Austin, TX
Students enrolled: 1,002

Posted November 04, 2014
I have been consistently and thoroughly impressed with the teachers, curriculum, principal and facilities at Baranoff. My wife and I wanted the family to live in a neighborhood with great schools - mission accomplished so far. My son is in 5th grade currently, and his overall experience here has clearly helped prepare him for middle school. Also, the extracurriculars are wonderful - great experiences with Student Council, Peer Mediation, Safety Patrol. Baranoff Elementary is great and Principal Purvis is a real gem.

Posted January 29, 2014
Baranoff is a great community school. The teachers are dedicated and there is a large amount of parent involvement. School is over capacity but they seem to make it work and kids have a great learning environment.

Posted August 31, 2013
This school is excellent. I've got two kids there and they love it. The teachers are top notch and they are learning and reading way above their grade levels. So far, we've had Ms. Trevino (outstanding and kind), Ms. Perez (just enough strict mixed with an excellent work ethic and kind), Ms. Guilette (love this woman, so good with special needs), Ms. Mitchell (very kind, but great work ethic), and Mr. Ugalde (really gets the most out of the learning experience, awesome). The parents are very involved and are encouraged to be so. You can't go wrong with this school.

Posted August 22, 2012
WE moved into the neighborhood so my son could attend Baranoff and track to Bowie High School. Baranoff Elementary is about involvement; students, teachers school administrators and parents. Working together our children get a quality education. The teachers are great and work with the students. The administration works to keep the school at a high quality level. This is my son's fifth year and we couldn't be happier with his education. To be honest, I didn't think that AISD had a school above average, I was wrong. We had a small "bump" in the road and it was ironed out by speaking with the principal and teachers.

Posted July 23, 2011
Baranoff Elementary School is such a wonderful school! I can't say enough about it, really. My children have grown and blossomed in so many ways through the remarkable efforts of the tremendous teaching staff. I'm amazed at how dedicated the staff is to providing a learning environment that is focused and caring at the same time. Each year my children have been placed with a teacher who has been able to encourage and stretch them in so many ways that my children themselves are surprised by what they have learned and what they can do. I do not think Baranoff is perfect, but I do think that the willingness to try new things and approaches says much about how involved and invested the administration is to making it a top school in Austin. The willingness to hear new ideas and feedback from parents is commendable.

Posted July 21, 2011
This is an amazing school with a very caring staff and wonderful teachers. I have multiple children at Baranoff with very different needs. Every year we get all of our needs met, and then some, whether it be in the gifted program or the reading program with tutoring. The teachers always go the extra mile in helping all children excel. The staff are helpful and willing to lend a hand when you have questions. The more our family gets involved at Baranoff, the more we realize what a special and unique community this school offers. Baranoff teachers and staff are the best!!!

Posted July 19, 2011
This year will be my eighth year as a parent of a student at Baranoff and I have to say we have enjoyed every year. My two children have very different personalities and educational needs and both have been taken care of impeccably. We have had great teachers who are supported by an amazing administration that takes the time and energy to assure each and every child gets the education that best suits their needs. You hear everyday that the quality of public education is going down each and every year, I can say that this is not the case at Baranoff, the staff, administration and parents strive every hour of everyday to make it the best possible environment for learning and they have succeeded in accomplishing just that.

Baranoff Elementary School 1

Posted July 17, 2011
The principal is horrendous and I am thrilled my child will no longer be attending this school. My child was accused of being a bully by a bully and her father, and the principal promised all sorts of investigations and reports that she would give to us, then she promptly "dropped" us and gave us nothing. I would not be surprised if she was related to that child and her father. I did report her to the Ombudsman with AISD, and I stand by my complaint. The girl who reported my daughter was involved in another incident with another child before, and that girl ended up with a broken wrist. If you have any choice at all, run, run the other way and go to a different school, at least until this inept principal leaves or is fired.

Posted January 31, 2011
Our family has been thrilled with our son's education at Baranoff. He was in private school for 3 years, and then we enrolled him at Baranoff since it has an excellent reputation. We have yet to be dissatisfied! Prior to being accepted into the gifted and talented math program, his teacher recognized his above average abilities in math, and she took it upon herself to structure his math lessons in a manner that challenged him. He is now in the GT program and doing great! We gave been very impressed by the principal and vice-principal's constant communication about all the happenings of the school. The teachers they hire have been exemplary too! There is a ton of parental involvement on all levels, and the PTA works their tails off to ensure a great place for all the students. Baranoff consistently maintains exemplary status through TEA, and as a family, we can see why. Baranoff will not dissappoint you. I am confused by some of the negative comments posted here.

Posted June 09, 2010
Baranoff is a great school and my child had a great 3rd grade year. However, I am concerned about some of the parent involvement. I was actually called by one of the classmate's moms to discuss the teacher and get my opinion on issues. My child was very successful and I am concerned this one overbearing parent is negatively affecting the teacher's credibility. I wish the school administrators would put a stop to this type of interference. Perhaps her son didn't have a great year but I know all of the kids in the class loved the teacher.

Baranoff Elementary School
12009 Buckingham Gate Road, Austin, TX  78748
Last modified Baranoff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Baranoff Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top