Austin, TX

Posted December 19, 2014
We have been at The Children's School for 3 years now, and it has been fantastic. I love seeing my children so excited about learning new things, loving their teachers, and talking about all their friends. I will be very sad when it's time to leave.

Posted June 28, 2013
We have two children at The Children's School and couldn't be more pleased. After experiencing another, more ridged, Montessori program, we really like the blend of Montessori materials and educational pragmatism at TCS. Overlook the shabby building and pay attention to what really counts: small classes, experienced teachers, and responsive, hands-on administration. Putting in a special plus for the K-2 program: if you are worried about your child getting overlooked in a larger school/class, think about keeping them in a private, Montessori environment a bit longer. They will still get art, music, Spanish and PE, their math and reading skills will rock, and you'll love to see the strong bond they have with their teachers. Plus, science fair, international night and other special events will blow you away.

Posted June 09, 2011
Our daughter has been in this school since she was 3 and we've been very happy with the care and education she received. The facility is pretty old and looks a little run-down. But if you are willing to see beyond the surface you'll find very dedicated stuff, nurturing environments and a rich program. My daughter is allowed to grow at her own pace and to her full potentials. At the same time her teachers also have in mind the whole curriculum and encourage her learning in subjects that are not favorite. We think this is one of the major advantages of this school vs some other more rigid Montessori schools. Our daughter has thrived in this environment and is a very well balanced child emotionally and academically. The school really puts the children's interests first and is very willing to listen to and work with parents. Their open-door policy allows us to observe the classrooms anytime we want to, unlike some other schools we've checked out. We highly recommend this school.

Posted November 18, 2010
As soon as I walked in a classroom I was so impressed with the teaching that they are giving their students. If you want your child to be ahead of the game, this school is definitely it! My daughter loves going to school, and I am always eager to see what she has learned! The teacher's are caring to them and very lovable. Cannot say that about the previous school's I had enrolled my daughter in. I am very happy to have found this neat place of love for my daughter!

Posted June 14, 2010
This is a strong learning environment. My child attended for four years and was very happy at TCS where they prepared her well for the rest of her educational experience. Her reading skills were exceptional and her math skills always well above grade level but the most important thing was the confidence she has had as a learner and leader.

Posted April 14, 2010
Both my sons were students at the school for 4 years and we had a great experience for both of them. My oldest is gifted but was truly thriving there. All the staff is wonderful. I would recommend it without hesitation. A real gem!

Posted August 27, 2009

Posted June 18, 2009
The Children's School has been wonderful for our family. The school does not look impressive when you first see it, but once you enter any classroom, you will find that each one is very spacious and well-equipped with Montessori and other developmental materials. The level of work is more advanced than other schools I have seen. The teachers are very caring and qualified and the children learn a lot of math, science, geography, history, etc. at a very young age. The after-school care program is also good. My children have attended the school for the past four years, and I am very happy with it. They consistently score 1-2 grade levels above their own grade level in the Iowa Test of Basic skills, which the school administers to all its students from first grade onwards. That is true of many of the students at that school. I highly recommend it.

Posted November 19, 2008
The Children's School is an absolute treasure. My son is happy for the fist time in a long time and he is learning at an accelerated rate. When I walk into the classroom I am amazed at how peaceful and calm it is. The teachers are wonderful and the class age range is representative of Montessori.

Posted June 24, 2008
I am honored to be part of the Childrens School community. If one wants to truly see what this school is all about come and observe the classrooms. The children and staff are happy and it shows throughout each classroom. This school has been around for a long time and there is a reason for this-a strong community and the joy of teaching from staff. I am proud to be part of TCS!

The Children's School