Westlake Alternative School 5

Posted March 05, 2011
I was never the traditional student in Westlake, in fact by the time I entered TLC(The learning center- Alternative school) I could hardly even be called a student. That all changed with one year at the alternative school. Self paced work was right for me and teachers who did not simply expect me to memorize and regurtiate facts out of a text book for a test helped me realize there was more to education than I'd seen in the traditional system. I am graduating with a Bachelors degree in Philosophy, in the top ten percent of not only my class, but the university at large, in August. I intend to move on to a masters so that I may teach. If you asked me what single thing was the most important catalyst to my academic achievement I would have to say it was the Learning center. Its a place where bright students who don't operate well under traditional stucture can flourish and go on to bigger and better things.

Westlake Alternative School 3

Posted December 10, 2009

Westlake Alternative School
4100 Westbank Dr, Austin, TX  78746
Last modified Westlake Alternative School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
Westlake Alternative School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top