School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

BCA maintains small student-to-teacher ratios to enhance learning for every child. Individualized and guided instruction provides a student-centered focus in every classroom.
August 22, 2011

Posted July 21, 2014
BCA has been a complete blessing to our family. The teachers and school staff truly love the children and go above and beyond to ensure that they are well educated, loved and schooled in a Christian environment. The new principal is absolutely the best! As a parent you couldn't have asked for a better person to lead this precious school. We have been a part of the BCA family for the past 5 years and would do it all over again if we had too. If you are searching for a truly special, Christian place to send your children for school, please consider BCA...you'll be glad you did!!

Posted May 11, 2014
If you want your child to learn in a loving, Christ-centered environment with good academics, this is the place. I have three kids, and one of them is now moving off to Middle School, she has been there since 1st Grade. My other two have been there since pre-K, and they are now it 3rd and K. I love the teachers and staff.

Bannockburn Christian Academy 4

Posted April 10, 2014
I have 2 children in BCA. They are both highly gifted and performing above grade level in all subjects. BCA has been willing to move my daughter up a grade for math even giving her one on one teaching to do this. The school is really strong in the basics of reading, writing and math! My children have scored at the top in standardized tests taken at BCA. All of this being said, we have loved BCA for the caring, attentive and gentle environment. I have never felt that the staff cared more about uniforms than academics. The uniform policy is simple: khakis and a polo. We buy ours at Target. On the contrary, I have had much love and support from the teachers and the new principal, Mr Cristensen. This man loves God and loves families. He has prayed with us and encouraged us as a partner in educating our children. Finally, one of my children has special needs that will categorize her as special ed in public school. BCA has been a wonderful and gentle place for her. The staff has gone above and beyond to accommodate our needs. We have been extremely blessed to have our children at BCA.

Posted March 25, 2014
The best environment I have found for my child. The school is loving, academically challenging, character building, safe and nurturing. The leadership qualities my child has developed here will help her throughout her life. The new principal is amazing. He has inspired the students to embrace responsibility and leadership and acknowledge God in all that they do in life. The teachers continue to maintain constant contact with families so their child can develop into the best student and person they can become. This school is a true blessing to many wonderful families in Austin.

Posted March 25, 2014
My experience with Bannockburn Christian Academy dates back to its inception. The comments below, which refer to the former principal as lacking in diplomacy & tact, are understandable, especially when one considers the fact that the prior principal was beyond wonderful. We elected to weather the storm knowing that God was in control. We never considered a public school where God is under attack. The slump we experienced at BCA forced us to become more active in supplementing what our child was learning and being more active in her education. God did have a plan and brought us Mr. Christensen. His love for God and people are evident. He is open to suggestion and seeks feedback from parents and the students. He has a servant's heart for God. His love and caring for the children is genuine and priceless. When my child tells me she likes his smile & his laugh & giving him high fives I know where his heart is. When she tells me that her teachers are happy all of the time and take time to pray with the class I've heard all I need to hear to know that it's the best place for my child. The slump forced me to be more engaged as a parent which is a blessing. I recommend BCA for your child.

Posted March 25, 2014
Loving staff, great teachers, and wonderful curriculum. I have all 3 of my children at the school.

Bannockburn Christian Academy 1

Posted August 16, 2012
We attended this school and had to leave for the best interest of our children. The principal is too focused on growing the school instead of being focused on the students that currently attend. Decisions are made that benefit a few students (mainly teachers kids) vs. the good of the entire student body. Poor judgement is used when having guests with political agendas speak at chapel (topics that are not appropriate for elementary kids.) When addressing any issues with the principal she speaks to you in such a condescending manner that you feel like you're 5 again. The teachers are AMAZING but are not given enough resources to teach to kids who are either gifted or struggling. Too legalistic about dress code. The school (not teachers) care more about what my kids are wearing vs. whether or not they're reading at the appropriate level. It may be a convenient and cost-effective option for a private school in South Austin, but if you want to get what you pay for, try another school. This one is too much about growing the school, not growing the students.

Posted February 10, 2012
I have both my children enrolled at BCA and will continue to do so for a multitude of reasons. The main reason is that the Christian environment of love and forgiveness that we teach at home, is presented and actively used in the classroom and school environment. I am thrilled that my children recieve the exact same message for 7 hours a day, that we teach at home. In my experience the teachers have always used Christ as the example when kids are just being kids. And it is done in a loving way. My kids are more excited about Jesus each and every day.

Posted January 05, 2012
We are in our first year with an Elementary student. We previously were at another private school (not in this area) and an exemplary-rated public school. Thus far, we are very happy, and our child looks forward to going to school. If that changes, I'll post a follow up review. I'm not sure why the principal has been bashed ... we are very impressed with her credentials and knowledge. A school needs a strong principal who drives the curriculum as well as recruits new students. Our confidence in her leadership abilities and experience in the standard AISD curriculum was very important to us. My understanding is that this school does not accept special needs children. They do have children of differing abilities (and ours is "average" academically), but they do not accomodate learning disabilities that require special resources. We evaluated all of the other schools in the southwest Austin area before making our choice. Price was a factor (Bannockburn is at the lower end of cost), but we ended up choosing the school on our evaluation of its merits vs. the other schools independent of tuition. Note that we did not choose the school based on religious beliefs.

Posted November 29, 2011
When someone asks our daughter, Reagan, where she goes to school, she proudly says, Bannockburn Christmas Academy. She s only five years old and I don t have the heart to correct her just yet. The other day, after hearing her say it for the hundredth time, I realized Reagan is actually quite right. She does attend an academy where it s always Christmas. Christmas is in the hallways covered in our students artwork. Christmas is in the way our teachers have chosen financial sacrifice to be here, to live out BCA s mission wholeheartedly. Christmas is in music class, it s discovering a new language and it s forming friendships founded on Christ s example to each of us. You know the kindness, the generosity of spirit and the anticipation felt this special time of year? That s found at BCA every time the doors are open because at our school, dedicated Christians lead out the lives Jesus has called them to lead and it shows.

Bannockburn Christian Academy
7100 Brodie Ln, Austin, TX  78745
Last modified Bannockburn Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Bannockburn Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top