Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

The school itself has so much potential. There are great programs in place, but it is all done by others (assistant principals, teachers). But when you're meeting with the principal to discuss some concerns and you smell what she drank the night before and her eyes are red? That is not someone I feel comfortable with running a school with elementary children. I can not fathom how this person is still a principal.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principal is not professional and needs to be removed from the school. She is very rude and only is nice when the superintendent is here.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Not effective at all. I'm not sure if reviews or parents are speaking up, but the head administrator seems like she's trying this school year. Once no one is looking she'll be back to her old ways.

Disappointed with A.I.S.D...for keeping an incompetent principal to lead Rodriguez Elementary......--She did away with the P.T.A. back in 2009....--No discipline in the school...--poor teacher morale....--poor scores.....

Develops character: Disagree

The principal is rude and she always talks down to me as a parent because my english is struggling. I don't like it when she rolls her eyes at my daughter. My english may not be perfect but that doesn't mean that I am not smart. I like the teachers, they work hard.

Amount of homework: Disagree

All they do is send the children home with several sheets from a workbook. I have 3 kids in 3 different grades and that's what all of them get. A packet of dittos.

We could not wait for the school year to be over. My intentions were to leave an honest review without personal emotions. I am not surprised by the current reviews. Yes, the principal of this school needs to be evaluated and removed from the schools. The principal is the head of the school, therefore represents the school. She is very unprofessional and has a horrible attitude problem towards parents and students. With 3 kids, we have never experienced this kind of unproffessionalism. I will say there are teachers here who are very good and care about their profession. The principal and those she hired, her friends, need to leave the education system.

This is a good school with very few good teachers and great assistant principals. However, the principal herself is absolutely horrible! What a fake and almost scary feeling that you get from this person. I've watched her fake smile and converse with kids and once they turn away, she'll roll her eyes or make a face, as if she hates talking with kids. The assistant principals are wonderful and I truly believe they are a lot of the leg work at the school. Please get this principal out of Rodriguez. I still have 3 more years to bring my child here and quite honestly, I don't want my child around her.

There is very little going on to change the lives of these children for the better at this school. And that is all because of the person who ultimately is in charge. For the last several years I have watched her run off some of the best educators I have ever worked with including myself. All of which because of the complete unprofessionalism the head administrator holds. It is a true shame the district xannot see the potential this community and it's children hold and for once and for all get rid of the evil which runs and ruins that place.

I refuse to come back to this school. I don't even have the words to describe how this school is functioning.

Last modified Rodriguez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.