K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 18, 2015
The staff is very enthusiastic and caring and try really hard to be sure each child is reached. I really enjoy going to Very Important Person Day and watching the children demonstrate their skills to the people who love them. They also have a day where they show and demonstrate their projects and learning. It is a pleasure watching the children blossom

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted November 18, 2015
I can only go by my granddaughter who is a procrastinator. Sometimes she has a lot, sometimes she gets a lot done at school.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I have seen my granddaughter develop grit persistence and determination especially on the trips they have taken. She is not really an outdoor child but in the photos they sent home she worked hard to do everything, all with a big smile.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I feel the school and the staff work hard on this aspect and I do see this reflected in the children's behaviour

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
The children do try to be there for each other and the school has a counselor and a class to help them develop into compassionate caring and empathetic individuals

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I cannot say this is true for every child at the school but I can certainly say this about the children I know well

Austin Jewish Academy 5

Posted November 18, 2015
The school has a warm atmosphere and the kids learn very energetically. I love the various projects, art projects, and trips that they take. Each time they come back from a trip , you can see the growth that has occurred in the new independence and confidence that they have developed. The kids have wonderful relationships with the teachers and with each other.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 18, 2015
My granddaughter loves this school and only wishes it went all the way through High School. The teachers are all marvelous and so very caring. I would like to especially thank two teachers, Mrs Rosenmann who teaches science and instills curiosity and a love of learning in each child; and Mrs Fleshman, who has been teaching Madi Humanities and Mathematics, and has taught her that she can do math and enjoy it. Thank you both so much.

Austin Jewish Academy 1

Posted March 28, 2015
We completely unsatisfied from this school. it is cost a lot but give not so much. first, if there is some bullying or social issues, the school deal with this with unprofessional way. second, there is some good teacher, but there is also very bad teachers that do not teach and do not encouraging to learn. we are very disappointed. especially because there is no way to communicate with them. third, there is no way to compare between the scores of this school to another schools, so you can never know what is the academic level, compare to other schools. private or public. and it is kind of problem.

Austin Jewish Academy 1

Posted March 12, 2015
My older son was there for 4 years, my younger for 2. I do not recommend AJA. My younger son finished 1st grade still not knowing how to read (he was not the only one out of 12 students). We had him tested by the public school once he started 2nd grade. According to AISD, my son was at Kindergarten level when he entered their school meaning that he left 1st grade at the same level he entered, even though AJA provided him assistance with reading - 3 times a week. According to AISD, and another place I took him for testing, he lacked the basic skills required to read, things that are normally taught in 1st grade. As soon as he left AJA, with some basic instruction on how to read, my son s reading skill improved tremendously in ONE month. When I confronted AJA regarding those issues, their response: Every child learns at a different pace . It is no wonder that several of the students left that class after 1st grade. Also, we were not happy with the Hebrew lessons. I can t say that my sons learned much. Both my boys are much happier now at the public school, for many reasons. Don t waste your money!!!

7300 Hart Ln, Austin, TX  78731