Public charter
Austin, TX

Posted February 25, 2015
My son started here last year in Kindergarten with Mrs. Garcia and is currently in 1st grade with Mrs. Chester. Our experience has been amazing. My son started encountering setbacks academically in kindergarten. Mrs. Garcia was supportive and encouraging as she helped him to reach his potential. She worked with him outside of regular class time and gave me suggestions on how to help him at home. Her positive attitude with her nurturing personality was an obvious plus. Here we are in 1st grade and he seemed to "stall" again. While my son is a hard worker he just seemed to have trouble retaining some information and then had trouble applying it. Mrs. Chester has been another godsend! While working with him at school she recomended a speech/language assessment. What I considered to be a minor articulation impairment, turned out to be multiple language impairments including receptive languahe. Both of his teachers have stood beside me through his setbacks and helped to guide him toward successes. The entire EPA community including the parents are extremely supportive.

Posted February 24, 2015
Eden Park Academy is a breath of fresh air. My shy son thrives socially, emotionally, and academically. He doesn't know just the kids in his class (20 or less), or even the kids in his grade (60 or less). He seems to know most of the children in the school. My outgoing boy in kindergarten has a 6th grade reading buddy he adores. The community is rich in this way. Teachers knows all the students, students know all the teachers, families are ever present to volunteer, help one another, and just enjoy the atmosphere. It is magnificent to watch the interactions across age and grade level, genders, roles, and socioeconomic status. This is what makes Eden Park special. And this allows the teachers to do their jobs better as well. They know my kids very well (and genuinely seem to care about them). They know they can reach out to parents for support. They communicate in depth about our children on a daily basis- not just twice a year in a required conference. My family is so glad we found EPA; it is a wonderful village to raise your children in.

Posted February 24, 2015
This is our second year at EPA and we have two kids enrolled this year -- one is in kinder and one in third ~ we absolutely love it especially the kindergarten program. It was a tough first month getting our youngster to focus and start going to school on a regular full-time basis (he was a VERY part time Pre-K-er before) but once it "clicked" he started to really thrive! Now he loves going to school, he is learning so much, and adores his wonderful teacher. The two main reasons we really enjoy the school are (one) the parent involvement -- even the full time working parents manage to stay involved -- and (two) is that the teachers don't just teach to the state test -- they push the students (in a healthy way) to go beyond just what needs to be done and to learn at their level. I highly recommend EPA!

Posted February 23, 2015
We have daughters in 4th and Kinder. They adore their teachers, the school and their peers. Moving from a "public" school to EPA has been the perfect positive influence in our children's lives and ours. EPA feels like an extension of our family and we couldn't be happier with the level of education our girls are receiving.

Eden Park Academy 1

Posted February 17, 2015
I was so happy when my girls started school in Eden Park, but when my youngest daughter started having problem the school just turn horrible. I must say that in any way I justified the bad behavior of my child but during a time the she was send to the principal office she try to run out (from the principal office) and the principal try to stop her. She try to bite the principal (which is unacceptable). I was call and went to pick her up. They told me she had touch someone inappropriately and the episode that she ran, try to bite.(from the office). When I was taking my child home I got really worried about the "inappropriately touching" so I call and wanted a explanation. I was told that she was touching a boy in the face and that he did not like it, after that I was told (regarding trying to bite) that "they could have call the cops and press charges" I was stun about the comment of the principal assistant. We try to make it work but the school was not willing. DID I MENTION THAT MY CHILD IN 5 YEARS OLD??? well this is what we got from EPA. If your child do not fit the box, don't even try it....No she is going to AISD doing great! Katia proud mother of Nina.

Posted October 07, 2014
I have been a teacher for many years, and Eden Park Academy is the best school I have ever had the privilege to be a part of. The teachers, administrators, office staff and parents truly care about the kids. Eden Park students are so happy to be there that they literally run when they get to school in the mornings, with big smiles and excited faces. I highly recommend Eden Park to anyone who wants the best educational experience for their child.

Eden Park Academy 1

Posted October 06, 2014
I just got an email of acceptance for my child! Is this not a good decision?

Eden Park Academy 3

Posted August 25, 2014
I cannot speak directly to EPA, however in regards to something the previous poster mentioned Wayside is NOT teaching to the "test". My daughter is in 4th grade at REAL Learning Academy, part of the Wayside School District, and she is being allowed to do 5th grade math, because that is where she is with her skills in Math. They are not forcing her to stay with only what the kids in her grade are doing, but they are actively helping her keep growing and not be stagnate with her learning. So I am sorry if EPA feels that their kids are being forced to do things this year that they didn't have to last year and that it seems to be teaching more to the STAAR test, but from my experience at REAL that is just not the case. They are still open to working with kids at whatever level they are on. A child who is above average WILL NOT be dumbed down at REAL.

Eden Park Academy 2

Posted August 08, 2014
Totally agree with the last reviewer. EPA is not a Wayside school, but it is. And our very close knit community is now being broken by a corporate entity beholden to grant specifications. For three years our child has attended this school and for three years they have changed the time schedule forcing working parents to scramble each year to arrange different sources of childcare. And each year we are offered a different excuse. Now we have early dismissal at 1:30pm on Wednesday. And to top it off, they have changed the curriculum to be much more math heavy in all grades, just because one of the other schools in Wayside got low Math scores on the 'test'. They are teaching to the' test', no matter what they say. If you have a child who is above average - THEY WILL BE DUMBED DOWN. But the community is trying to adapt and stay close knit. The other parents are wonderful and the teachers are very good, but you can only do so much. We are pulling our child out after next year if this 'new' incoming principal cannot change things. All in all, you would be better off in AISD at this point. Its a shame too, because before EPA became a Wayside school -it was exceptional.

Eden Park Academy 3

Posted August 07, 2014
EPA rocked last year! Then we lost the best part of the school the principal. Now we have an acting principal and she's not approachable. I don't know why EPA was taken over with Wayside but I wish we could disown them. Put EPA as it was. The parents are not as close, the changes make me sick to my stomach and most the parents I talk to give it two years and if it doesn't improve we are pulling our kids from the school. Last year I gave it 5 stars and I give it 3 now just for hope. Wish the admin would listen to the parents and we the parents would get to vote if we want these changes or not. Do not like not being listened to and do not like being treated like they could care less. It is still better than AISD. But Robinson needs to GO FAR FAR away!
4 people found this helpful

Eden Park Academy
6215 Manchaca Road, Austin, TX  78745
Last modified Eden Park Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eden Park Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top