Austin, TX

Paragon Prep Middle School 3

Posted October 17, 2014
My two sons attended Paragon grades 5-8 & had overall a good to very good experience, but the school's trend has been downward. There are some excellent teachers who are really knowledgeable, highly motivated, and very skilled at conveying the material and stimulating interest. Other teachers, however, do not nearly reach that level & have difficulty guaranteeing a good learning environment. The biggest problem is the principal, who is rather unpleasant to deal with and unreceptive to parental feedback. E.g., one year he suddenly reduced Latin instruction by 40% (from 5 to a mere 3 days per week). Most problematically, he has expanded the school so much that quality standards seem to have suffered and that logistic problems for kids and parents abound. So at this point, I am not sure I would enroll my kids there.

Posted September 11, 2014
Both out kids go to paragon for the last 4 years ... we love the school, teachers, mix of sports, art and of course academics. This is our extended family!

Posted April 02, 2012
I am a graduate of this school, so I have first hand experience with it. I have been to only top-tier schools across the US and Europe for my education, and Paragon stands far above the rest. I say this because Paragon has several qualities which other institutions, despite their size and resources, simply lack. Paragon cares about its students. It's small, you get to know the teachers, and the students very personally. They are like family, nothing more and nothing less. Small class sizes also mean more individual attention, and can correct deficiencies much more quickly. Paragon is academically exceptional. Many of the teachers have Masters degrees in whatever subject they are teaching. They are among the best for the money. Paragon competes with schools in many competitions, and wins. For example, the school competes in the intrastate challenge called the PSIA and regularly ranks highly (3rd when I graduated). Considering the school size, and the size of Texas, the feat is nothing less than astonishing. Paragon is not just the best value for money, it is the best. I will send my children here if I end up in Austin, TX.

Posted March 06, 2012
Our third grader is extremely happy here. Paragon is known for creating an atmosphere in which students thrive both academically and socially. We are certainly reaping the benefits of their approach. Our son looks forward to school each day. He is adequately challenged and excited about new subjects and topics on a daily basis. The teachers are the best. The passion that each educator, from administration to special areas, has about teaching shines through. Something magical is happening here, and we feel lucky to be involved.

Posted February 29, 2012
Great school. Our son is doing so well and learning so much. The staff is the best we've ever seen

Posted January 10, 2012
I love my school! I am challenged everyday and the teachers are awesome. It's like the whole school is one big family.

Posted February 18, 2010
It is hard to put into words how much I love my school, but I'm going to try. Paragon offers an experience like no other. With its small, family-like environment, it is perfect for the changes that we go through during middle school. At Paragon, I have the best friends and teachers that are possible. I'm very thankful to be a part of this school.

Posted December 24, 2009
We currently have our 3rd child going through Paragon it 100% lives up to its promise to prepare students socially and academically for the rigors of high school. Our oldest went through Paragon and is now at AISD s magnet math/science academy. Whereas some of his 9th grade peers are stressed and tanking, he is making straight A s in all pre-AP classes. Paragon stretches its students, helps to instill a strong work ethic, and focuses on getting them organized and motivated to succeed and make the transition into high school very smooth. Its graduates get high school credit for Latin 1 and Algebra 1 (7th) and Latin 2 and Geometry (8TH) as well as extras such as health and speech. Extracurriculars include Certamen, Math Counts, AIPL sports and more. We couldn t be more thrilled with our experiences at Paragon. We are forever grateful--go Knights!

Posted November 15, 2009
Paragon is the best little school in Texas. Don't let the little fool you - that is what makes it BIG. Every teacher knows every student by name. It all begins in 5th grade with Mr. Cash - the best teacher in Texas. All the other teachers are very good too. The best part of Paragon is you get a great education with values and have some fun along the way. If you don't want to work - don't bother coming here - it is good -not easy. It is the best investment we have ever made.

Posted September 19, 2009
This is the best school ever. There is the perfect balance between Working and playing. The teachers actually care about my education. It's Awesome.

Paragon Prep Middle School
2001 West Koenig Lane, Austin, TX  78756
Last modified Paragon Prep Middle School is a Private school that serves grades 3-8
Paragon Prep Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top