Posted October 07, 2014
I have been a teacher for many years, and Eden Park Academy is the best school I have ever had the privilege to be a part of. The teachers, administrators, office staff and parents truly care about the kids. Eden Park students are so happy to be there that they literally run when they get to school in the mornings, with big smiles and excited faces. I highly recommend Eden Park to anyone who wants the best educational experience for their child.

Eden Park Academy 1

Posted October 06, 2014
I just got an email of acceptance for my child! Is this not a good decision?

Eden Park Academy 3

Posted August 25, 2014
I cannot speak directly to EPA, however in regards to something the previous poster mentioned Wayside is NOT teaching to the "test". My daughter is in 4th grade at REAL Learning Academy, part of the Wayside School District, and she is being allowed to do 5th grade math, because that is where she is with her skills in Math. They are not forcing her to stay with only what the kids in her grade are doing, but they are actively helping her keep growing and not be stagnate with her learning. So I am sorry if EPA feels that their kids are being forced to do things this year that they didn't have to last year and that it seems to be teaching more to the STAAR test, but from my experience at REAL that is just not the case. They are still open to working with kids at whatever level they are on. A child who is above average WILL NOT be dumbed down at REAL.

Eden Park Academy 2

Posted August 08, 2014
Totally agree with the last reviewer. EPA is not a Wayside school, but it is. And our very close knit community is now being broken by a corporate entity beholden to grant specifications. For three years our child has attended this school and for three years they have changed the time schedule forcing working parents to scramble each year to arrange different sources of childcare. And each year we are offered a different excuse. Now we have early dismissal at 1:30pm on Wednesday. And to top it off, they have changed the curriculum to be much more math heavy in all grades, just because one of the other schools in Wayside got low Math scores on the 'test'. They are teaching to the' test', no matter what they say. If you have a child who is above average - THEY WILL BE DUMBED DOWN. But the community is trying to adapt and stay close knit. The other parents are wonderful and the teachers are very good, but you can only do so much. We are pulling our child out after next year if this 'new' incoming principal cannot change things. All in all, you would be better off in AISD at this point. Its a shame too, because before EPA became a Wayside school -it was exceptional.

Eden Park Academy 3

Posted August 07, 2014
EPA rocked last year! Then we lost the best part of the school the principal. Now we have an acting principal and she's not approachable. I don't know why EPA was taken over with Wayside but I wish we could disown them. Put EPA as it was. The parents are not as close, the changes make me sick to my stomach and most the parents I talk to give it two years and if it doesn't improve we are pulling our kids from the school. Last year I gave it 5 stars and I give it 3 now just for hope. Wish the admin would listen to the parents and we the parents would get to vote if we want these changes or not. Do not like not being listened to and do not like being treated like they could care less. It is still better than AISD. But Robinson needs to GO FAR FAR away!

Posted June 05, 2014
This school is very good. I have not had an issues what so ever. It has been a great transition from AISD to a charter school.

Posted April 28, 2014
Eden park has being the best school for my kids . They are getting the help they need the teachers are great and they love teaching.

Posted March 26, 2014
I am very satisfied with this school. Two years in and the teachers are very involved and committed, the principal and administrative staff are very responsive and great, and the community feel created by very involved and supportive parents is wonderful!

Eden Park Academy 2

Posted February 28, 2014
I pulled my kid from this school. Three years things went great. The schools expansion has changed the core values of this school. The fact that they got a CEO who makes more than a school of this type should ever make is part of the problem. They expect all the kids to look the same and get the same out of a system that says they teach to multiple intelligences (but fall far from that). The school was a great place one time. Ask kids who have returned to AISD from leaving here and find out how far behind the kids at EPA really are... Anyway, beware - it is not the school it was three years ago!

Posted October 30, 2013
my daughter attends the pre-k 3 program at this school. It has been wonderful. She loves it, looks forward to it everyday . The teachers are wonderful, the class as a whole has made substantial progress since the beginning of the year. I put her in it so that she would get structure and socialization and it has proven to do both. I look forward to many happy years there.

Eden Park Academy
6215 Manchaca Road, Austin, TX  78745
Last modified Eden Park Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eden Park Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top