Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Students are bullied and when they defend themselves they get suspended. So I guess your suppose to let your kids be assaulted and just stand there and take it, teachers are lazy, principle is even lazier. Went to talk to her about an incident that happened and she was too busy eating breakfast tacos to even speak. Terrible school!!!!!!!

I went to Dessau middle school, I highly believe that you don't let your child attend this school because he or she will be bullied, I was there for two years and I was bullied to the point that I believed in there was no point of living. Then my parents changed my school and I went to Kelly Lane middle school, now that's a school I recommend, as soon as I walked through those doors everything changed nobody picked on me and I knew it was Gods blessing.

The staff and faculty at this school are apathetic and they simply do not care. They will do whatever takes the most minimal effort and they will throw everything off on the parents (or someone else). These are mostly low income needy kids who would thrive if someone just cared about them and took a little extra effort to help them along. These teachers give all teachers a bad name. There are very few who care at all. Hopefully, the new Principal can change that. Until then, your student will have a rough time here unless you are very very active and if you are like most parents in this area, you probably don't have the time to be so.

The school was amazing great avid program A very well educated school I will never leave the area

Excellent school very well educated the school is very nice and orderly I just love the school no bad comments

I am pulling my son out of this school and am putting him in private. My son tells me everyday about the things he experiences here and it amazes me. I feel sorry for the students that HAVE to stay that aren't a part of the problem. There are so many problem students attending this school and the "good" students are having to endure the results of the "bad" students problem "homelives". It is really sad. I went up to the school and spoke with the administration and even they told me they have never seen a class like this EVER in all the years they have been teaching. It is bad....really bad. My son has come home two times within the past two weeks crying. I'm OVER THIS SCHOOL!

Thank God my son was only stuck there for one year ('08-'09). There was horrendoulsly little communication from admin to staff, less from staff to students and none from staff to parents. The band program was draconian (wanted my son to go to a clinic at UT on a Sat instead of taking his only chance to visit a relative whom he hadn't seen in 3 years and dinged his grade when I refused to permit him to go). A miserable experience for both my son and his teacher mom. Done public and private--Worst Experience EVER!

This is an OK school I just know that theirs better out there. I can say we're great in the sports area, the extra-curricular. We (7th grade) also have the highest cba and taks scores out of all the other PISD middle schools. I have to go to the Westview middle school for my last year of middle school because of a rezoning policy. However, I'd rather stay at dessau, moving for the last year to me is pointless i guess but i guess We'll see! :|

I am so pleased to have a student and DMS. The teachers are amazing at adapting teaching methods to a wonderfully diverse group of students. Any discipline problems are dealt with quickly and efficiently. Truly dedicated teachers and staff create wonderful learning opportunities for the kids. Excellent drama, band and Kickstart programs. You may think you want to live in a swankier area of Pflugerville, but that is too bad, because THIS is the school you should want your kids to attend. (Not five stars because the office staff could be a little friendlier.)

As a student, I'm trying to base this off of the school only and not the people I'm around with. Overall, DMS is average school, great bands (*very prideful of them*), great KickStart program, intelligent students (we won the UIL!)... But the school spirit is lacking in some places and getting through the hallways is scary (running, pushing, cramped places, and those annoying moments when a arrogant 8th grader walks extremely slowly in front of you while you're trying to get to class). There isn't much encouragement to the whole school and the broadcasts that send daily news are coming apart. We need to become stronger, DMS!

Last modified Dessau Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.