K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The staff is very enthusiastic and caring and try really hard to be sure each child is reached. I really enjoy going to Very Important Person Day and watching the children demonstrate their skills to the people who love them. They also have a day where they show and demonstrate their projects and learning. It is a pleasure watching the children blossom

Amount of homework: no rating

I can only go by my granddaughter who is a procrastinator. Sometimes she has a lot, sometimes she gets a lot done at school.

Develops character: Agree

I cannot say this is true for every child at the school but I can certainly say this about the children I know well

The school has a warm atmosphere and the kids learn very energetically. I love the various projects, art projects, and trips that they take. Each time they come back from a trip , you can see the growth that has occurred in the new independence and confidence that they have developed. The kids have wonderful relationships with the teachers and with each other.

We completely unsatisfied from this school. it is cost a lot but give not so much. first, if there is some bullying or social issues, the school deal with this with unprofessional way. second, there is some good teacher, but there is also very bad teachers that do not teach and do not encouraging to learn. we are very disappointed. especially because there is no way to communicate with them. third, there is no way to compare between the scores of this school to another schools, so you can never know what is the academic level, compare to other schools. private or public. and it is kind of problem.

My older son was there for 4 years, my younger for 2. I do not recommend AJA. My younger son finished 1st grade still not knowing how to read (he was not the only one out of 12 students). We had him tested by the public school once he started 2nd grade. According to AISD, my son was at Kindergarten level when he entered their school meaning that he left 1st grade at the same level he entered, even though AJA provided him assistance with reading - 3 times a week. According to AISD, and another place I took him for testing, he lacked the basic skills required to read, things that are normally taught in 1st grade. As soon as he left AJA, with some basic instruction on how to read, my son s reading skill improved tremendously in ONE month. When I confronted AJA regarding those issues, their response: Every child learns at a different pace . It is no wonder that several of the students left that class after 1st grade. Also, we were not happy with the Hebrew lessons. I can t say that my sons learned much. Both my boys are much happier now at the public school, for many reasons. Don t waste your money!!!

I am so very happy to have my children attend the AJA. Teachers are amazing, support staff wonderful, great leadership. Everyone working together to provide an all around great learning environment for children.

This school does the most important job of all -- infusing a love of learning in the kids. Great project-based education that nurtures the whole child. I have two kids here and couldn't imagine sending them anywhere else!

*cont I've never experienced a school office team as warm and as loving as AJA's. They are there for us 110% and always make sure we have everything we need to make our days productive. I couldn't possibly overstate all of the positive things I feel about being a part of the AJA community. I believe if you take a tour of our school, you will definitely experience the charm and warmth and educational excellence that AJA offers. Once you do, you will be able to fully understand why I feel this is such a magical school.

As I complete my third year teaching at AJA I feel that words cannot truly express how much I enjoy working here. As I enter my classroom each morning, I feel extremely honored and lucky to be teaching here. Not only do I have a small class size, where I can focus on each child's individual needs, I also feel supported by the entire staff and by the parents. AJA is a tight-knit community that feels as if I'm spending time with close family members on a daily basis. Teachers know the names of other students in the school, even if they have not taught them. Parents donate crafts and books to teachers, even when their children aren't in the class. Jenny Tubbs, our school principal, is a strong leader and is honestly the best administrator I've ever worked with. She is intelligent, eloquent, supportive, kind, understanding and loving. The parents, staff and children all adore her. *cont

Last modified Austin Jewish Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8