Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted January 05, 2016
Disappointed with A.I.S.D...for keeping an incompetent principal to lead Rodriguez Elementary......--She did away with the P.T.A. back in 2009....--No discipline in the school...--poor teacher morale....--poor scores.....

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted December 08, 2015
The principal is rude and she always talks down to me as a parent because my english is struggling. I don't like it when she rolls her eyes at my daughter. My english may not be perfect but that doesn't mean that I am not smart. I like the teachers, they work hard.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 17, 2015
All they do is send the children home with several sheets from a workbook. I have 3 kids in 3 different grades and that's what all of them get. A packet of dittos.

Posted June 17, 2015
We could not wait for the school year to be over. My intentions were to leave an honest review without personal emotions. I am not surprised by the current reviews. Yes, the principal of this school needs to be evaluated and removed from the schools. The principal is the head of the school, therefore represents the school. She is very unprofessional and has a horrible attitude problem towards parents and students. With 3 kids, we have never experienced this kind of unproffessionalism. I will say there are teachers here who are very good and care about their profession. The principal and those she hired, her friends, need to leave the education system.

Posted March 18, 2015
This is a good school with very few good teachers and great assistant principals. However, the principal herself is absolutely horrible! What a fake and almost scary feeling that you get from this person. I've watched her fake smile and converse with kids and once they turn away, she'll roll her eyes or make a face, as if she hates talking with kids. The assistant principals are wonderful and I truly believe they are a lot of the leg work at the school. Please get this principal out of Rodriguez. I still have 3 more years to bring my child here and quite honestly, I don't want my child around her.

Posted August 03, 2014
There is very little going on to change the lives of these children for the better at this school. And that is all because of the person who ultimately is in charge. For the last several years I have watched her run off some of the best educators I have ever worked with including myself. All of which because of the complete unprofessionalism the head administrator holds. It is a true shame the district xannot see the potential this community and it's children hold and for once and for all get rid of the evil which runs and ruins that place.

Posted May 16, 2014
I refuse to come back to this school. I don't even have the words to describe how this school is functioning.

Rodriguez Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2014
I agree with the posting from the teacher. My child has been going to this school since Kinder and is now in 4th grade. I have never had a pleasant experience with the current principal. The school has changed and not for the better. Although, my daughter has had a few wonderful teachers. There's something about the principal that does come off the wrong way. To sum it up, it's a good school, it just needs someone else as the principal.

Rodriguez Elementary School 3

Posted April 22, 2014
Are you rating the school then, or the principal? Do you really believe those are friends, or people, like you, just trying to hang onto their career? I know you have seen so-called friends leave Rodriguez. The friendship is an illusion created through manipulation. You could leave, but I'm sure you've heard about the vindictiveness you will experience. So, if you can't leave the district, you may have to do like some of her 'friends' and find a new career. Just don't stay and become bitter. The kids don't deserve that.

Posted October 13, 2008
Wonderful school faculty. My daughter has been reading since pre-k. It might be in a lower level income are, but teachers have a gift for being patient adn encouraging children, as well as instilling them the importance of an education. Even if my family moves to a new home, we are considering leaving our daughter here at Rodriguez.

4400 Franklin Park Drive, Austin, TX  78744
Last modified Rodriguez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.