Posted July 17, 2014
My children have been students at Cedars for the last four years or so.. They've had exceptional experiences there and these positive lessons will remain with them for the rest of their lives! The teachers are very nurturing and caring, the student body very close, and the academics are rigorous! My son said in July, 'I love the summer, but I cant wait for school to begin'. This is truly a testiment to this amazing school. The Superintendent, principal, teachers, and front office secretary all are special people. The principal is . . .WONDERFUL and has help take this school several levels forward. She is so outgoing and understanding. The teachers are passionate about learning, and in turn the children are too. They also have afterschool programs where my children further their education through field trips, technology, music, and sports. Overall, a great public charter school education compared to other public and private school choices.

Posted April 08, 2014
I love and appreciate the team here at Cedars! This has been a challenging year for my son and I due to family transitions and I truly feel like the decision we made to come to Cedars has been one of the best decisions we have ever made. My son likes coming to Cedars and I believe that is largely due to the fact that he feels loved and supported here, which has been extremely helpful for us this year. "It takes a village to raise a child", and I feel privileged to be a part of this village. Thank you Cedars for your continued support!

Posted February 03, 2014
I have to disagree with the post on June 25, 2013. I am a parent and have been a parent for the past 7 years. I have never experienced any issues with the communications with the school or any of the teachers. The school does parent orientation at the beginning of every year where they go over the various ways to receive communication, they give parents access to review grades online any time, and the teachers communicate well through email. All a parent needs to do is contact the front office to gain access to the online grades. I have found that by communicating regularly through email with the teachers & asking how my children are doing, that the same level of communication is reciprocated.

Cedars International Academy 3

Posted June 25, 2013
I cannot speak this on all the teachers at Cedars International Academy, but there is a lack of communication from the teachers to the parents. Teachers are not informing parents prior to a child's grades declining. There is no indication of problems, until the progress report comes out and a shortage in time for the problem to be corrected. This school has the potential to be a great school, yet if the communication system is not improved, student academic rated will decline.

Cedars International Academy 4

Posted September 09, 2011
I disagree with this negative review as both a school staff member and a parent. As a member of the staff, I am proud to say that we have made major strides here at Cedars in both terms of academics and school culture. Academically, we are a recognized school where our students' learning is our number one priority. As a school, we have become a tight knit group and that learns from each other. I am proud to say that we only had to hire 2 new teachers this year (we have a total of 15 certified teachers on staff). As a parent, I am very selective in where I send my children. All of my other children attended private schools in elementary. Yet, I am proud that my child attends Cedars. His teacher is phenomenal! She is innovative, caring, highly structured and caters instruction to his needs. The administrative team is positive and the members are very invested in the community as instructional leaders and school families. Discipline and structure guidelines have been in place since before school started this year. This is one community that is moving forward in a positive and exciting manner!

Cedars International Academy 1

Posted July 31, 2011
This is a great elementary school, however, administration does not know how to handle middle school. The discipline policy is reactive rather than proactive, which reinforces terrible habits in students. In addition, teachers are given insufficient amount of time to properly prepare lessons. The teacher retention rate speaks for itself.

Posted March 18, 2011
This school has provided my students with everything they need to be successful. I am very happy with the progress they are making. Dr. Diaz is very easy to talk to and willing to listen to the parents. I especially like the diversity of the population at this school

Posted March 04, 2011
The school has what schools around it need to have. It provides its students with hands on learning, small class size, and teachers that strive to ensure the students exceed their own expectations. It may be smaller in size, but it makes up for it in education, dedication, and individuality. I would definitely recommend this school for parents looking for a new school for their child(ren).

Posted March 04, 2011
I read some of the reviews and I honestly have no idea what some people are saying. My children have been at the school for over two years and their teachers are absolutely wonderful. Some work does come from edhelper, which many schools use! What is so bad about it? Its a great website, that allows students to get presented with information being taught in class a number of times. However, they don't just use edhelper, other educational books are used. Test scores for my children, as well as other parents I've talked to have increased. The teachers work hard and are dedicated to the students, You get what you can't get at the surrounding schools. They have smaller class sizes, hands on learning, and interactive teaching techniques. They are just wonderful.

Cedars International Academy 4

Posted March 03, 2011
The staff & teachers are very caring and make the school feel like a community.My children have been at Cedars over 4 years and during this time they have developed strong study habbits and have built a solid learning foundation.

Cedars International Academy
8416 N Ih-35, Austin, TX  78753
Last modified Cedars International Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedars International Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top