Bad
Good

Posted January 29, 2016
This campus is more like a juvenile holding facility than a place of education. The students seem to be more concerned about claiming to be and acting like criminals than becoming educated and productive members of society. Did I mention the uniform requirement to curb students from claiming their gang colors? Think about that and ask yourself if that is something you look for in a school for your child.

Posted January 15, 2015
I have nothing good to say about this school. So far our 6th grade experience is horrific. Bullying daily both verbally and physically. Constant inappropriate language and conversation amongst children. We are looking into either a transfer or homeschool. The supervision of children is almost non existent.

Posted April 10, 2014
I give this school a great rating my child has an awesome teacher that care

Posted January 21, 2014
My kid is in sixth grade and is constantly bullied. We've been here for less than a month and we're already considering homeschooling. Every day my kid has come home and he has been punched, or pushed down, or kicked or cussed at by bullies. This school is an absolute joke.

Paredes Middle School 3

Posted July 22, 2013
Paredes has come a long way in the two years my child has attended, and it has it's good and bad. He is in Pre-AP and I feel he has been challenged well. The Pre-AP teachers and the band teachers have really shown they care for their students. Band parent involvement is super low. Unfortunately, the riff raff at the school is another problem. Paredes made news this year when a 7th grader brought a gun to school. Though he was caught, the principal decided NOT to inform the parents the truth, that he also brought bullets. We found out from the media. When my child was being bullied on the bus, the school officer and staff DID take care of the problem very quickly, so I commend them on that. The biggest problem is that my child is slated to go to Akins High School and I refuse to let that happen. I am transferring him to Bowie, as soon as possible.

Posted May 13, 2011
Great School. Had a bad rap in the past, but all I have seen are good things from the whole staff. They are showing a concern for the students that was not there in the past. Very Impressed.

Posted September 23, 2010
This school is horrible, the teachers and administration need to go. They pick and choose which students they want to help and teach. I would not recommend this school to anyone, period. I wish I could transfer my child out of this school to another school.

Paredes Middle School

Posted September 24, 2009
this school is great :) i definetly recomend any student going to paredes:) my daughter absolutly loves it ther:)

Posted February 25, 2009
this is a great school they do what they need and they have a lot of students with great potential

Posted February 06, 2009
This school has crappy staff to bad I cant move but if i could i would sent my son to bailey or small

Paredes Middle School
10100 S Mary Moore Searight Dr, Austin, TX  78748
Last modified Paredes Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paredes Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top