439 students|Wayside Schools

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 10, 2016
There is a good amount of HW that is sent home. There is not too much to make it feel overwhelming for the children, but still enough for us as parents to know what our kids are working on.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2016
My daughter feels safe and secure at this school. She not only gives respect to teachers because she feels its the "right thing to do" but instead she does it because they've earned her trust and she feels like they really care about her.

Eden Park Academy 5

Posted August 10, 2016
So many negative comments made me feel leery enrolling my child at EP, however super glad that I did. Although, we haven't been there that long so far I only have positive things to say about this school. The teachers are not only kind and loving to the kids, but they also do not shy away from keeping them in line and keeping things organized. When I walk into the gym in the morning the kids are well behaved and sitting quietly waiting for their teachers to get them, this is quite a shock from the last school we were at - it was total craziness there!! My child is excited to go in the mornings and feels challenged with the curriculum without it being too difficult. Coming from a not so great school last year, EP is a breath of fresh air. Also after meeting the Principal and seeing her interact with the children, I find her not only kind but also a very caring educator and leader. She runs a tight ship but does so with kindness and empathy - what ever child needs to succeed!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 27, 2016
They only care about state test, and how the district looks. They seem to only be in educations for money for the Upper Administration.

Posted May 27, 2016
Why have some many teachers left the school this year, 10 or more. The current Principal is a joke. Students do not always get the services required by the state. My son says the Principal feels like she does not care about the students.

Posted May 20, 2016
Principal is awful! Treats staff horribly and kids just as bad. Eden Park used to be a great school now it is a sinking ship. Do not send you child there unless you want your child to feel awful about themselves

Posted April 20, 2016
Eden Park has been a great school up until this year for my kids. Since they have become a part of a "district" it has gone downhill quickly. They are a smaller "district" who are trying to compare themselves with larger ones yet administration does not know how to utilize the programs that they have tried to implement. Communication between administration and parents is awful For example, what school completely cuts their computer program in this day and age without informing patents? They have a very high turn over of staff during the school year and sadly the students are ones getting hurt. Adminstration is not friendly to teachers or parents. It seems like administration is only concerned about how the school makes them look and not themselves

Eden Park Academy 5

Posted August 30, 2015
My son - a sweet boy who charms everyone, had been falling behind in public school. Teachers just didn't have time to deal with a well-behaved, moderate-achiever. At Eden Park, teachers listened to my concerns and took them seriously. Intervention and tutoring followed, and within one year he gained more than two grade levels. I can't say enough good things about Eden Park. We LOVE it!

Posted August 05, 2015
We are done. Moving on to AISD. The icing on the cake was this was the second year the teacher we wanted and were assigned to left before the school year started. We stuck it out last year - but when the replacement teacher hired to replace our requested, wanted, very good teacher this year was found to NOT be qualified, that was it. This school has had four principals in four years. EPA has lost all of its good teachers to AISD. (Rats jumping ship comes to mind) The quality of the education is NOT exemplary; it is sub-standard. Our local AISD school has higher scores than EPA - we wanted to try out the promised IB curriculum but its not coming in for real until our child is in the 6th grade. A day late and a dollar short. DO NOT ENROLL IN THIS SCHOOL. It used to be exemplary, but now with all the changes to staff and the curriculum, it performs as just what it is- average. I cannot stress enough how much we wanted to love this place, but our child's education is just too important to keep waiting for promises. The only good thing I can say it that the other parents are pretty groovy, trying to keep that south Austin weird vibe going. But with the incorporation of EPA into Wayside Schools ( a corporation hidden in the guise of a charter school entity) EPA has lost all of its unique charm. We cannot take the risk that our child fall so behind she cannot keep up with regular students in AISD. Take my advice, if you are zoned to a lesser AISD elementary school get a transfer to one that is higher ranked and stay away from EPA.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted August 05, 2015
The good ones are jumping ship. Leaving in the school year. The ones hired to replace them are not even qualified to teach. Glorified substitutes who will take lesser pay for a job.

6215 Manchaca Road, Austin, TX  78745
Last modified Eden Park Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.