Posted August 10, 2013
I have had four boys attend this elementary school, two have completed K-5 there, two are still students. Needless to say, no school is perfect, and LWBE isn't perfect either. It is, however, a school that is constantly striving for high performance, always improving, and doesn't stay so focused on testing that it does nothing else. For average students (I have one), it offers a thorough yet enjoyable educational experience. For GT students (I have one, too), it is highly competitive, and moves at a fast pace that challenges them. For special needs kids (I have two of them), I reserve my highest praise. One of my boys has been a student at Bush since right after his third birthday. He's autistic, and LWBE is his second, and also a very loving, home. They offer all the education, social and academic, therapies (speech and occupational), and activities (yoga!, social skills) a child could need. I have had issues with LWBE in the past, but since I've been a parent there for nearly a decade that's to be expected. Altogether, I couldn't possibly be happier.

Posted October 18, 2010
This is great school. They try to maintain a high rank but also help the struggling kids in any possible way. The staff from teachers to principal are very supportive.

Posted April 26, 2010
Wonderful school!! I am so grateful that my children have the opportunity to go to LWBE. There is a great combo of an excellent teaching staff and willing, involved parents. My daughter has thrived here and is well ahead of her peers at other schools. I have yet to endure the 'don't want to go to school' from her; she is always excited to see what is next. This school has the resources and talent to ensure a positive, challenging learning experience for all.

Laura Welch Bush Elementary School 0

Posted April 20, 2010
I love this school and the teaching staff. I love the principal and admin. staff. They are always able to answer my questions, and make me feel at better.

Posted November 18, 2009

Posted May 08, 2009
I have nothing but good things to say about LWBE. Is it rigorous? Yes. We came from another local district where my son ended the year well behind where he was supposed to be. After coming to LWBE, much hard work and many tears, he has now caught up to his peers. The faulty and staff have high standards and hold the children and parents accountable for their own performance. If you want your child's school to be more like a drop-in day care center, might I suggest another place to live.

Posted January 14, 2008

Laura Welch Bush Elementary School 0

Posted November 28, 2007
LWBE is a very good school. The teachers are receptive and responsive. They need to have a bit more of homework at the 5th Grade. Compared to the California schools that I have seen, LWBE is way better.

Posted November 02, 2007
We were new to the District and School this year. I was expecting this would be a terrible year for my kids having just moved from California. Boy was I wrong!! My kids love this school and their teachers. There is not a day that they don't want to go to school. The teachers here seem to really love what they do and they want the kids to enjoy it also. The kids are actually challenged for the first time and we couldn't be happier. I am very impressed with the principle's involvement with the school. You actually see her directing traffic in front of the school everyday. I can't say enough about how wonderful this school is. My only regret is that we didn't get out of California sooner!!!

Posted August 07, 2007

Laura Welch Bush Elementary School
12600 Country Trails Lane, Austin, TX  78732
Last modified Laura Welch Bush Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laura Welch Bush Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top