Posted March 15, 2011
I absolutely love this school for what it has done for my daughter!!!! My daughter self-esteem has rose dramatically once she started attending TSBVI. She loves school more than home, she always complains that she is bored at home (imagine that a high-schooler who enjoys school more than home). The staff is caring and has a genuine interest in the students. I like that the school promotes independence in all area of life. I love that they try to get parents involved. Keep doing what you do TSBVI!!!

Posted February 16, 2010

Posted March 28, 2009
As an ex-employee of the school, you might expect me to not have favorable comments. You would be wrong. Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired has some of the most wonderful teachers in the world! Just ask all the other schools for the blind who visit TSBVI from all over the globe to better their own schools. Ask the students, parents or the employees. Learning is embedded in the full day and it is a residential school. The skills taught in the evening are life changing for the students, families and staff alike. Although I no longer work there, I fondly remember it as a magical place; a cocoon of metamorphosis which yields many beautiful butterflies.

Texas School For The Blind
1100 W 45th St, Austin, TX  78756
Last modified Texas School For The Blind is a Public school that serves grades 1-12
Texas School For The Blind Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top