Posted May 06, 2013
I graduated from Huntington-Surrey in 1999. It was my third high school. Before enrolling, I was on a path to becoming a drop out. I loved learning, but hated school. Huntington-Surrey made me into a lifelong learner. I graduated from St. Edward's with Honors, received an MFA from Naropa University and an MA from University of Chicago. I am now an English teacher and one of my biggest dreams in life is to someday run and teach in a school based on the principles of Huntington-Surrey methods.

Posted December 10, 2012
Huntington-Surrey has very small class sizes in a setting that allows teachers to individualize each student s learning. Students who struggle with the distractions of most school settings thrive because the small classrooms and content competent teachers encourage the student to be prepared for class and engage in learning. A student who has never read an entire book before is enticed with interest-specific literature that is discussed and written about in one-on-one English tutorial style literature class. The most important thing that happens at Huntington-Surrey is learning. The culture of Huntington-Surrey allows students to know their teachers on a first-name basis and everyone is accepted as individuals. No bullying, no intimidation, no time to waste- just learning. If you want a school where your child can soar based on their individual talents, visit Huntington-Surrey. You will be pleasantly surprised that a school like this exists.

Posted December 10, 2011
This school has been tremendous for my daughter. The school sets high expectations of the kids, and then provides the support and one-on-one attention necessary for the kids to reach those expectations. The closeness between the students and the teachers is amazing. It really creates a drive in the students to succeed. This school is wonderful.

Posted October 02, 2008
My son is not the same person since he enrolled in this school last year. He is so much happier. The staff treat the sudents like family and the teachers are great. We have recommended this school to other students who have enrolled and feel the same. What a difference!

Posted January 28, 2008
Our daughter graduated from Huntington Surrey in 2005. As a parent, I appreciated the school's low student:teacher ratio, the administration's emphasis on academics and integrity as opposed to focusing on things such as dress and appearance, and the stellar teaching staff. I highly recommend the school.

Posted December 28, 2006

Posted August 10, 2005

Posted April 05, 2005
- a former student
I am a Huntington-Surrey graduate. This school is one of the best private schools in Austin. It allows students to be an individual while obtaining an education. Since graduation, I have graduated from St. Edward's University in Austin, moved to Dallas, and I am in the process of applying to graduate school in North Carolina. The teachers are wonderful, the students are accepting, and the curriculum prepares you for college success. I highly recommend that you go visit Huntington-Surrey and see if the school is right for your child.

Huntington-Surrey High School 4

Posted April 04, 2005
This school provides academics only for the child who has a job or other outside activities. It has small classes with lots of teacher input. Emphasis is on college prep; all seniors must apply to college through a course designed to assist them with this process. Teachers are very competent and very caring.

Posted February 19, 2005
I am a grandmother of a freshman at Huntington. I have been a teacher most of my life and am presently teaching in the math department of the local community college. Huntington Surrey is restoring my grandson's faith in himself. He has always attended private schools; however, he has had more than his share of bad teachers. He is a freshman at Huntington and told me with a trmendous smile that this was the best decision of his life. He had the choice to attend a local Catholic High School but chose Huntington. He is working on his own as never before. I keep wanting to help him with his math work but he tells me there is no need. He is getting everything he needs to succeed at Huntington. The school is a blessing to us.

Huntington-Surrey High School
4804 Grover Avenue, Austin, TX  78756
Last modified Huntington-Surrey High School is a Private school that serves grades 8-12
Huntington-Surrey High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top