Posted August 19, 2014
My child has attended Pre-K at Our Savior for the past two years and is now starting Kindergarten this year. We are so pleased with the new teachers and the new Headmaster, Pastor Borchers. You can see that there are a lot of changes happening and that not only is the staff excited but the so are the parents with one of the largest PTO's groups in many years. Great things are happening this year!

Our Savior Lutheran School 1

Posted August 11, 2014
This school is slowing dying. We had our children here for many years and were happy but over the last few years it has gotten unbearable. I blame this in a large part to the past two principles OSL has had and to their school board for not reacting to trouble and complaints with a fast firm hand. We decided last spring that we would not re-enroll our children and begin looking for another school. My wife and I like small class sizes but when your kindergarten and 1st grade class combined together have less than 10 children; your 2nd and 3rd grade class combined together only has 3 students; and your 4th and 5th grade class only has 8 students and your continually losing good families b/c your administration is desparte to keep families, so behavioral problems become an issue it is sad. Watching some of the really good dedicated staff suffer through this was agonizing. There are a few very good, dedicated young teachers here but the rest, the majority are either to scared of change or unwilling to change for this place to be what in needs to be successful. We hate that we have to remove our children but our children's education is on the line here and we have to put that first.

Posted August 05, 2014
We love Our Savior Lutheran School! The teachers are attentive and amazing. Our son loves going to school everyday. He runs down the hall to get to class. Everybody takes care of everybody and knows one another. Field trips are well thought out and educational. We have a son that completed kinder and a son that completed pre-k 3. It has been awesome that we can drop both boys off and pick up at the same time. There is a before & after school care drop in, that is flexible and wonderful when you need it. We would highly recommend OSL for a child's education.

Posted July 13, 2014
My kids went to OSL and now my grandkids are going there. God is working in this place. It is amazing to see how the student's lives are being transformed.

Posted July 08, 2014
My grand daughter attends school here, and loves it! We have seen her gain confidence in her abilities, and a true enthusiasm for learning. She cannot wait till school is back in session; she misses her friends and teachers. The PTO is great, as is the small class size, ensuring individualized attention. Keep up the good work!

Posted December 05, 2012
Having attended OSL from Pre-K through 5th grade, I know first hand how dedicated and caring the faculty and staff are to the students. A truly wonderful experience that I could never forget. Thanks OSL!

Posted December 04, 2012
When my children are in the care of OSL school/childcare, I know they are being respected, nurtured, attended to, educated the right way, and, maybe most importantly, safe. When I pick up my children in the afternoon, they are smiling and happy. They have truly enjoyed their day and are at peace, which is a treasure. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. It is a place where you find very well educated and experienced teachers who have been in one place for a long time. They do not exceed certain student/teacher ratios, which allows for efficacious instruction. It is a private Christian school and they do, of course, teach their beliefs, but are not overbearing with it. It has a positive effect on my children and they seemed balanced with it all. Their later start and dismissal times work toward my advantage. I would have to pay after school care with a public school. I will never forget the feeling that I had the first day I visited OSL. Everything felt right about it. I trusted my instincts and they were spot on! I carry that same feeling with me now, several years after my initial visit. Trust me. If you place your children in this school, you will NOT be disappointed.

Posted November 30, 2012
My 4 yr old daughter loves going to school here. She's been going here ever since she was a year old. Their mission is teaching children the love of Christ while offering a competitive academic program. I believe OSL is doing a wonderful job of laying a solid foundation in my daughter's character and academic career. I believe one of the differences here is in the little things and the extra things the teachers have time to plan and do since the student teacher ratio is lower. I love that the teacher greets her warmly and makes her feel welcome. I love that I'm not the only one that thinks she's the most important thing there. I love when she is all excited about a cool space planetarium that came to visit their school or the garden they tend. It's these extra things that excite her that get me excited about the school. The teachers here believe they are on a mission to reach each child for Jesus and inspire a love for learning. Even the principal has a servant heart and the children love him. He makes them laugh and finds ways to bring joy to their day. He stays involved with their activities and leads them in chapel time. He's a great role model and leader for the school.

Posted November 29, 2012
Small classes, motivated and caring teachers, and convienient location. Many of the parents are involved with the PTO. There is a well-tended garden that the students participate in. A safe learning environment. Christian education and reasonable tuition. Our child has been at Our Savior (OSL) for three years and she is doing very well. Her favorite subjects are science and the gardening time--recess too! ;) We appreciate the loving teachers and smaller class sizes. The teachers work with us for any extra attention she needs. Our daughter reads above her grade level. Her math homework is challenging. She will stay at OSL all the way through.

Posted June 07, 2011
My daughter just finished 1st grade at OSL and I could not have asked for a better teacher. I appreciated the extra attention she received as there were only 10 in her class. The teacher has a special relationship with all of her students. She also has special events for the children, such as Author Parties when the children get to read their written and illustrated books to parents and classmates. I felt I could always talk to the teacher with any concerns and she was always happy and willing to listen. As my daughter enters the 2nd grade I am most confident in her future teacher also, she comes highly qualified. One thing my daughter is looking forward to is growing, taking care of and tasting the yields of the garden. Most importantly, my daughter is being taught to love and serve our Lord Jesus Christ. I highly recommend Our Savior Lutheran School.

Our Savior Lutheran School
1513 East Yager Lane, Austin, TX  78753
Last modified Our Savior Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Our Savior Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top