Posted April 15, 2014
We have been very happy with this school for our oldest. His teacher has done a great job of keeping him motivated. He's in kindergarten and reads at a 2nd grade level . He has been able to continue to grow at reading and other academics while also learning the usual kindergarten social skills.

Nyos - Magnolia Mccullough Campus 4

Posted August 26, 2013
NYOS is great in many ways. I love the small classes, the classes are integrated, no special ed classes, and your child learns at their pace. The community and parent involvement is exceptional. There is one area were they could improve, and that is not alienating the minorities in the school. The 2013-2014 Kinder loop need racial diversity training, and to understand that just because we disagree does not mean you are being attacked. my child was in that loop, and it was great until I disagreed with the teacher one time. This year is great. He has the best teacher, and she works with him very well. He loves school now I'm glad we toughed it out. I am sad to say that other minorities left NYOS because of that loop.

Posted August 23, 2013
We love NYOS! Both of our children are learning above their grade level and the investment of the teachers has been remarkable. I love the small class size and the limited number of classes. Specials (like art, spanish, music) receive emphasis and the real world learning through study trips is one of our children's favorite things. Highly recommend!

Posted February 18, 2013
This is a fantastic school that has exceeded my high standards for education. They teach the whole child so the academics is incredibly strong, but they're also making sure the students see the application of lessons in life... enabling life-long learners. Great teachers and staff leadership. Love the quarterly school schedule and I believe it really contributes to retention of knowledge. All families are invested in their child's education and you can see the difference it makes in the school. My review of NYOS is glowing. Seriously satisfied parent.

Posted February 18, 2013
This is our 3rd year at NYOS and love it. I put my oldest through public school and would never submit my younger kids to that. At NYOS the teacher to student ratio is awsome, the kids learn at their own pace. Not like public school where everyone one learns the same thing at the same time. If your child is struggling they have all kinds of programs to help. The teachers are great, the principal is awesome. I definately recomend NYOS (and I do) to everyone.

Posted February 16, 2013
This is our second year at NYOS, and my daughter's experience has been overwhelmingly positive. The teachers are incredibly hard-working and compassionate, the curriculum is rich (study trips! project based learning!), the families are involved and care deeply about their kids, and the students are encouraged to rise to the level of their abilities. My daughter is way ahead in reading and math, learning things in 1st grade that I didn't learn until 5th. We also like the diversity and the looping with the same teacher every two years. Charter schools don't have as many resources as regular public schools, but this one is rich in terms of involved people who genuinely want children to succeed and thrive.

Posted February 15, 2013
I was shocked by the negative comments. Just remember you get what you put into the school so if you are not an active parent in your child's education you will not be happy with the school (i.e. volunteering and helping out where there is a need) but if you take the time and put in the effort to support the teachers, administration, and PVC you can make an impact and you have a right to whine about what is going on. For me this school has been a godsend and has been great for both my kids. The teachers are very dedicated and strive to ensure the kids succeed and the curriculum is based on the kids needs instead of trying to fit the kids into the same box. My kids have benefited a lot from attending this school. The principles have been great to work with not to mention the PVC and the board of members. I would highly recommend this school to anyone. The fact it goes from PreK-12 is a major plus. The kids can stay with their friends all the way thru high school and it eliminates the stress some feel about having to go to a different school. There is a bus that will transfer students to both campuses which is really nice as well. I love this school!!!!

Posted February 15, 2013
I am so thankful for NYOS. My daughter has attended this school for 2 years and seems to be learning subject matter well beyond her grade level (compared to AISD). I have nothing negative to say. The teachers have been great, the parent involvement is helpful and it's easy to stay on top of activities with Facebook communication (on top of emails and fliers sent home).

Nyos - Magnolia Mccullough Campus 4

Posted February 15, 2013
2012-13 is our son's first year at NYOS. He previously attended another Austin charter school. The difference in his attitude at school and toward school is completely different than in years past, which says a lot about his teachers, classroom environment, and the behavior of his classmates - the kids are not out of control and that allows the teachers to work with them instead of trying to herd cats. The elementary principals are engaged and communicative with parents and students. Families are extremely involved for a commuter school that draws students from Austin and all surrounding areas. Executive leadership is responsive, committed, and forward-thinking. All in all, a very good school for those seeking a public alternative to any of the area ISDs.

Posted February 15, 2013
All four of our children have been at NYOS since kindergarten. We couldn't be happier. The teachers don't teach to the lowest common level, but have allowed our children to excel in their strengths beyond grade level and helped them with their weaknesses. The 2 year teacher rotations (you have the same teacher for 2 grades) have been great. We've worked with four different teachers and they have all been great. We were able to work with the staff to find teachers that would work well with each of our children. I've know several families that have children in NYOS, from elementary through high school and am looking forward to the rest of our children's experiences.

Nyos - Magnolia Mccullough Campus
1605 Kramer Lane, Austin, TX  78758
Last modified Nyos - Magnolia Mccullough Campus is a Charter school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nyos - Magnolia Mccullough Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top