Dessau Middle School 2

Posted June 03, 2014
The staff and faculty at this school are apathetic and they simply do not care. They will do whatever takes the most minimal effort and they will throw everything off on the parents (or someone else). These are mostly low income needy kids who would thrive if someone just cared about them and took a little extra effort to help them along. These teachers give all teachers a bad name. There are very few who care at all. Hopefully, the new Principal can change that. Until then, your student will have a rough time here unless you are very very active and if you are like most parents in this area, you probably don't have the time to be so.

Dessau Middle School 5

Posted May 28, 2012
The school was amazing great avid program A very well educated school I will never leave the area

Dessau Middle School 5

Posted May 28, 2012
Excellent school very well educated the school is very nice and orderly I just love the school no bad comments

Dessau Middle School 1

Posted December 09, 2010
I am pulling my son out of this school and am putting him in private. My son tells me everyday about the things he experiences here and it amazes me. I feel sorry for the students that HAVE to stay that aren't a part of the problem. There are so many problem students attending this school and the "good" students are having to endure the results of the "bad" students problem "homelives". It is really sad. I went up to the school and spoke with the administration and even they told me they have never seen a class like this EVER in all the years they have been teaching. It is bad....really bad. My son has come home two times within the past two weeks crying. I'm OVER THIS SCHOOL!

Dessau Middle School 1

Posted December 28, 2009
Thank God my son was only stuck there for one year ('08-'09). There was horrendoulsly little communication from admin to staff, less from staff to students and none from staff to parents. The band program was draconian (wanted my son to go to a clinic at UT on a Sat instead of taking his only chance to visit a relative whom he hadn't seen in 3 years and dinged his grade when I refused to permit him to go). A miserable experience for both my son and his teacher mom. Done public and private--Worst Experience EVER!

Dessau Middle School 0

Posted May 22, 2009
This is an OK school I just know that theirs better out there. I can say we're great in the sports area, the extra-curricular. We (7th grade) also have the highest cba and taks scores out of all the other PISD middle schools. I have to go to the Westview middle school for my last year of middle school because of a rezoning policy. However, I'd rather stay at dessau, moving for the last year to me is pointless i guess but i guess We'll see! :|

Posted April 02, 2009
I am so pleased to have a student and DMS. The teachers are amazing at adapting teaching methods to a wonderfully diverse group of students. Any discipline problems are dealt with quickly and efficiently. Truly dedicated teachers and staff create wonderful learning opportunities for the kids. Excellent drama, band and Kickstart programs. You may think you want to live in a swankier area of Pflugerville, but that is too bad, because THIS is the school you should want your kids to attend. (Not five stars because the office staff could be a little friendlier.)

Dessau Middle School 3

Posted January 25, 2009
As a student, I'm trying to base this off of the school only and not the people I'm around with. Overall, DMS is average school, great bands (*very prideful of them*), great KickStart program, intelligent students (we won the UIL!)... But the school spirit is lacking in some places and getting through the hallways is scary (running, pushing, cramped places, and those annoying moments when a arrogant 8th grader walks extremely slowly in front of you while you're trying to get to class). There isn't much encouragement to the whole school and the broadcasts that send daily news are coming apart. We need to become stronger, DMS!

Posted October 03, 2008
I volunteer on the PTO so I'm around the school often. I am quite surprised at how wonderful the staff, parents and students are to work with. I had heard things about the school which did not reflect a good reputation from years past, however, I would have to disagree with all that I heard. I have no issues with the school or staff. I find DMS a great place to be. Also, the teachers have been wonderful and the communication is great!!! What a change a couple of years can make!

Posted October 03, 2008
Since the new principal took over last year, the scohol has seen a huge improvement in nearly very respect. The kids seem happier, the teachers seem happier and I've not heard any complaints. I agree the school was horrible under the previous administrator, but it just goes to show that that the right person in the right job can truly make a difference, as it apparently has with DMS. School spirit is very high and I think we will continue to see the results in the form of better grades and higher passing rate. Go Diamondbacks!

Dessau Middle School
12900 Dessau Road, Austin, TX  78754
Last modified Dessau Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dessau Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top