Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Paredes Middle school is my best school ever. It's not at all like others say it is. Paredes Middle School has given me my joy of a school in have always imagined. The teachers and classmates are exactly as you will have liked them to be. I love this school

This campus is more like a juvenile holding facility than a place of education. The students seem to be more concerned about claiming to be and acting like criminals than becoming educated and productive members of society. Did I mention the uniform requirement to curb students from claiming their gang colors? Think about that and ask yourself if that is something you look for in a school for your child.

I have nothing good to say about this school. So far our 6th grade experience is horrific. Bullying daily both verbally and physically. Constant inappropriate language and conversation amongst children. We are looking into either a transfer or homeschool. The supervision of children is almost non existent.

I give this school a great rating my child has an awesome teacher that care

My kid is in sixth grade and is constantly bullied. We've been here for less than a month and we're already considering homeschooling. Every day my kid has come home and he has been punched, or pushed down, or kicked or cussed at by bullies. This school is an absolute joke.

Paredes has come a long way in the two years my child has attended, and it has it's good and bad. He is in Pre-AP and I feel he has been challenged well. The Pre-AP teachers and the band teachers have really shown they care for their students. Band parent involvement is super low. Unfortunately, the riff raff at the school is another problem. Paredes made news this year when a 7th grader brought a gun to school. Though he was caught, the principal decided NOT to inform the parents the truth, that he also brought bullets. We found out from the media. When my child was being bullied on the bus, the school officer and staff DID take care of the problem very quickly, so I commend them on that. The biggest problem is that my child is slated to go to Akins High School and I refuse to let that happen. I am transferring him to Bowie, as soon as possible.

Great School. Had a bad rap in the past, but all I have seen are good things from the whole staff. They are showing a concern for the students that was not there in the past. Very Impressed.

This school is horrible, the teachers and administration need to go. They pick and choose which students they want to help and teach. I would not recommend this school to anyone, period. I wish I could transfer my child out of this school to another school.

this school is great :) i definetly recomend any student going to paredes:) my daughter absolutly loves it ther:)

this is a great school they do what they need and they have a lot of students with great potential

Last modified Paredes Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.