Posted September 12, 2014
St. Theresa's has been excellent choice for our family. We have been there for the past six years and have been very pleased. Our children are excelling not only academically but spiritually. They love going to school and are eager to tell us about their day when we pick them up in the afternoon. When our youngest was in PK, he was already rattling off the sight words and thinking through basic addition/subtraction problems. From a spiritual perspective, our children know proper etiquette in church which is clearly evident at mass on Sundays. Overall, STCS has exceeded our expectations. In reading through the reviews and listening to the anecdotal commentary over the past year, there has been some concerns raised regarding the administration. We believe St. Theresa's along with the Diocese are working together to strengthen the leadership at the school. Open House was a testament to that 'new' leadership. It is evident they are trying to partner with the parents. Unfortunately there are a few parents that are unwilling to partner back as stated in the negative reviews posted before school even started. It is a mystery why these families continue to stay if they are that upset.

Posted September 01, 2014
The last comment (which begins "The new year has begun. There is no real "change" in administration..." & ends "...time for new leadership from outside of the Diocese of Austin") was originally made on August 25, a mere week into school and before Open House had even occurred. When I made a comment on August 26 responding to it, that comment was then resubmitted on August 29 to come AFTER mine and AFTER Open House. My August 26 comment (which I didn't realize would be deleted when I tried to update it) basically conveyed that my family has had an excellent overall experience at St. Theresa's over the three years that we've been sending our two children there, from the teachers to the academics to the strong sense of community. Furthermore, after attending Open House, we feel extremely confident in the ability of the new leadership to move the school in a positive direction. I can't help but wonder if many of the negative reviews on this site come from the same few disgruntled parents, particularly if they're not above moving their comments around to discredit subsequent comments that refute them (forcing me to paste the shifting comment into my comment before it's moved again!).

Posted August 29, 2014
The new year has begun. There is no real "change" in administration because the interim principal has been the vice principal for at least 7 years and made many of the decisions. The interim vice principal has held positions in 2 other Diocese of Austin schools. It is time for new leadership from outside of the Diocese of Austin.

Posted August 14, 2014
I have been a part of St. Theresa's parish and school community for 11 years and the new changes in leadership are absolutely a God send. I have an alum and one child presently in school here and have seen the uplifted spirits and joy from the teachers since the new interim Principal and VP have begun their work. I have asked around to different grade level parents and they are also hearing wonderful changes. We are hopeful. It helps that we also have a strong leader in our new Parish Priest. He seems to be supportive of the school in ways we have never had. We are hopeful that our school is on an upward trend in staff and leadership. Thank God my children got in here - I highly recommend St. Theresa's to all families with PreK-8th grade children if you are serious about great teachers and being positive for the school and in the community. God is present at this school.

Posted August 14, 2014
St. Theresa's is an excellent school!! The staff I work with are not only dedicated to their students but they support the mission of the school. I love working there and love not only my fellow faculty members but our parents and students!! I'm so blessed to work in a place where I can talk about God and teach!!!!

Posted August 14, 2014
I am honored to be able to teach at this school! St. Theresa's Catholic School faculty and staff are dedicated to the growth and development of the whole child - faith, academics and interests of our students as well as our wonderful families. I encourage those who are less satisfied to seek clear answers to perceived issues with our outstanding, phenomenal new Principal and Vice Principal team. We are a faith filled, professionally trained, dedicated, supportive staff who love our students and remain vigilant to their successes. I love teaching at STCS and support our faith community. Come take a tour and see.

Posted August 12, 2014
Another teacher leaves! One teacher should have never been hired & dealing with that was a nightmare. We are losing some teachers with very little notice or at the worst times (week before exam or week before major project due). In some cases this has been just plain unprofessional on the teachers part! Some of these teachers have gone to other catholic schools which I think says something about the archdiocese (letting unprofessional exits go from one catholic school to another seems to show you are OK with unprofessional & hurtful actions on students). A teacher goes out with no plan of action, nor notice from administration. Qualified sub was only brought in two days out of almost a full quarter. At this point, the archdiocese needs to look at themselves! Put our money where it counts, in the classrooms! A new building & limitations to its use show you are closed to the students and teachers. We need to know the top is actively keeping, looking & rewarding the BEST educators. Hire great educators for our classrooms & KEEP them, that is what good upper management does! A regrouping is needed & FAST!

Posted May 29, 2014
I'm glad the principal is leaving, but the Vice Principal is a nightmare. She has disciplined children without hearing the child's side of the story or even telling them what the child has done wrong. I do know that the Diocese has had issues with her in the past, but she seems to have survived. Too bad.

Posted May 21, 2014
I am a parent of a First Grader and an incoming PK student. After reading the reviews, I felt compelled to share with you how wonderful we believe St. Theresa's Catholic School is for our children. We have had nothing but an excellent experience at St. Theresa's. My First Grader has had wonderful attentive teachers who have nurtured and challenged her both academically and spiritually in all of her core classes and specials. I have served in various volunteer roles at the school and each time I leave very thankful that my children have the opportunity to be part of this exceptional community of educators and peers. St. Theresa's has a very strong support community consisting of faith filled families with a common goal of ensuring St. Theresa's is the best school we can make it. No school is perfect. St. Theresa's is not an exception. I will say, however, that St. Theresa's strives for excellence and addresses issues appropriately. I encourage you to not only read the reviews but also visit the school if you are interested. I know that you will be pleasantly surprised!

Posted April 20, 2014
The previous post is correct. The technology program is post-poned a year. The administration will probably blame the parents but it was not thought out or secure. Once again, lack of a clear strategy and support ruins a good opportunity for the kids . If anyone in the diocese or PTO read these, please put heavy consideration in removing all current administration/decision makers. They are not collaborative, welcoming or flexible. Instead they blame the parents for being frustrated. Effective leadership goes a long way in resolving issues. We just don't have that in key positions at STCS. I read in an earlier post that private school is a privilege and it is. But most people that go the private school route are hoping to get a better return on their investment than the families are currently getting here.

St. Theresas Catholic School
4311 Small Drive, Austin, TX  78731
Last modified St. Theresas Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Theresas Catholic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top