Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Puting my son in Harmony was the best option he has the best grade and wants to make them even better thanks to the encouragement of the school ! That makes me happy and my son happy ! All the students and teachers are great so nice and respectful !

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I love the teachers. They are really in tune with the kids they teach. Like second moms and dads.

I absolutely LOVE Harmony Science Academy. My Daughter went 2 other schools previously for her behavioral problems. She is only a 1st grader. Harmony not only helped get her structured but they also assigned a Counselor to her to help her with her emotions. She is now able to talk about her feelings instead of feeling internally lost and throwing things. Her grades are TREMENDOUS! all As and one B in gym. Shes got her confidence back and I owe it all to Harmony

This is the great school for children who want their future education shiny . School is one of the best educational institute that offers 5 starts math, physics and other science classes. I definitely recommend Harmony Science Academy for families.

I definitely recommend HSA they offer a rigorous and well-rounded education for all kinds of learners. My son attended a local private school as a 3 year old through 4th grade. He wanted a new challenge, something different and he especially enjoyed Math and Science so he wanted to check out HSA. My son felt welcome and comfortable immediately upon his first visit - even in the "old" kind of icky building. The administration and teachers are extremely attentive and willing to go the extra mile to help the kids be more successful. I always get a prompt response when I email a person regardless if I contact a teacher, administrator or staff member. The new building is fabulous and the kids love it. The overall mood of the school is pleasant, caring and motivating. The course offerings are diverse and interesting. The GT Program is challenging and motivating. The Science classes offer interesting information and opportunities to go on field trips like visiting Texas A&M Galveston where the kids get to dissect sharks and learn through hands-on activities about the biodiversity of the ocean. The Math courses are challenging and Algebra I is offered to 8th grade students who qualify. The English courses are challenging and thought provoking, the teachers choose readings that stimulate the minds of the kids - interesting, relevant and motivating stories are used. Turkish and Spanish are offered and there are trips to different countries that are used as extensions so that the kids can practice what they have learned. Social Studies is relevant and fun with the group projects and enthusiasm. P.E. is teaching skill-based rules and techniques so that the kids get exercise and learn the proper techniques. Technology is used seamlessly throughout the school. The kids are taught to use the technology in Technology Class. They use "clickers" and kahoot to give the kids diverse experiences. Standardized tests are taken on the computer for more prompt results and more thorough evaluations. There are all kinds of clubs so that the kids can get involved in an extra-curricular way ( CRLP, NJHS, etc). The music and art programs offer extensions that reach kids and incorporate the use of different parts of the brain. Hopefully, I addressed every area. Overall, this school is wonderful, my son has been very happy at Harmony Science Academy - Austin.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school has a no bullying policy and has enforced it in productive ways that avoid shaming and encourage growth of character. The teachers are almost entirely personalities that are interested in learning more about personal development and helping each child become a better person. School policies have an emphasis on excellence and character building.

Our family has worked with Harmony Science Academy since 2010. Our four children are now in 1st, 3rd, and 7th grades. All of them have flourished at HSA, including our child with ADHD and another with dyslexia. The faculty are attentive, engaged, flexible, and dedicated. Over and over we see professional behavior and an interest in each child's individual development. The school has provided exceptional support for special needs, as well as personal investment in the students' futures. The only complaint we can think of is the lack of certain facilities like the gym or the cafeteria. However, this year there is a new building and expanded parking lot, so it's clear that the administration is working on improvements. We are very happy with the Harmony school system and we're thankful for their contribution to our children's lives.

As a student growing up with the school for 5 years, I found the school have teachers that cares about you and it want you to become the best of what you can become. I have tons of teachers that encourage me to discover my own passion and to live the goal I want to achieve and to research the things I want to research in science fair. Furthermore, some of them, along with friends and parents, are willing to treat all of us as family members in the school. However, I notice that most of the teachers tend to be Turkish teachers and there are times where I got in trouble for the wrong reason and the administrator is not willing to take another look at the case until a group of teacher are willing to bail me out. Furthermore, I found that probably one of the reason why that the school have strong academic background is first has to do with the American teachers knows how to teach through the project-based learning curriculum and thus, this gives more room for students like myself to learn otherwise. I wish they allow me to express myself as an individual rather than putting me into a box through the uniforms (which i used to appreciate but now it makes me disgusted).

This school is not for everyone. It isn't in the best neighborhood, and they don't have the nicest facilities. However, it has been wonderful for my son and his education. Thank you Harmony teachers for going above and beyond to help your students excel!

My children have attended this school for the two+ years we have lived in Austin, having attended HSE in Houston prior, and I've found this school to be excellent. It is an exemplary school and the standard is high, and my children are doing very well here. The teachers truly care and give extra effort to making sure all students are successful. THIS is what I look for in a school!!!

Last modified Harmony Science Academy - Austin is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.