Decker Elementary School 5

Posted August 19, 2011
This is not the same school that it was a few years ago. A new principal and administrative staff as well as an invigorated staff and active student body have all played parts in rewriting the story for Decker Elementary. As a parent, I am proud to send my children to school each day.

Decker Elementary School 2

Posted April 13, 2011
My kids have attended this school for two years. While I love their teachers, I do agree with the other review that there is a major lack of communication between parents and the school. My kids are treated badly by other children and it doesn't seem to matter how much we bring it up, not much is accomplished in fixing these issues. Not a very good support system with this school.

Decker Elementary School 5

Posted August 21, 2008

Decker Elementary School 2

Posted August 07, 2007
This school has been a big disadvantage for my child academically as well as socially. I was not pleased with my first experience there and it went down hill from there. As soon as you speak with the secretary the bad attitude begins. The lack of communication the teachers have with the parents is inexcusable. The condescending attitude towards the parents is a complete slap in the face. The discipline comes up short due to an ill regard for it. The kids seem to have zero respect for the teachers. Overall the negative impact this school and its administration have had on my child have had lasting effects.

Decker Elementary School
8500 Decker Lane, Austin, TX  78724
Last modified Decker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Decker Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top