Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My daughter has attended NYOS since Kindergarten and is now starting middle school. We have really loved our time at NYOS. It is a very small school so you really feel part of the community. All the faculty knows us and our child by name which adds to that personal touch. I appreciate that they teach critical thinking rather than rote memorization. it's been great so far and we have no plans to leave the NYOS community in the years to come.

I am a student at NYOS and I love it! The teachers are all so friendly and nice. We have lots of after school clubs, and if you want to start a club that does not exist yet, you can ask a teacher to sponsor you and help you start it. I am in 7th grade this year and I came to NYOS in 3rd grade. Tutoring is always available if needed, in the morning before school starts and after class as well. The school is year round, meaning we have a fall break, a shorter summer, and a little bit longer for winter break. We also get a half day on Fridays, which might be important in deciding if you will come to the school or not. We go on a good amount of cool field trips and have lots of extracurricular activities. I love NYOS and hope that the NYOS community will continue to grow!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All of the teachers at this school encourage each student to do their very best, and recognize a student that is struggling and get them extra help.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework level in my grade (7th grade) feels just right to me. Every day (except for 1/2 day Friday, which only gets 15 minutes) every student in every class is given 30 minutes at the end of the day to work on homework, late work, or attend tutoring.

Develops character: Strongly agree

All of the students at NYOS are nice to others and have this family-like respect for eachother.

I went to NYOS in 2011- some of 2012 the friends were good but the classes are not teaching you 8th grade work, After 7th grade they suddenly want you to do college based stuff that I was not familiar with so I got kicked out of school with no help in tutoring or anything because I wasn't passing my classes and if I were to be offered to come back to this school I wouldn't because the work in middle school was too college like skipping everything I need to know in 9th grade high school. And even though it wasn't all that great the thing I did enjoy there was the rock band class they have it was by far the most class I was interested in.

I was a student at this school last year and when my family had to move I was extremely saddened because, quite honestly, NYOS is an excellent school. I had moved from outside the country and they helped advise me and complete my transcript. The community is tightly knit and everyone is so accepting of and compassionate to each other. The class sizes are small giving each student individual attention from all the teachers, who were also amazing. Emphasis is placed on academics and extra curriculars and all in all, I loved NYOS and am proud to have been a jaguar!

NYOS Charter school is great, good teachers, good programs to keep kids on track. Teachers dedicate their spare time to help kids that are having trouble, they are always going the extra mile.

I have been attending this school since I was in Kindergarden, and I love it!

I love this school! My daughter was so shy, but the family aspect of the school brought her to life! The teachers all know all of the students, the parents all know each other and are willing to pitch in and help one another without expecting anything in return! It is a great environment to raise a child in, and I am so glad I chose it for my children! Parents are allowed and encouraged to be involved in every aspect of school life, and there are a number of enrichment activities beyond just sitting in a classroom learning.

Last modified Nyos Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 4-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.