that aren't the best, but the true problem at this school is bulling, and trying to cover up mistakes. My child was being bullied and the teachers tried to just talk it out with them both in the same room. which just made things worse. Plus their bully made it seem that my child was attacking them. So it looked like my kid was the bad child. Instead of listening to both of the kids, they heard one side of the story and settled with that one story. Also I have lost respect for some teachers. Some of the teachers could care less about what you have to say about how they handled a situation badly. If a teacher messes up, yes you should give them grace. What I don't like is that if I want to talk to that teacher who messed up, it is extremely difficult to contact them in person. It is difficult because other teachers try to build a wall to protect that teacher. They try to drive you away from the one teacher you need to talk to. The school is great if your child is a favorite of every teacher, and if your child have no problems with making friends with others.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 22, 2015

Posted June 29, 2014
I attended Redeemer for 11 years. The education was AMAZING! The 7th grade lit class changed my life and set me on a course to graduate from high school with 45 college credit hours, because that class gave me the foundation to think deeply about myself and others, which would later put me on a path to pursuing my passions (balanced with wisdom of course). Now I am married and have an infant. When it is time for him to attend pre-school you can bet that he will be attending Redeemer!

Posted June 13, 2014
RLS has been such a amazing experience for my two children. The teachers LOVE these children as if they were their own. Last year was hard, one of our children was diagnosed with a learning disability but the staff at RLS helped us and stood by our side to help figure out every step we needed to take. Now I'm happy to say, that same child is now excelling beyond belief and it is all due to the love and support of the teachers and staff. God is the center of all things at RLS and it shows! They go above and beyond in every aspect!

Posted June 12, 2014
We have two kids at Redeemer, and we have had an amazing experience! The kids learn so much--not just academics, but about love, character and God. So glad we found Redeemer, and my kids have had such a good start to life!

Posted June 12, 2014
Redeemer Lutheran is an extraordinary environment to challenge and support academic, intellectual, social, and spiritual growth of Pre-K through 8th grade students. The teachers and staff encourage and genuinely care for not only the students, but for their families as well.

Posted June 12, 2014
We have been at Redeemer for six years and absolutely love it. Although the academics are outstanding and the students get a variety of experiences each day including science, PE, music, art, technology, and Spanish, the main reason we love her Redeemer is the sense of community we feel here. The teachers genuinely care about their students.

Posted July 30, 2013
My child has been at Redeemer for the past 2 years and loves it! Everyone was so welcoming and made her feel right at home. She looks forward to school and loves the small, community feel it has. I love the idea that she can stay in the same school through 8th grade. They are building a new private high school so may keep her with her friends and stay through high school. So happy we found this school!

Redeemer Lutheran School
1500 West Anderson Lane, Austin, TX  78757
Last modified Redeemer Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8