Austin, TX

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

BCA maintains small student-to-teacher ratios to enhance learning for every child. Individualized and guided instruction provides a student-centered focus in every classroom.
August 22, 2011

Posted May 20, 2015
We love Bannockburn Christian Academy! Our child just completed his first year there and we loved the teaching, the community, and the small class size. We chose this school because in addition to it being a Christian School, it is accredited, we had heard great things from alumni parents and it was close to our SW Austin home. We have found the teachers and staff to be incredible, even through key transitions in leadership. In addition, our child received some great extra attention because he needed to grow his reading and writing skills and the teacher was very engaged with us as parents to keep us up on his progress. They truly care and are passionate about teaching. I have come to love the community there, it is like a family. Parents are very involved with the school and it is nice to have that feeling that all of us are in this together.

Posted May 11, 2015
We chose Bannockburn Christian Academy (BCA) back in 2011 because we wanted a non-denominational Christian education for our son. We were looking for a school with a small class size and a curriculum that wasn t just teaching kids to pass a standardized test. What we found was more than a great education but a loving, family-like environment. The love of Christ is evident in all the staff. All of my son s teachers have been accessible and respond quickly to email. Communication from them and the principal is well-done using email, Shutterfly website, take-home papers and Facebook. If I can t make it in time to pick up my son he is put into an after school program (Fit Kids) on campus for $10/hour and no advance reservation is required. It provides great peace of mind when I am running late. Several days a week there are after-school clubs like Spanish, chess and soccer. Tuition is one of the least expensive in SW Austin for a private Christian education. Even the location is convenient. I highly recommend BCA. We are very blessed to be a part of this family.

Posted January 13, 2015
This has been the right school for our child. She has been attending since Kinder and currently in 2nd grade. This is a wonderful school with terrific teachers and administrative staff. I am so greatful for her positive experience. Score 10+++

Posted December 01, 2014
Bannockburn Christian Academy is an AMAZING school. My family has been here for two years and we love the family and Christ centered values the school reinforces. The principal and the entire staff are wonderful leaders and they are truly focused on the kids. We are so happy to be a part of this school and would highly encourage other families to visit this school.

Posted July 21, 2014
BCA has been a complete blessing to our family. The teachers and school staff truly love the children and go above and beyond to ensure that they are well educated, loved and schooled in a Christian environment. The new principal is absolutely the best! As a parent you couldn't have asked for a better person to lead this precious school. We have been a part of the BCA family for the past 5 years and would do it all over again if we had too. If you are searching for a truly special, Christian place to send your children for school, please consider BCA...you'll be glad you did!!

Posted May 11, 2014
If you want your child to learn in a loving, Christ-centered environment with good academics, this is the place. I have three kids, and one of them is now moving off to Middle School, she has been there since 1st Grade. My other two have been there since pre-K, and they are now it 3rd and K. I love the teachers and staff.

Bannockburn Christian Academy 4

Posted April 10, 2014
I have 2 children in BCA. They are both highly gifted and performing above grade level in all subjects. BCA has been willing to move my daughter up a grade for math even giving her one on one teaching to do this. The school is really strong in the basics of reading, writing and math! My children have scored at the top in standardized tests taken at BCA. All of this being said, we have loved BCA for the caring, attentive and gentle environment. I have never felt that the staff cared more about uniforms than academics. The uniform policy is simple: khakis and a polo. We buy ours at Target. On the contrary, I have had much love and support from the teachers and the new principal, Mr Cristensen. This man loves God and loves families. He has prayed with us and encouraged us as a partner in educating our children. Finally, one of my children has special needs that will categorize her as special ed in public school. BCA has been a wonderful and gentle place for her. The staff has gone above and beyond to accommodate our needs. We have been extremely blessed to have our children at BCA.

Posted March 25, 2014
The best environment I have found for my child. The school is loving, academically challenging, character building, safe and nurturing. The leadership qualities my child has developed here will help her throughout her life. The new principal is amazing. He has inspired the students to embrace responsibility and leadership and acknowledge God in all that they do in life. The teachers continue to maintain constant contact with families so their child can develop into the best student and person they can become. This school is a true blessing to many wonderful families in Austin.

Posted March 25, 2014
My experience with Bannockburn Christian Academy dates back to its inception. The comments below, which refer to the former principal as lacking in diplomacy & tact, are understandable, especially when one considers the fact that the prior principal was beyond wonderful. We elected to weather the storm knowing that God was in control. We never considered a public school where God is under attack. The slump we experienced at BCA forced us to become more active in supplementing what our child was learning and being more active in her education. God did have a plan and brought us Mr. Christensen. His love for God and people are evident. He is open to suggestion and seeks feedback from parents and the students. He has a servant's heart for God. His love and caring for the children is genuine and priceless. When my child tells me she likes his smile & his laugh & giving him high fives I know where his heart is. When she tells me that her teachers are happy all of the time and take time to pray with the class I've heard all I need to hear to know that it's the best place for my child. The slump forced me to be more engaged as a parent which is a blessing. I recommend BCA for your child.

Posted March 25, 2014
Loving staff, great teachers, and wonderful curriculum. I have all 3 of my children at the school.

Bannockburn Christian Academy
7100 Brodie Ln, Austin, TX  78745
Last modified Bannockburn Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Bannockburn Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top