PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I am very pleased with the education at STCS, especially in middle school. I know that my child is very prepared for high school. My child is challenged, especially in Language Arts and Social Studies, for the first time! This is a good thing!

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

In middle school, there is only one ineffective teacher so I put somewhat effective to balance it out.

Amount of homework: no rating

It's hard to say. It's not always the amount, but the timing, the quality and the curriculum you also need to consider. It's hard to say it's simply too much or too little.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school develops honesty and integrity through the religion teacher and the President who takes time to teach these concepts during all-hand assemblies. Fairness is not given in some classes as mentioned.

While the majority of the teachers in the middle school are very good and try very hard, the language arts instruction is sub-par. Even though my child is on the A honor roll, I can say I have serious concerns about the methods used in this program. I will say that we have enjoyed the PSIA involvement, the sports have been wonderful and the community at large is very respectful and friendly.

You would think with all the negative posts about the faculty and administration of the school on this site that the students' education would suffer. Sure doesn't seem to be the Case... 2015 PSIA District Results: 1st place Elementary & 1st place Middle School: Elementary 552 St. Theresa s 411 Regents 257.5 St. Andrews 257 Trinity 122.5 St. Gabriel 27 Uplift Summit Middle School 763 St. Theresa s 228 Trinity 189 St. Gabriel 156 Regents 130 Uplift Summit 70 St. Andrews

This school is a wonderful choice for families looking for Catholic faith, and Educational Advancement. 95% of the teachers are well skilled in both areas (no school is perfect!). One other critical aspect of a student's education is social development. The school and parent community create opportunities that allow the students bond and get along other than in an 8-3 classroom. This is one of the few catholic schools in Austin (if not the only one), that recognizes the importance of social development outside curriculum. Again, no school is perfect or will meet everyone's need. This school is perfect for my family because they meet these three aspects. GO TIGERS!! St. Theresa Pray for this lovely school community!

St. Theresa's has been excellent choice for our family. We have been there for the past six years and have been very pleased. Our children are excelling not only academically but spiritually. They love going to school and are eager to tell us about their day when we pick them up in the afternoon. When our youngest was in PK, he was already rattling off the sight words and thinking through basic addition/subtraction problems. From a spiritual perspective, our children know proper etiquette in church which is clearly evident at mass on Sundays. Overall, STCS has exceeded our expectations. In reading through the reviews and listening to the anecdotal commentary over the past year, there has been some concerns raised regarding the administration. We believe St. Theresa's along with the Diocese are working together to strengthen the leadership at the school. Open House was a testament to that 'new' leadership. It is evident they are trying to partner with the parents. Unfortunately there are a few parents that are unwilling to partner back as stated in the negative reviews posted before school even started. It is a mystery why these families continue to stay if they are that upset.

The last comment (which begins "The new year has begun. There is no real "change" in administration..." & ends "...time for new leadership from outside of the Diocese of Austin") was originally made on August 25, a mere week into school and before Open House had even occurred. When I made a comment on August 26 responding to it, that comment was then resubmitted on August 29 to come AFTER mine and AFTER Open House. My August 26 comment (which I didn't realize would be deleted when I tried to update it) basically conveyed that my family has had an excellent overall experience at St. Theresa's over the three years that we've been sending our two children there, from the teachers to the academics to the strong sense of community. Furthermore, after attending Open House, we feel extremely confident in the ability of the new leadership to move the school in a positive direction. I can't help but wonder if many of the negative reviews on this site come from the same few disgruntled parents, particularly if they're not above moving their comments around to discredit subsequent comments that refute them (forcing me to paste the shifting comment into my comment before it's moved again!).

The new year has begun. There is no real "change" in administration because the interim principal has been the vice principal for at least 7 years and made many of the decisions. The interim vice principal has held positions in 2 other Diocese of Austin schools. It is time for new leadership from outside of the Diocese of Austin.

Last modified St. Theresas Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8