PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

My child has attended Pre-K at Our Savior for the past two years and is now starting Kindergarten this year. We are so pleased with the new teachers and the new Headmaster, Pastor Borchers. You can see that there are a lot of changes happening and that not only is the staff excited but the so are the parents with one of the largest PTO's groups in many years. Great things are happening this year! UPDATE: The school has been re-structured as an Early Childhood Education Center focusing on Infants-Kindergarten and adding STEAM curriculum and Kindermusik. Great changes!

I am writing this review because it may aid in helping parents AVOID having an experience like we had at Our Savior Lutheran Summer Camp. In a brief summary, I felt that Our Savior Lutheran Summer Camp had poorly trained staff, were unorganized, understaffed and also not following through with standard incident reporting procedures required by childcare facilities that are registered with the state. It is because of these things that I ultimately made my decision to remove my child from their care after only 3 weeks. I would definitely NOT RECOMMEND anyone bringing their child here for care. My detailed experience can be found on Yelp.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It was obvious that they were unable to consistently invoke the respect needed to control a classroom. This is mostly likely due to lack of organization and constant changing of staff that was supervising kids.

Amount of homework: no rating

It was summer camp so there was no homework. I cannot comment on this subject.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My child experienced multiple incidents of bullying (both physical and verbal) from the same two children, whose parent is a staff member. The Education Director claimed they were correcting this behavior, but my child still was being bullied on a weekly basis.

This school is slowing dying. We had our children here for many years and were happy but over the last few years it has gotten unbearable. I blame this in a large part to the past two principles OSL has had and to their school board for not reacting to trouble and complaints with a fast firm hand. We decided last spring that we would not re-enroll our children and begin looking for another school. My wife and I like small class sizes but when your kindergarten and 1st grade class combined together have less than 10 children; your 2nd and 3rd grade class combined together only has 3 students; and your 4th and 5th grade class only has 8 students and your continually losing good families b/c your administration is desparte to keep families, so behavioral problems become an issue it is sad. Watching some of the really good dedicated staff suffer through this was agonizing. There are a few very good, dedicated young teachers here but the rest, the majority are either to scared of change or unwilling to change for this place to be what in needs to be successful. We hate that we have to remove our children but our children's education is on the line here and we have to put that first.

We love Our Savior Lutheran School! The teachers are attentive and amazing. Our son loves going to school everyday. He runs down the hall to get to class. Everybody takes care of everybody and knows one another. Field trips are well thought out and educational. We have a son that completed kinder and a son that completed pre-k 3. It has been awesome that we can drop both boys off and pick up at the same time. There is a before & after school care drop in, that is flexible and wonderful when you need it. We would highly recommend OSL for a child's education.

My kids went to OSL and now my grandkids are going there. God is working in this place. It is amazing to see how the student's lives are being transformed.

My grand daughter attends school here, and loves it! We have seen her gain confidence in her abilities, and a true enthusiasm for learning. She cannot wait till school is back in session; she misses her friends and teachers. The PTO is great, as is the small class size, ensuring individualized attention. Keep up the good work!

Having attended OSL from Pre-K through 5th grade, I know first hand how dedicated and caring the faculty and staff are to the students. A truly wonderful experience that I could never forget. Thanks OSL!

Last modified Our Savior Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5